Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS CZ Looking for a similar plugin to determine player's location

Post New Thread Reply   

Fiercetree
Old 01-13-2024 , 02:17   CS CZ Looking for a similar plugin to determine player's location
Reply With Quote #1

I have a dedicated CS CZ server and wanted a plugin similar to the one from this link.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=651943

I had this one, but since upgrading to AMX Mod X 1.9, it no longer works. (Get an error that says it cannot find geoip_country file, check mod.ini) I could not locate this file there or anywhere from my old amx mod x folder.

I don't mind fixing this with help, but is there a similar plugin I can use. Thanks for any help!
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2024 , 21:42   Re: CS CZ Looking for a similar plugin to determine player's location
Reply With Quote #2

Link the files on your new Amxx installation.
Old 01-22-2024 , 01:02   Re: CS CZ Looking for a similar plugin to determine player's location
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Link the files on your new Amxx installation.
Just to clarify, what files do you need me to post from the AMX Mod X folder? The whole folder?
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-22-2024 , 12:42   Re: CS CZ Looking for a similar plugin to determine player's location
Reply With Quote #4

The Maxmind database. If using LInux, one can install geoipupdate then run a cron periodically. That won't put it in the addons/amxmodx/data folder though. Have to do that manually and only once with symbolic link.

Code:
GeoLite2-City.mmdb -> /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoLite2-City.mmdb
GeoLite2-Country.mmdb -> /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoLite2-Country.mmdb

In case you want a plugin that does not require geoip module and rely on Maxmind database...
When Maxmind database is updated on a running server it will crash it.

I started to make a whois native but never finished because I was working with making Amxx for OSX compile automatically on Github. This is a working plugin shared so others have something to build from. It grabs the country flag URL etc. .Snake was asking about the flag once but I refuse to take money from any of you all. It works independent of MAXMind. I made this since the laws in California changed it became harder and harder to get a good reading. There is another plugin I made that cached the data and used it as country, currency, a whole bunch of stuff on kills. Later I just reduced to country on name on kills and revert back geoip module. The other geo api I was tapping into went out of business. That is the downside. Geoip module still fouls up when running for a long time and eventually will crash servers. Keep that in mind.

https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...ve/ipapico.sma

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 01-23-2024 at 17:29. Reason: Old plugin forgot about made before the war.