Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

Edhmelus
Old 10-15-2009 , 09:46   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #251

So there is no bloody possibility someone can fix this mod? It's broken. It's causing looped infected event music ect..

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
Edhmelus
Old 10-15-2009 , 16:32   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #252

So this plugin is dead? o.o

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2009 , 17:43   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #253

You should have noticed by now tponcho does not read this thread every day or has time to respond in a swift fashion.

What the heck are PKT errors?

Im using my modified version (which is not that different) and have no problems whatsoever
Edhmelus
Old 10-15-2009 , 19:57   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
You should have noticed by now tponcho does not read this thread every day or has time to respond in a swift fashion.

What the heck are PKT errors?

Im using my modified version (which is not that different) and have no problems whatsoever
Well, gameservers says its errors in the server which can however either be caused by game itself OR by plugins. We did about 5-6 tests and these PKT errors only appeared during Perkmod testphase + also they didnt happen on some perks *shrug*

Sinistar83
Old 10-16-2009 , 05:22   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
So there is no bloody possibility someone can fix this mod? It's broken. It's causing looped infected event music ect..
Same thing happening for me, I hope they get it fixed in the next patch.

Also what would be a nice feature is if whatever perks you choose would team text chat so your teammates would know what you chose.
Edhmelus
Old 10-17-2009 , 02:52   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #256

I think that's unneeded. There is a reason why theres voicechat and such <,< But yeah - tPoncho will have to fix this plugin soon or it won't be used anymore :S I loved the plugin but not if it bugs so much.

Edhmelus
Old 10-22-2009 , 12:32   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #257

Using Atomic's version does somehow solve the problems with the soundloop. However the are still zillions of PKT errors.

Sinistar83
Old 10-22-2009 , 19:39   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
Using Atomic's version does somehow solve the problems with the soundloop. However the are still zillions of PKT errors.

I'm using atomic's version where it binds the keys 6-10 for clients, and we still ge tthe sound loops (maily on smoker incap and tank music)
tPoncho
Old 11-01-2009 , 03:49   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #259

Hey guys =P

So I know an update is sorely needed, I understand it's something about the music looping? And it doesn't come up with AtomicStryker's version? So I guess it must be from a perk that messes around with the cvars or something...

Unfortunately, it's that time of the school semester when midterms are still flying around and now papers are starting to crop up =.= I'll do what I can to fix this, however don't expect a timely update >_< I realize this is a long time to wait, but I'll aim for some results by late November or early December, when there's a lull in-between papers and finals =P

In the meantime, something I cooked up a while ago but neglected to post was an alternate .cfg that sorta rebalances everything downward. The idea was for a much more subtle gameplay change... Having played once or twice with some friends of mine, I realized that some perks seem like too much for people used to vanilla versus - Spirit just sort of rocks your world if you just weren't expecting that incapped guy to suddenly dust himself off with 70 temp health =P In general, most values were halved, although Spirit got hit with the nerf stick the hardest - it gives 0 health bonus. Some perks are unchanged though.

To install this .cfg file, rename it to "perkmod.cfg" and put it in your "common/left 4 dead/left4dead/cfg/sourcemod" folder. It has all the perks enabled by default and all, so if you had tweaked settings before you'll have to re-tweak this cfg file.

Anyways, yeah, sorry about the looping music >_< I realize it's highly annoying to hear smoker music just keep going and going... and to get all these weird server errors, haven't seen that sorta thing before o_O I have a nasty feeling it's gonna get worse when L4D2 comes out, pretty sure L4D1's gonna get some other update too. Until then, good gaming~
Attached Files
File Type: cfg perkmod_redux.cfg (9.2 KB, 200 views)
tPoncho
Old 11-06-2009 , 00:29   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #260

Update!

So, one night I had a nice space of time, and thought it'd be a good time to test some ideas out... and voila, I think I got the music problem down! Seems like all I had to do was delay CVar changes (on smoker tongue release and tank death) instead of having the plugin make those changes instantaneously. I've only done personal-scale testing - I did replicate the music bug on a personal scale, so I'm fairly confident I got the problem down... however, you never know =P but yeah, whoever's out there still using this old plugin, try it out and see if that problem's finally gone. (Assuming, you know, you're not busy playing the L4D2 demo... =P)

Also, since a certain someone asked for it... =) I merged Speed Demon with Old School, and toned both down a little bit. None of the CVars were changed, and I left it so that disabling one or the other will disable that component only, if you'd rather go back to the old ways. You'll still only have one perk instead of two to choose from, though =P

Also... these weird PKT errors... I think they're coming up from game events, and right now I'm a bit pessimistic about what I can do about that because virtually everything my plugin does is based off game events =/ however, making the damage add plugin stop updating game events seemed to fix a new bug I stumbled on, where damage adds weren't working and were so buggered up that a hunter scratching with Old School literally could not incap a survivor with 1 hp. Seems to work okay now, but I can't remember if that fixed the side messages like "player incapacitated Zoey". Can't be sure if those were messed up to begin with, I'm too sleepy to remember >_<

Anyways, hope this update fixed that music problem, enjoy!