12% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

Recon-1
Old 10-07-2009 , 21:14   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
... Happens sometimes. Did you write !perks ?
Yep, tried that a few times, it's plugin commands worked as I was able to bring up some options via !help but it seems none of the commands worked aside of that. This server had a laser sight and a few other source mods installed on it. One which i've not identified as of yet allows you to select a particular survivor at the beginning but after I choose a survivor, nothing else shows up.

I suspect that this server hasn't as of yet fully updated it's source mod or that it's current mods are not compatible with perk. But far as I know it's the only server I see that hosts perks.
l4dn00b
Old 10-08-2009 , 00:56   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #242

Request:

When I disable the tree can you not have it ask players to type !perks at the start of the round? People get confused about the perks being automatic and not selectable.

Any way to incorperate the smoker touge distance and hunter pounce distance into the plugin? I have other plugins for this but they get canceled out by perkmod.
preset
Old 10-11-2009 , 20:24   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #243

I have come across the same problem. I'll play with 3 other friends and while they have loaded into the next map without problems, I'm left looking at the scoreboard (coop) and if I hit my console button (~), I get a black screen. The server still shows me in there and "idle". The only option I have is to exit to the main menu and then reconnect to the server. That gets a little tiring at the end of every section of a campaign.

I think this plugin makes the game play even more enjoyable and I hope any updates you do help to fix this issue.
Recon-1
Old 10-12-2009 , 20:15   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by preset View Post
I'm left looking at the scoreboard (coop) and if I hit my console button (~), I get a black screen. The server still shows me in there and "idle". The only option I have is to exit to the main menu and then reconnect to the server. That gets a little tiring at the end of every section of a campaign..
I've had that same problem, the server I was playing on finally updated it's source mod, but I get that issue with some maps. Also has anyone experienced looping 'panic' themes when you are caught by a Hunter or Smoker ? Seems the only way to fix it is going into 'idle' mode as it doesn't fade out or cease once the smoker and hunter have released you.

Is that related to Perkmod or is that a different bug to another mod ?
MacGyver
Old 10-13-2009 , 01:29   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #245

Let me say that I personally love this plugin, think its great, the kind of thing to be expected of left 4 dead 2, top quality plugin!. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to make the plugin silent? Not announce the plugin or show a menu, just use predetermined default settings?

2. Is there a way to make the mod admin-only, or permission based, certain perks allowed to players certain admin flags only such as "z"?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2009 , 13:27   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #246

@MacGyver

Both is possible, and pointless. ^^
MacGyver
Old 10-13-2009 , 13:54   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
@MacGyver

Both is possible, and pointless. ^^
Thanks for the enlightening response.

The reason for my request is that almost every time I start a lobby and connect to my server (which has perkmod on it), someone complains about the perkmod, which results in ragequits etc. I simply want to set the default perks so they are enabled all the time, and cut out the menu/options/announcement. There is the point. If you cannot understand then perhaps someone else could make "the point" clearer to you.

Any other (non-jackass) responses would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by MacGyver; 10-13-2009 at 14:20.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2009 , 15:36   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #248

How magic unannounced abilities (and even more so, on admins only) would prevent people from ragequitting is far, far beyond me. Maybe youre just smarter, ill give you that.

Just as a hint: If you want someone to do a major rewrite of a huge, complex plugin, to fit your very own personal needs, ... id be a lot more humble.

But hey, im a nice guy, ill get you started. Read the Sourcecode and comment out anything with 'PrintToChat' and 'SendPanel'. Commenting out is done by adding "//" infront of a line. Then see if it compiles and BAM its a Zom .... a plugin.
MacGyver
Old 10-13-2009 , 16:24   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
How magic unannounced abilities (and even more so, on admins only) would prevent people from ragequitting is far, far beyond me. Maybe youre just smarter, ill give you that.

Just as a hint: If you want someone to do a major rewrite of a huge, complex plugin, to fit your very own personal needs, ... id be a lot more humble.

But hey, im a nice guy, ill get you started. Read the Sourcecode and comment out anything with 'PrintToChat' and 'SendPanel'. Commenting out is done by adding "//" infront of a line. Then see if it compiles and BAM its a Zom .... a plugin.

My apologies for not being able to clearly state my reasoning. The announcements/menu can be overwhelming to players who are unfamiliar with the mod, therefore removal of it would simplify things and prevent people from leaving because of mod/menu confusion. Thanks for your help though man.

I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO DO A "major rewrite of a huge, complex plugin, to fit my very own personal needs".

My aplogies for the confusion, thanks again for your help though!

Last edited by MacGyver; 10-13-2009 at 16:30.
Edhmelus
Old 10-13-2009 , 19:08   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #250

This addon causes looped music and bugs the whole server with PKT errors. This needs fixes :/

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.