0% 

Beta Testing

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2004 , 22:23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbigdog2000
take it easy guys,geezz....just a question!
You failed to read the first post in this thread, you just posted a question already answered in it. I'm not sure if your the right type of person to beta test things.
Old 11-30-2004 , 23:29  

oo..opps, sorry! :-D mistakes happen
Old 12-01-2004 , 21:09  

I can beta test, I got a 64 player CS : Source server and a 16 player HL2DM server .

Linux btw
dual_bereta_r0x
Old 12-02-2004 , 11:48  

I'll be glad to help testing too. I run some 32 ppl win32 ded servers and have some debug experience.
Send a message via ICQ to dual_bereta_r0x
ShadowKat
Old 12-02-2004 , 13:23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaja
Also, Windows Event Viewer (eventvwr.msc) gives infomation about application crashes.
I believe it's only available in XP and 2000.
This is an incorrect statement as the Windows Event Viewer has ever been a part of the Windows platform. It is just now located under a different group name in 2000 and XP. It resides in administration tools group that did not exist before Windows 2000.

The key to testing (I'm a Quality Assurance Engineer Manager) is well described by malex. Just sending in a report saying it broke, is not going to be sufficient. You definately need to understand when you see an error from which application or program it's coming from. If possible, it would be good for the SourceMod programmers to allow their beta testers to have access to have a high level listing of the design of SourceMod. Letting the testers know how the developers are expecting the program to act and react. Hardest way to test is to test a program or an application in which you have not been told how it's design and it's expect behaviors. Also, GOOD ERROR CATCHING CODE. If something does crash/break having a message that indicates "object reference is not set to an instance of an object" really doesn't tell you a whole hell of a lot. Please don't leave off error catching code for a "rainy day" in order to get SourceMod out faster. Believe me in the long run it will be better.

HEH, ok I'm done ranting now.
KillerGreen
Old 12-03-2004 , 11:19  

I too, would love to beta test for you guys on my LINUX 16 preson public server.
Server: [CSEKF]Kill House 66.246.178.114:27015
VENTRILO: darkstar.nrgservers.net
port: 3534
Send a message via ICQ to KillerGreen Send a message via AIM to KillerGreen Send a message via MSN to KillerGreen Send a message via Yahoo to KillerGreen
Pills[HL2DB]
Old 12-03-2004 , 19:58  

Hi there. I am fairly new to this website. I think it's groovy what you fellows are doing. Anyway, let me get to the point. I run Http://articgamin.com and would be happy to setup a test server for the development team if one has not been done already.

My comment is not meant as a question, but as a statement. I am not looking to beta test, but to furthermore improve on this project. If you would like me to beta Sourcemod, I would not mind at all. My servers are ran on Linux (Which I know a decent ammount about as well as Windows)

You may contact me by email at:

[email protected]
[email protected]

best regards
-Sean
BAILOPAN
Old 12-03-2004 , 20:11  

Okay, obviously people did NOT get the point of this topic

The point of the topic was to please, NOT post offers for beta testing.

So, thank you for your generous offers, but when we need testers, we will make a call for it
Closed Thread