Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?

Post New Thread Reply   

xm3kilo
Old 02-20-2018 , 09:47  
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I've noticed this mainly with plant props and rock props but when a player touches/rubs on a rock or walks through a plant the SV and VAR of the server goes up past 80 and the entire server stutters etc.

I unloaded all SM plugins and have tried two different servers (both linux, on two different machines) and it happens on both.

Any ideas?

CHEERS!

WE TRIED with two different types of props, ones with vphysics enabled and ones without, without does NOT lag, but ones lag HARD!

Is this a cvar?

EDIT: I wrote a plugin that changes the props in question to the player collision group (I tried 2 and I went through with no lag) and it lags (group 5).
This is a player based collision issue?

Last edited by xm3kilo; 02-20-2018 at 11:07. Reason: Merge bump
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2018 , 14:15   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #2

Please dont spam users with private messages asking for help.
Old 02-20-2018 , 14:23   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Please dont spam users with private messages asking for help.
I sent one message. To you. So I really don't get this response, it's neither helpful or insightful and it doesn't benefit anyone involved?

Just a little update, physics props seem to be fine, it's only prop_dynamics with the vphysics flag enabled in Hammer. My plugin does a botched job of fixing it, and I know I'll run into issues. I'm using m_usSolidFlags and m_CollisionGroup and setting the prop to not solid but I'm sure there's an easier way of making the props collidable themselves as well as disabling vphysics. They don't seem to work with BB flags. I thought it may have been a player model issue or the player themself, but I'm pretty sure it's related to something else. I wonder if there's a cvar or another way to change vphysics?

Last edited by xm3kilo; 02-20-2018 at 14:24.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2018 , 15:20   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks Asherkin.

OP. Try using prop_physics_override instead of prop_dynamic.
Old 02-20-2018 , 15:24   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks, but I need it for maps that are already compiled. Unless you mean to change the entity through a plug-in?
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2018 , 18:53   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #6

You might want to mention which game and map.
Old 02-20-2018 , 19:15   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #7

Every custom map on csgo, haven’t tested normal. I tried another installation on another Linux machine and same thing happened with 0 plugins

Both centos

Last edited by xm3kilo; 02-20-2018 at 19:16.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2018 , 20:27   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #8

Is the turbo phsyics cvar enabled?
Old 02-21-2018 , 00:50   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #9

Nope :/ even standard installs do it. Centos / Linux issue?
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2018 , 00:57   Re: [URGENT] Server extreme lag when player walks in a prop?
Reply With Quote #10

Try enabling turbo physics.