Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.25) [25-Oct-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

S.A.S
Old 09-20-2023 , 04:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.23) [10-Sep-2023]
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
1.24 (19-Sep-2023)
    - Update for L4D2:
    - Fixed not precaching the Knife model. Thanks to "S.A.S" for reporting.
    - Fixed not loading melee weapons on some 3rd party maps that are missing the "meleeweapons" key value. Thanks to "Iizuka07" for reporting.
Perfect work.
What I noticed is that these errors were only on add-on maps but on official ones everything works perfectly
kochiurun119
BANNED
Old 09-23-2023 , 09:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023]
Reply With Quote #272

When i use Melee In The Saferoom 3.1.0 of $atanic $pirit, N3wton and use [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023] no have weapon melee spawn in safe room
Send a message via ICQ to kochiurun119 Send a message via AIM to kochiurun119 Send a message via Yahoo to kochiurun119 Send a message via Skype™ to kochiurun119
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-23-2023 , 10:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023]
Reply With Quote #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochiurun119 View Post
When i use Melee In The Saferoom 3.1.0 of $atanic $pirit, N3wton and use [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023] no have weapon melee spawn in safe room
Did it work with an older version of Info Editor?

Edit: Confirmed it's working. Check error logs, check your configs.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-23-2023 at 11:28.
Alexmy
Old 10-13-2023 , 21:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023]
Reply With Quote #274

Hello, does anyone know how to fix the model blinking?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ9YyOU9CdY
Old 10-21-2023 , 06:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.24) [19-Sep-2023]
Reply With Quote #275

Hi, according to the plugin's description:
Quote:
Modify gamemodes.txt and weapons.txt values by config instead of conflicting VPK files.
Yet there's no mention or even example on how to modify key/values in gamemodes.txt file.

for example I successfully changed the "maxplayers" value in gamemodes.txt by extracting and modifying the gamemodes.txt from
PHP Code:
**/Left 4 Dead 2 Dedicated Server/update/pak01_dir.vpk 
, then creating a VPK with the modified file
here's the modified file:
Spoiler

after running the server, there would be this lines printed in the console output:
Spoiler

---

Unfortunately I failed to achieve the same result using this plugin

Here's my attempt, by modifying sourcemod/data/l4d_info_editor_mission.cfg

Spoiler

also used same key/values under:
Spoiler

As a side note: I've modified some weapons attributes in sourcemod/data/l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg, I can assure that the changes are applied in-game, e.g. weapons's "clip_size", melee's "force_dir", etc...
this can show that the installation of the plugin was successful

Regardless, many thanks for the great plugin @Silvers

Last edited by Fraggor; 10-21-2023 at 06:51.
Lv99Zubat
Old 11-14-2023 , 21:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.12) [01-Oct-2020]
Reply With Quote #276

Quote:
Might be better to use Left4DHooks forward:
PHP Code:
forward Action L4D_OnGetMissionVSBossSpawning(float &spawn_pos_minfloat &spawn_pos_maxfloat &tank_chancefloat &witch_chance); 
Hey Silvers,

I have been trying to get Tanks on every map in my L4D2 server for a while now and have been really struggling. I've been trying a variety of solutions, including the mission info editor, but haven't found success yet. Using this "forward" is something I haven't tried yet; I've seen you mention it as a solution in another thread as well. I'm pretty new to Sourcemod, when you say to "use the forward", do you mean create a new plugin that uses it? How would one go about just using a single forward?

Thanks for your time, Silvers.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-17-2023 , 12:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.12) [01-Oct-2020]
Reply With Quote #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggor View Post
Hi, according to the plugin's description:

Yet there's no mention or even example on how to modify key/values in gamemodes.txt file.
This plugin doesn't modify the modes .txt files, it modifies the mission .txt files.

If you want to change or increase slots there are other plugins for that. I don't know what this method you're doing does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv99Zubat View Post
Hey Silvers,

I have been trying to get Tanks on every map in my L4D2 server for a while now and have been really struggling. I've been trying a variety of solutions, including the mission info editor, but haven't found success yet. Using this "forward" is something I haven't tried yet; I've seen you mention it as a solution in another thread as well. I'm pretty new to Sourcemod, when you say to "use the forward", do you mean create a new plugin that uses it? How would one go about just using a single forward?

Thanks for your time, Silvers.
PHP Code:
#include <sourcemod>
#include <left4dhooks>

public Action L4D_OnGetMissionVSBossSpawning(float &spawn_pos_minfloat &spawn_pos_maxfloat &tank_chancefloat &witch_chance)
{

spawn_pos_min GetRandomFloat(0.050.0);

spawn_pos_max GetRandomFloat(50.0100.0);

tank_chance 1.0;return Plugin_Changed;

This is also demonstrated in the "left4dhooks_test.sp" plugin source code.
Old 11-24-2023 , 10:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.12) [01-Oct-2020]
Reply With Quote #278

Quote:

This is also demonstrated in the "left4dhooks_test.sp" plugin source code.
Silvers, thanks for your help. I was able to get it to work. I did see that in the test but I'm so new to Sourcemod I just needed someone to hold my hand for second to understand what was going on. Starting to make sense now. Thanks again.
E.4H
Old 02-19-2024 , 02:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.25) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #279

Sorry, everyone can help me please

How to change pistol Fire Rate and reload time? I modify "CycleTime" and "ReloadDuration" in data\l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg, nothing happened

Shotguns are not working either
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2024 , 08:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.25) [25-Oct-2023]
Reply With Quote #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.4H View Post
Sorry, everyone can help me please

How to change pistol Fire Rate and reload time? I modify "CycleTime" and "ReloadDuration" in data\l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg, nothing happened

Shotguns are not working either
You can try this plugin, I try to make some weapons attribute match the keyvalues in weapon_*.txt
l4d_weapon_editor_fix

PHP Code:
// The dual pistol Cycle Time (the inverse of fire rate, 0: keeps vanilla cycle rate of 0.075)

l4d_weapon_editor_fix_dual_pistol_CycleTime "0.075"

// The dual pistol Reload Duration (0: keeps vanilla reload duration of 2.333)

l4d_weapon_editor_fix_dual_pistol_ReloadDuration "2.333"

// If 1, Make shotgun fire rate obey "CycleTime" keyvalue in weapon_*.txt

l4d_weapon_editor_fix_shotgun_fire_rate "1"

// If 1, Make shotgun reload duration obey "ReloadDuration" keyvalue in weapon_*.txt

l4d_weapon_editor_fix_shotgun_reload "1" 

Last edited by HarryPotter; 02-19-2024 at 08:15.