Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Respawn System

Post New Thread Reply   

Kenny Loggins
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-18-2009 , 19:18   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #211

Possible offset change in 1.3 for forcerespawn?

Server Admin / Leader
ClanAO.com
Jaguar_hl
Old 08-19-2009 , 06:28   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #212

There is a problem with server.cfg and sm_respawn_time_red / sm_respawn_time_blue variables - they always set to 1, while in server.cfg they set to 10 / 6.5.
Another problem is server restart (crash) after exec something.cfg. Does anyone solved this already?
Ghost Assassin
Old 08-19-2009 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Loggins View Post
Possible offset change in 1.3 for forcerespawn?
Yeah, Kenny Loggins, your right about the offset change in forcerespawn for sourcemod 1.3 dev fix. I tested on a test server that I made on my computer. lol...I thought originally it was something to do with my server.cfg...so I went and looked up a new server.cfg and went through my old one...correcting any errors. Finally, I just installed sourcemod 1.2.2 dev fix instead after downloading sourcemod 1.3 dev fix in the server before. This plugin seems to work fine using sourcemod 1.2.2 dev fix. The forcerespawn has a delay in sourcemod 1.3 dev fix regardless if you edit settings in server.cfg. So just use sourcemod 1.2.2 dev for now since it works great.
Old 08-22-2009 , 20:59   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #214

Hi,

Just thought i had better mention this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

I have been having a strange problem with the Weapon/Item drops since the 13th August Update and i have finally and strangely tracked it down to this Plugin.

I have had the plugin installed for a long time and it is on both my TF2 Instant Respawn Server's. I have the times set at 1 second for both teams.

Since the update last week, weapon/item drops have only been occuring when you died at a round end, sudden death or end of map etc and some players were getting a few at the same time at this point including myself. It was like you were getting all the drops you should have had earlier but in one go at the end.

I actually thought valve had changed it that way in the update initially and then i found out that other Servers were still getting drops at anytime including mid round.

I have been messing with allsorts of things and then tonight it suddenly dawned on me that the drops were only being shown at a round end etc because that was the first time you were actually dead and didnt respawn instantly or fast etc.

So i locked one of my Servers and jumped on it with one of my Admins and tested the theory out.

First of all i changed the respawn times to 5 seconds so it wasnt instant. We then worked through a milestone achievement to try and force a weapon drop etc. When the milestone was achieved, we got the achievement but no weapon. We then forced the end of round and the weapon appeared along with the equip this weapon window etc. In other words exactly the same thing as when it was on 1 second.

I then removed the Plugin altogether and tested the same way and when we got the milestone, next time we died, we got the weapon drop and equip exactly as it should be. We tested it for another good 30 mins or so and had a couple of random weapon drops mid round after we had died.

Valve must have done something in the update that is causing this to now happen as it was fine before the update.

Just thought i would let you know these findings.

Im a bit stumped as to finding a way around this actually LoL.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 08-22-2009 at 21:39.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2009 , 03:59   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #215

Interesting. I wonder if that would be an offsets issue. You got latest SM?

Id have to test that out...
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2009 , 04:43   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #216

Yep.

I am using snapshot 1.2.2-hg2738 on both Server's and have been since it was released after the Valve Update.

- Lob (UK)
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2009 , 09:30   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #217

This Respawn and Weapon/Item Drop problem is causing major problems on my Server

People are thinking the Server isnt working properly because of the weapon/item drops as explained above.

I have reduced the caps required to default 3 to give it more chance of drops but it doesnt help much really because even when the round ends after the 3 caps, the only way you get any drops that you may have had earlier is if you are killed by the winning team during the crit blasting session at the end of the round or Kill yourself if you are on the winning team because you dont respawn and hence get any drops previously earned. Other than that, its the Map End or sudden Death if it occurs. These are the only times that you dont respawn hence the drops occur.

Everything works fine and as it should when the plugin is removed.

Trouble is though, without the plugin, the fastest respawn time i can manage to get from when you die is 6 seconds and my 2Fort Regulars want instant as in 1 or 2 seconds at most.

Could really do with finding a good work around or a fix very soon.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 08-24-2009 at 09:36.
KRosen
Old 08-24-2009 , 11:18   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #218

ya know lob i dont seem to have this issue on my groups servers.

just a heads up that im not experiencing this issue.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2009 , 11:31   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #219

Very Strange that.

As soon as i take this plugin off, the weapon/item drops occur as normal after you die.

Put the plugin back on again and the problem occurs.

I have tested this on 3no TF2 Servers now (2Fort 24/7, KOTH 24/7 and my Test Server) and it happens the same on all of them.

I wonder if theres something else that is causing a conflict with the plugin.

I will have to do some more research on this very strange problem.

I will report back if i find anything.

Thanks for letting me know.

- Lob (UK)
WoZeR
Donor
Old 08-30-2009 , 12:48   Re: [TF2] Respawn System
Reply With Quote #220

So far everyone is reporting the plugin is working correctly on their server with the latest sourcemod.