Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Any] Veterans Only (v1.3, 2020-06-10)

Post New Thread Reply   

id5473
Old 11-11-2017 , 15:17   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #61

Hey all,

i seem to be struggling getting this to work.
I get kicked based on my playtime but the playtime it retrieves are wrong.

my veterans.cfg

Code:
// This file was auto-generated by SourceMod (v1.8.0.6027)
// ConVars for plugin "veterans.smx"

// Should me ban the player instead of kicking and if we should, for how long (in minutes)?
// -
// Default: "0"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "31536000.000000"
sm_veterans_bantime "1"

// Amount of time in seconds that we should not send a delicate request for the same query.
// -
// Default: "86400"
// Maximum: "31536000.000000"
sm_veterans_cachetime "86400"

// Is VeteransOnly plugin enable?
// -
// Default: "1"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_veterans_enable "10"

// Steam's Store id of the game you want us to check against?
// -
// Default: "730"
// Maximum: "100000000.000000"
sm_veterans_gameid "550"

// Should we kick the player when something bad happens such as failing to retrieve the user's info?
// -
sm_veterans_kickfailure "0"

// Should we kick the player when he/she has a private or friend only profile?
// -
sm_veterans_kickprivate "0"

// Minimum total playtime amount that player needs to have (in minutes)?
// -
// Default: "6000"
// Maximum: "600000.000000"
sm_veterans_mintotal "3660"

// Minimum total playtime amount (excluding last 2 weeks) that player needs to have (in minutes)?
// -
// Default: "3000"
// Maximum: "600000.000000"
sm_veterans_mintotalminuslastweeks "0"

// Maximum number of seconds till we consider the requesting connection timed out?
// -
// Default: "10"
// Maximum: "300.000000"
sm_veterans_timeout "10"

// Address of the PHP file responsible for getting user played time.
// -
// Default: "http://falahati.net/steamapi/queryPlaytime.php"
sm_veterans_url "http://falahati.net/steamapi/queryPlaytime.php"
after trying to connect and it telling me i don't have enough playtime VeteranPlayerCache.txt contains this:

"VeteranPlayersCache"
{
"steamid"
{
"LastUpdate" "1510425802"
"TotalTime" "1194"
"Last2WeeksTime" "0"
}

the steamid is correct but my playtime is actually 2,807 hours ~168420 and my last2weekstime should be around 1320 minutes.

I already tried to change my privacy setting putting EVERYTHING public (inventory & comments too)
flip flopping status from private to public.. no dice.

so no i looked at my gametime of all games i own on this steam account.. and surprise.. guess what time has 19.9 hours which equals to "1194" ? Counter-Strike: Global Offensive!

another friend of mine with even more hours in l4d2 but even less in CS:GO can join and it reads his hours correctly.. (213840)

So why is the plugin checking this appid for me? When i installed the plugin i wasn't sure if it creates it's own config file.. so i initially placed the values in my server.cfg. But after the first connected attempt and seeing the values are not applied i looked for the config and found it. So maybe it stored that somewhere and still checks my CS hours instead of l4d2?

Any hints are appreciated..

id

*EDIT* I kept the plugin active and observed the VeteranPlayerCache.txt and checked the profiles of people appearing in there. There's multiple people where the plugin retriebes the CS:GO time instead of the l4d2 time...
*EDIT2* OK so apparently it writes stuff to "/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/dataveterans_cache.txt" and "/left4dead2/left4dead2/VeteranPlayerCache.txt". After deleting the the later it worked.

Last edited by id5473; 11-12-2017 at 07:15.
Hydrozilla
Old 12-26-2017 , 08:20   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #62

This pluggin stopped working recently, it seems the url is no longer working.

[veterans.smx] VeteransOnly: Failed to retrieve user's playtime (HTTP status: 500)

If I change the url to the original one it gives HTTP status of 0.

I think this shows the url is still valid but is not able to access the playtime, (500 being a internal server error).

CSS is on sale again and the timing of this failure is unfortunate at the least.

I am guessing that either something is amiss with the host of the url or something changed in a steam update changing the steamapi.

Please check your source error logs before you tell me its working fine.. I had no clue it had stopped working until kids starting joining and I checked my log.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-28-2017 , 10:39   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by romkazor View Post
Hello, please, could you upload of folder contents https://steamapi.darkserv.download/veterans/ in case the site is no longer available in future.
Thanks
The "darkserv.download" domain as well as other DarkServ related domains expires in 2027.

The "DarkServ" project is well-known for keeping things alive forever, several former DarkServ (CS:S) players also asked once why the CS:S servers was being kept alive so long after they lost the player base, "so long" was in that case for more than 3 years after they technically "died out".

That being said, there is literally no difference from the one at steamapi.darkserv.download to the original web/queryPlaytime.php script from the repository. There has been added some cache headers, to prevent too long server/CDN-side caching (currently, it is actually just disabling caching), but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrozilla View Post
This pluggin stopped working recently, it seems the url is no longer working.

