Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

rava
Old 11-22-2011 , 19:24   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDrone View Post
Hey guys,

If you want you can try this http://www.nzambi.net/addons.zip
it is a clean (contains no mods) _standart_ setup with mm-1.8.7, sm-1.4 and L4DToolZ 1.0.0.10RC2 which is working on my server and also confirmed by rava to work on his server.

add this to your server.cfg:

sv_maxplayers 20
sv_removehumanlimit 1
sv_unlock_sb_add 0
sv_force_unreserved 1
sv_visiblemaxplayers -1

Hope this helps you guys.
I confirm
Old 11-22-2011 , 19:33   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
well aint that something
a reinstall of the server would probably have solved it. I'm out of here now.

Even with a newly installed server that did not work, l4dtoolz been dead now that Ivailosp and return the problem will get better, thank you again MonkeyDrone a great team and we come and help.
Old 11-23-2011 , 04:07   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1003

well it would have worked if you did a fresh reinstall + steamupdate with verify_all on your start up line. the engine.so file in your /bin folder was outdated and the reason to l4dtoolz crashing your server. If you had applied a steam update the file would have updated which would have stopped l4dtoolz from crashing your server.

monkeydrone didn't really do anything more than reposting l4dtoolz together with sourcemod/metamod.

You could aswell have downloaded 1.0.10RC2 from the orginal post by Ivailosp together with latest sourcemod/metamod.
That would have been the same thing as downloading the .zip file from drone. So drone didn't solve anything really.

Last edited by Visual77; 11-23-2011 at 05:36.
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-23-2011 , 05:33   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rava View Post

Even with a newly installed server that did not work, l4dtoolz been dead now that Ivailosp and return the problem will get better, thank you again MonkeyDrone a great team and we come and help.
Welcome anytime mate, if anyone else is having trouble. Give me a shout! (PM me)

Cheers.
Simadea
Old 11-23-2011 , 07:24   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1005

@MonkeyDrone
Thank you for the hint, I also tried to do a re-setup of the addons folder and everything worked fine again for me. It nearly drove me crazy...

All installs and verifying i made after the update on 11-04 did not work(as i could see on my server folders you are right the engine.so was updated this two times).

It is really odd to see how people were displayed here, as if there are so manny people too stupid to do a fresh install or verify the gamefiles...

Edit: I also tried an old backup of my files from about 3 weeks ago, worls also fine again.

Simadea

Last edited by Simadea; 11-23-2011 at 14:46. Reason: edit
jake84
Old 11-23-2011 , 07:27   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1006

hi, the files by monkeydrone didn't work for me.

I did what visual said and it worked for me. i did a reinstall so engine.so would get updated, then i added l4dtoolz + sourcemod 1.5.0 and metamod 1.8.7
all working fine again. thank you all

Last edited by jake84; 11-23-2011 at 07:30.
rava
Old 11-23-2011 , 11:49   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
well it would have worked if you did a fresh reinstall + steamupdate with verify_all on your start up line. the engine.so file in your /bin folder was outdated and the reason to l4dtoolz crashing your server. If you had applied a steam update the file would have updated which would have stopped l4dtoolz from crashing your server.

monkeydrone didn't really do anything more than reposting l4dtoolz together with sourcemod/metamod.

You could aswell have downloaded 1.0.10RC2 from the orginal post by Ivailosp together with latest sourcemod/metamod.
That would have been the same thing as downloading the .zip file from drone. So drone didn't solve anything really.
STOP visual stop taking us for pies ...

We all did everything but without success due to the faintness of the plugin! otherwise I see no reason why a Ivailosp rework the plugin.
Intervenes when necessary and not after 8 days.

Little info I know a guy that your request for help by PM on this forum, it is still waiting for the answer today, when the trouble to post, now everyone can restart the server and saw that the plugin updated.

greetings
Old 11-23-2011 , 12:24   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1008

rava, your words make no sense. Ivailosp didn't have to update the plugin because the old one was working fine. It was just valve's patch that messed up l4dtoolz on certain linux systems after november 4, but it was fixed after valve's patch on november 18. wasn't that what Monkeydrone confirmed, when he said that the old l4dtoolz (version 1.0.010RC2) was working fine again?

can you please just stop the argue now, you've solved your problem but you're still fighting with me. just drop it and move on.

btw, I can confirm that the new version Ivaliosp made (l4dtoolz 1.0.0.9f) works too. It's your own choice weather you want to use 1.0.0.9f or the or the old version (1.0.010RC2).
1.0.09f does however not use any gamedata file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDrone View Post
Hey guys,
If you want you can try this addons.zip
it is a clean (contains no mods) _standart_ setup with mm-1.8.7, sm-1.4 and L4DToolZ 1.0.0.10RC2 which is working on my server and also confirmed by rava to work on his server.

Last edited by Visual77; 11-23-2011 at 13:26.
MonkeyDrone
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-23-2011 , 14:26   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rava View Post
STOP visual stop taking us for pies ...

We all did everything but without success due to the faintness of the plugin! otherwise I see no reason why a Ivailosp rework the plugin.
Intervenes when necessary and not after 8 days.

Little info I know a guy that your request for help by PM on this forum, it is still waiting for the answer today, when the trouble to post, now everyone can restart the server and saw that the plugin updated.

greetings
Hey Rava,

Use your time wisely by wasting it on anything else then Visual.

It's not worth it even to start with.

People will read the posts and know what to do now. So lets play on our servers and have funzies with milks and cookies <3

Last edited by MonkeyDrone; 11-23-2011 at 14:27.
jake84
Old 11-23-2011 , 14:36   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1010

After reading it all, i have no idea what rava is saying but visual is right on the matter. I did what he adviced me to do and my server started working again.

you guys should leave him alone, as all he's trying to do is to correct the clueless people on here. this guy aint some noob and if you've been a member here long enough you know who this guy is.

im not gonna go any further with this, but just don't make it any worse then it already is. just be happy that l4dtoolz works.

Last edited by jake84; 11-23-2011 at 14:37.