Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Cloman
Old 08-07-2015 , 05:18   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2591

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritBob View Post
MySql version: 5.6.26-log MySql Community Server (GPL)
by default i was using utf8, but to resolve the issue i needed to change everything to utf8mb4, but the problem still persists, so maybe I didn't do the transition correctly or the plugin does not support utf8mb4.

I tried many guides (like https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/mysql-utf8mb4), still no luck ( I couldn't do some steps fully and even skipped some, but when i write
SHOW VARIABLES WHERE Variable_name LIKE 'character\_set\_%' OR Variable_name LIKE 'collation%';

Everything appears to be utf8mb4/utf8mb4_unicode_ci except for character_set_system and character_set_filesystem, which inclines me to think that the problem is on the plugin's end.

EDIT: I followed this guide and did everything, yet still experience the same problem - https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/mysql-to-utf8

UPDATE: After reading the source file for the plugin, It was using utf8, so I changed it to use utf8mb4 and after compiling/deploying no errors appear!! It seems i finally fixed this shit.
Make sure that you also change the character sets and all those stuff for your mysql to fully remove any kind of problems (look into the 2 guides above). In the folder sqlscripts (Located in TF2 Web Ranking archive in main post), each .sql file is made to setup your tables with utf8. Make sure you change them to use utf8mb4 if planning on re-creating any of the tables. It will save you a lot of trouble.

I will have a look and see if there is a good solution for it.
Please dont forget, it does seems to be only a issue for mysql.
All other databases do not have this issue(mariadb, sqllite etc).
All other databases seems to be able to handle 4 byte characters as under UTF8.
Because of mysql has older utf8 character set that can only handle max 3 byte characters.
So mysql has added utf8mb4 character set and be able to support wider unicode characters.
but thats only from mysql version 5.5 or bigger.
I also know there is still huge amount of mysql server running 5.0 and 5.1 running and not supported by utf8mb4.
They mention those versions have still better performance then 5.5 or bigger so the database hosters most of the time dont upgrade yet because of the load they have on the database.
Hefal
Old 08-07-2015 , 22:25   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2592

Argh!

I'm running a very simple html designed motd and I would like to have a top20 players board visable. I have very basic knowledge in html and php and feel lost. Is there an easy answer to this?
SpiritBob
Old 08-08-2015 , 03:53   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2593

Is there a fix for the unknown weapon warnings like tf_shotgun_primary and the DataTable warning about SendPropFloat 'm_vecNormal' clamping?
pendrive148
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-13-2015 , 23:17   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2594

it is possible a cvar to turn off the message when you lose points when you die?
spinninglink
Old 08-14-2015 , 02:18   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2595

Ok I might be missing something but.. I don't see points for "Classic" in tf2-stats.cfg , under sniper or anywhere else. Is there any way to add points for it? Thanks!

Last edited by spinninglink; 08-14-2015 at 02:19.
Cloman
Old 08-14-2015 , 18:48   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2596

in the tf2-stats.cfg add ----> rank_the_classic_points "2"
then you should be fine.
Cloman
Old 08-15-2015 , 04:44   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2597

I like to know from everyone who uses this tf2_stats plugin what database they are using.
Are you using:
- Mysql (what version ?)
- Sqllite
- MS SQL (what version 2014, 2012, 2005)
- Maria DB
- Other (and what is it)
Cloman
Old 08-15-2015 , 04:48   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2598

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendrive148 View Post
it is possible a cvar to turn off the message when you lose points when you die?
only the losing point or all messages ?
spinninglink
Old 08-15-2015 , 23:40   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloman View Post
in the tf2-stats.cfg add ----> rank_the_classic_points "2"
then you should be fine.
Shouldn't it be there already, though?? I looked at the newest version of the plugin and there is no classic listing at all.
pendrive148
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-15-2015 , 23:46   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]
Reply With Quote #2600

Quote:
I like to know from everyone who uses this tf2_stats plugin what database they are using.
Are you using:
- Mysql (what version ?)
- Sqllite
- MS SQL (what version 2014, 2012, 2005)
- Maria DB
- Other (and what is it)
My host use 10.0.20-MariaDB

Quote:
only the losing point or all messages ?
only the losing point