Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2010 , 15:33   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #711

have you ever seen a lobby consisting of more than 8 players? Me neither. 8 can join by lobby, rest follows via any connection type they like to, hlsw, openserverbrowser, connect cmd in console...The lobby only connects to the server if you instruct it to do so by mm_dedicated... command.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2010 , 23:56   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
have you ever seen a lobby consisting of more than 8 players? Me neither. 8 can join by lobby, rest follows via any connection type they like to, hlsw, openserverbrowser, connect cmd in console...The lobby only connects to the server if you instruct it to do so by mm_dedicated... command.
I didn't ask about lobby, I asked about Steam selecting my server so people can join. Ask yourself this, how do people JOIN my server WITHOUT:

1. Server Browser
2. Connecting Manually
3. Friends List...

only last one left...

4. Via Match Making System...

When they click Play online they have to get into a server somehow, my guess is match making. So the whole reason for this plugin on steam is so more than 4 people can join coop games. Which won't work cause there is some kind of lobby reservation or whatever that prevents people from joining.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
cigs
Old 02-11-2010 , 07:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #713

He's talking about this. People don't find multislots servers (or more than 4 for coop, more than 8 for versus) in the ingame GameBrowser. If they would, there would be alot more people finding the servers. As of now, the additional slots only get filled by direct connect, openserverbrowser, steamgroup server listing and friends connecting. Our servers are not listed under 'Games in Progress'.

I'm hoping next version of Downtown's extention will bypass this problem. I'm actually waiting a bit for it. :p
Old 02-11-2010 , 08:58   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #714

You were asking twice about "STEAM LOBBY SYSTEM" and "lobby matchmaking...", thatīs why I responded to it. However, I stopped using this Game Browser last summer as itīs simply not telling me on which server I land. Itīs a simple way to connect to ANY server/game but I donīt want to try 20 connects till I join a server I like. I guess you feel the same. Everyone who joins my multislot vs. servers (l4d1, l4d2) does this by steamgroup (browser), openserverbrowser or connect command. The majority seems to use steamgroup browser/openserverbrowser and they have no problem with that. Well I think that server hosters can expect from players to perform 1 or 2 manual steps to join a server if they really like it there. If you are talking about an empty server never getting filled then you should do something about that, i.e. listing it in game-monitor.com, gametracker.com, hlstatsx(gameme), add it in big steamgroups, create an own steamgroup with description and so on. I did that and it works.

But as this thread is about downtowns plugin I would like to ask him the question: Is it possible to list custom servers in the game browser (screenshot from other posting) ?
RasterMan
Old 02-14-2010 , 07:56   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #715

Is this extension ever going to be updated?
Old 02-14-2010 , 08:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I am working on 0.5 which will have those things (and I don't recall saying the steam group was a cosmetic issue, I was referring to sv_visiblemaxplayers). I have to go to work full time throughout the week and don't have time to work on the extension in the middle of the week anyway.
patience.
Old 02-16-2010 , 15:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #717

So it sounds like some people are managing to get more than 8 players in their servers, albeit through friends joining, console connect, etc -- but when I tried the plugin, it wasn't possible to get more than 8 in through any method whatsoever (I'd just get that lame message about the server becoming unreserved, without anything happening).

Hoping the .5 comes soon, but I'm wondering now if I have other issues I need to clear up first...?
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2010 , 16:07   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #718

If your hoster only gives you 8 slots no more than 8 can join. what does your srcds start line incl. parameters look like?
I have ....+maxplayers 16... in it and for the time where I used l4dt (instead of l4dtoolz) I got server full.
RasterMan
Old 02-17-2010 , 15:06   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #719

It doesn't work with Linux servers it's broke
Old 02-17-2010 , 17:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #720

Works fine on mine. l4dtoolz doesn't work on mine though...