AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2016 , 20:20   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #12

I would also recommend NFO

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2016 , 20:26   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #13

NFO, OVH, or EoReality would suite your needs.

It's typically, "Expect a reply within 24 hours" not in under 12. 13 hours is a really short time, especially if it's on a weekend.
durangod
Old 03-08-2016 , 21:02   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #14

I'm not asking them to solve the problem in 7 hours or under 24. I am asking for them to show me that someone is alive there and understands that I am having an issue. That right there is big. But to let a ticket just sit there for 24+ hours with no reply, and then you only get one reply every 24 hours after that, that cant stand.

Check this out...

https://forums.gameservers.com/viewt...p?f=20&t=53139

As you can see I'm not happy, especially when I get more reply from a forum than I do from support.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-08-2016 , 23:33   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #15

I have been using NFO for over 3 years. Pricing is fair, the servers are not overloaded, and if you put in a ticket and have to wait 5 minutes for a reply you must have really stumped them. They reply to tickets so fast its hard to believe.

Edit: "well I was going to add an image of what I'm talking about but your image uploader does not work, I'm not really surprised."

Burn.

Last edited by Dr_Knuckles; 03-08-2016 at 23:35.
durangod
Old 03-09-2016 , 00:41   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #16

They wrote me finally and basically used the excuse that they have more techs than two years ago but that some of the games take much more of their time and so they are overloaded at times.

I felt like saying hey I have a solution "GET MORE TECHS"

UPDATE: I just had a workshop question and they answered it in like 3 min, no sh...t LMAO I must be on the radar or something lol

Last edited by durangod; 03-09-2016 at 01:04.
FrostSurf
Old 03-09-2016 , 11:12   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #17

I have used multiple game server company's. The setup I found that works the best for me is EOReality and SiteGround. I use EOReality to host the game server and use SiteGround to host my website and databases. So far ive had no issues and definitely recommend them. Both company's offer host in SW USA.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-09-2016 , 15:48   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #18

gameservers.com lost my respect when they didn't allow me to upload my own .so's to the servers, and I had to run an old version of SM. Then again that was about 5-6 years old. (damn im still young)
androssfox
Old 03-10-2016 , 08:24   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #19

Beating a dead horse at this point - but between lurking for months just wanted to log in and say a VDS from NFO works great. I previously used EVL Gaming on a VPS there which was pretty good (and very cheap), some hiccups but generally fast support (12-24 hrs depending if it was a weekend). EVL, however, did not offer DDOS support which became an issue after they effectively canceled my account following three attacks - I was able to find proof of a user threatening to perform the attacks as well as their IP, etc. information but nothing ever came of that...more or less felt like they were giving me 'busy work' towards the end of the business relationship there but I digress - still a solid company barring DDOS problems..I believe their selling point is they truly want VPS's that won't have their IP broadcasted - at least my machine had a direct IP, I eventually had purchased some protection through them but it wasn't enough to overcome the attacks.

NFO's support was very good in helping me transfer from one server to another - I couldn't image the machine at the time so it was a process copying files over...long story short, even without purchasing anything and prior to beginning my trial NFO's support replied near instantly to answer any questions I had. You do pay sort of a 'premium' price, but with their support and DDOS protection I can't complain. I do want to note this wasn't my first rodeo with NFO...I had previously managed a sever years ago with them, left that clan, later on managed our own clan's servers, switched to a VPS (EVL), eventually came back...never had any account issues whatsoever. They could update the UI for administration - I even offered to do that for free - but that's a non issue, really.
proffs
Old 03-10-2016 , 16:38   Re: I am shopping around for a new gameserver company
Reply With Quote #20

Best would be to purchase a dedie and put up your own game panel (Open Game Panel is really good)
I could help you out.