Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO]Can I make an entity/model only visible to a specific player on the server?

Post New Thread Reply   

draxus99
Old 11-29-2020 , 06:51   [CS:GO]Can I make an entity/model only visible to a specific player on the server?
Reply With Quote #1

I have an idea in mind for a plugin but it would rely greatly on the capacity to do this specific thing.

Say I have 2 players connected, Player A and Player B.

Now I spawn 2 Bots, Bot A and Bot B.

Can I create a plugin such that:

Player A *can* see and interact with Bot A, but *cannot* see and interact with Bot B.

Player B *can* see and interact with Bot B, but *cannot* see and interact with Bot A.

If possible, could this work for actual Players?

i.e. imagine we have 4 players connected, Player A, B, C, and D.

Could I create a plugin such that Player A and B see and interact with each other, but do not see or interact with Player C and D?

And Player C and D see and interact with each other, but do not see or interact with Player A and B?

Anyway thanks a ton for any insight you might have
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2020 , 07:00   Re: [CS:GO]Can I make an entity/model only visible to a specific player on the server
Reply With Quote #2

Take a look at the SetTransmit function.

I know that is possible to hide it from the view, but ignoring damage maybe not (only with SetTransmit I mean).
Old 11-29-2020 , 07:22   Re: [CS:GO]Can I make an entity/model only visible to a specific player on the server
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks this looks like what I'd need to use!

Side question if you don't mind: What is the maximum number of connected clients to a CSGO dedicated server? I think I've seen servers with 64 players? Anyway is that a 'hard limit' or could you in theory have even more 'player models' like BOTs than 64?

Thanks
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2020 , 08:12   Re: [CS:GO]Can I make an entity/model only visible to a specific player on the server
Reply With Quote #4

It is limited to 64 by engine, even if you achieve to increase it probably you will have a lot of plugins breaking.

Thats why we declare client variables as "MAXPLAYERS+1" which is a constant 64 value. (+1 because is an array)

In L4D2 for example is limited to 32