Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)

Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2009 , 23:21   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #11

Remove all the ending ?> tags, and I'm betting it will work.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-22-2009 , 12:55   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
Remove all the ending ?> tags, and I'm betting it will work.
?

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2009 , 17:47   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
?
In your PHP files. Remove the ending ?> php tag (which is optional). There are reasons behind this, but it's easier if you just do it :p
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-24-2009 , 00:48   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #14

Isn't it because at the end of the tag whitespace is inserted and that causes problems with headers and such?
PoLoIvAn
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-17-2010 , 15:59   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #15

I can't get this working..

Everytime I get a "Wrong Request". Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2010 , 00:24   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #16

Why would you want to upload the full map to your website if you could just upload the bzip which is usually half the size :/ Some people have really bad upload speeds, even cable limits you to 300 or so kb/s.

berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-26-2010 , 08:16   Re: Bzip2 Compression on the fly ! (fastdownload/sv_downloadurl)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontWannaName View Post
Why would you want to upload the full map to your website if you could just upload the bzip which is usually half the size :/ Some people have really bad upload speeds, even cable limits you to 300 or so kb/s.
On my server I'm pointing my webserver to the gameserver files for specific directories, that means I don't have to upload any files twice.

I'm not supporting this bzip2 tool I made anymore, because I believe it's not working how it should. When compressing parts of a file on the fly, the HL2 client somehow doesn't like it.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"