Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Warcraft3 XP Version 2.6.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Bigbufford
Old 07-21-2005 , 00:02  
Reply With Quote #21

it lets me change race but it still says that i can only change race will dead or during freeze time so it brings up menu but still wont let me
and it still only brings up the 4 races do i have to have any other plugin to run w3?
SomeBigLuser
Old 07-21-2005 , 02:32  
Reply With Quote #22

Once you've changed the line "#define EXPANDED_RACES 1" in the warcraft3.cfg you need to recompile the warcraft3 plugin to get the extended races. As far as the choosing while dead/freeze time I suggest just issuing a small freeze time.

You do not need any other plugins to ge wc3 to work.
Send a message via AIM to SomeBigLuser
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-21-2005 , 09:47  
Reply With Quote #23

At this time, you CANNOT change races while alive. I can add a cvar in the next version to allow it, but I really suggest against it, it breaks all kinds of things and allows for some nasty race-combo exploits.

Example: Using the dwarf race and getting free grenades, and switching to orc in the middle of the round to throw orc nades.

I've fixed a lot of these kinds of exploits but a few are still around. I'll add a cvar though, "mp_livechangerace" in the next release.

Also, yes, you have to recompile the plugin after changing warcraft3.cfg ... I plan to make a lot of these options into Cvars next release. See this thread for info on using warcraft3.cfg: http://wc3mods.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96
Old 07-21-2005 , 12:11  
Reply With Quote #24

ok thx but what do u mean when u say recompile the plugins?
PaP.ISO
Old 07-21-2005 , 23:31  
Reply With Quote #25

how can I increase the amount of xp giving per kill? cause 6xp just doesnt seem right...
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-21-2005 , 23:51  
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaP.ISO
how can I increase the amount of xp giving per kill? cause 6xp just doesnt seem right...
mp_xpmultiplier

Also: I have uploaded a second copy of the plugin. This zip file can be found in the original thread post. The new races are enabled by default in this version.
Old 07-22-2005 , 01:30  
Reply With Quote #27

Good idea ferret with the second plugin for advanced races already defaulted, should help out alot of people afraid to ask or too lazy to register. I also like the switch to cvars, easier to test and see what I want to leave as the norm.

Bigbufford, in order to recompile a plugin just go to the cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting folder and double click compile.exe Then look in the compiled folder and move warcraft3.amxx to the plugins folder.
Send a message via AIM to SomeBigLuser
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-25-2005 , 12:38  
Reply With Quote #28

I'm willing to help anyone recompile the plugin if they need me to. Just send me a PM on wc3mods.net
Old 07-30-2005 , 18:55   Servers
Reply With Quote #29

As a huge fan of War3 mod for old CS I really really want to play some of this new mod but am unable to find a server running it anywhere. Could someone point me to a resorce for finding War3 mod servers? Is there a list on a website anywhere? Or an offcail site for this mod?
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-02-2005 , 19:16  
Reply With Quote #30

Official forums:
http://wc3mods.net/forums/index.php?c=6

Official "beta" server:
http://wc3mods.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80

By beta, I mean running this version, because I haven't made any updates since then yet.