[veterans.smx] VeteransOnly: Failed to retrieve user's playtime (HTTP status: 500)
Unfortunate side effect of moving to another backend server, and forgetting to install a required library. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrozilla View Post
Any help is greatly appreciated!
And I also appreciate your help and assistance, such as with reporting the issues, so there are chances to fix them.

Thank you for your attention! :-)

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Hydrozilla
Old 12-28-2017 , 11:31   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #64

Yep its working again! Thanks again arnie ! This is our favorite pluggin and has made the server much easier to admin. +rep
Old 02-23-2018 , 06:24   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #65

profilechecker is not working properly
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-23-2018 , 13:33   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaearth View Post
profilechecker is not working properly
Use the alternative link provided in Post #54.

With that address, it works perfectly fine..

Hydrozilla
Old 02-23-2018 , 14:28   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #67

I can verify that its working nicely. It removed a couple dozen players yesterday that didn't have enough hours.

The only thing I have noticed is that if you set it to kick private profiles it kicks people it shouldn't. So I have turned off that feature.

I also turned off it kicking if it fails to retrieve players info.

It weeds out the vast majority of the players we would probably remove manually. I periodically disable the pluggin until the admins scream for me to turn it back on.

I will add one more thought.... a whitelist would be nice
Old 04-11-2018 , 05:54   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #68

Hi, buddies I don't use this plugin (maybe in future), but due to recently Steam update: Steam Blog, how are things now?
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2018 , 11:45   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ipKa View Post
Hi, buddies I don't use this plugin (maybe in future), but due to recently Steam update: Steam Blog, how are things now?
This, also, seems that this is the cause of why people with private profile can still join on my server even if i have,
Code:
sm_veterans_kickprivate "1" 
sm_veterans_url "https://steamapi.darkserv.download/veterans/"
I wonder if this plugin is going to get updated

EDIT: So, it seems that it started to work, but it doesn't work correctly, people with public profile weren't abble to join (Some yes, some don't) and people with private plugin could join also (I tested it with private profile and i was abble to join normally).

Any way to fix this guys?

Last edited by Lannister; 04-21-2018 at 16:37.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-22-2018 , 11:57   Re: [Any] Veterans Only (v1.0, 2015-01-22)
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ipKa View Post
If you use the alternative address from Post #54, it will still work.

However, where people just needed to have a Public Profile on Steam, they also need to have "Game Details" set to Public, after the newest changes from Steam.

If both of them are set Public, Steam will usually about ~1 hour after the settings has been set to that respond properly to the queries, and the plugin should work for the game time checking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
This, also, seems that this is the cause of why people with private profile can still join on my server even if i have,
Code:
sm_veterans_kickprivate "1" 
sm_veterans_url "https://steamapi.darkserv.download/veterans/"
The plugin (and API backend) isn't coded very well in order to actually check for different situations, which may be the reason to the things you are experiencing here.

The plugin expects is expecting a completely empty response if the profile is private, but while handling the Steam connection, "private" (or now: privaet "Game details") profiles would return an non empty response on the API, which is very likely to be causing the plugin not to see it as being a private profile, the way that the plugin was made.

I verified 10 days ago, on April 11, that the API end point was still working though, but I didn't spot that part with the private profiles.

Let me know if you still see any issues like this after yesrteday, - ~April 21 2018, 17:00 CEST (rougly 25 hours ago from this post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
I wonder if this plugin is going to get updated
I wrote in January to the author, via the email address on the GitHub profile, to hear if there was any interest in updating the plugin, or if he would "approve" that I could eventually "take over" the thread, - it has been 3 months, soon to be 4 months since I wrote to him.

The message may have been delivered by OP's mail provider to the spam folder though, so far, there hasn't been any confirmation to the receipt of the message nor any response at all. I am not expecting anything on this part anymore though.

OP's last activity on the forums was March, 2015 (as you can see on the profile), which is three years ago now, and the overall silence seems to appear that no one should really count on updates to this plugin from the original author anymore.

I can add that I have had various thoughts and plans for a while, in regards to making a "service" that would help making the life much easier for server administrators/operators. The reason I'm referring to it as a "service", is because certain parts of the things won't be 100% public (such as for example the "API"), in order to help all communities, rather than allowing certain communities to play egoistic - and only help them self rather than the whole community.

Time had been a bit of an issue, as well as the lack of eventual "beta testers" too. If you're interested, and can live with it as a "service", where the "service" would be able to retrieve certain information about your players (for example, Steam ID, IP address, Player name, etc.), with the sole purpose of helping all communities at once, - ... then you're all more than welcome to PM me, with your Steam profile address, and I will add you, and then get back to you whenever I have something ready.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 04-22-2018 at 11:58.