Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SRCDS Crashing upon correct install of Sourcemod/Metamod for Hidden Source 4b

Post New Thread Reply   

DreadPirateFury
Old 05-24-2019 , 17:45   SRCDS Crashing upon correct install of Sourcemod/Metamod for Hidden Source 4b
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there, a friend and I are attempting to get a private dedicated server running for the Hidden Source, the sourcemod from 2007. Currently we're having an issue getting Sourcemod/Metamod to function in any capacity due to a CTD from SRCDS. Upon clicking "Start Server" in SRCDS, it responds that it's starting the dedicated server for about a half a second before it closes. No error message, no crash log, and we can't find mdmp files on our computers anywhere. Please note that the server is working without Sourcemod installed, so we suspect it has something to do with the latest versions of Hidden Source and Sourcemod/Metamod being mismatched.

This is using the current stable version of Sourcemod, we've also tried 1.10.6, which seems to have been the last version archived when it comes to required versions of sourcemods running on Source SDK base 2006, as detailed on this wiki page:

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Required...ns_(SourceMod)

We have no idea where to begin with troubleshooting this issue as there are no crash logs and we're working with such outdated info. Our next bet if this forum doesn't work is to contact current dedicated server hosts for the mod. We'd like to avoid that if all possible because hunting and harassing random server hosts isn't the most elegant of solutions.

Thank you all for taking the time reading this, I understand that we're novices but any help would be appreciated, even things that may seem obvious, we may have overlooked something.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-25-2019 , 06:32   Re: SRCDS Crashing upon correct install of Sourcemod/Metamod for Hidden Source 4b
Reply With Quote #2

Does Metamod:Source work without SourceMod?

Does it fare any better if you rename the addons/sourcemod/gamedata folder? how about extensions and plugins as well?

BAFFLED
Old 05-29-2019 , 17:33   Re: SRCDS Crashing upon correct install of Sourcemod/Metamod for Hidden Source 4b
Reply With Quote #3

I was going to take a look at this, but I can't even get it to run without MM:S/SM.

As far as I can tell, the Source 2006 dedicated server files aren't even on Steam anymore.