BANNED
Old 04-29-2009 , 19:58   Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #1

Discuss.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:01   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #2

Could be just like the Bird Flu (nothing to hype over).
I love you exolent!
WhightKnight
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:04   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #3

It's ranked at 5 out of 6 (threat level) now by the United Nations Health Committee.
Effected 11/50 states in U.S.
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:06   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYSplayCS View Post
Discuss.
is that an order? well i dont have any swines, and idk know any ho got one..so well. i dont really care.. a mosquito flu would be cool tho, i hate them..
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:06   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #5

they cancelled sports for all high schools in Texas. Im not in high school anymore but if I was I would be completely pissed off. I have plenty of friends that arent happy with it, to go out their senior year without going to regionals for Baseball or Track... I dont think its right. A little over precausious

mosquito flu... its called west nile and they already got it.

Swine flu came from Mexico, went into Texas and Cali because those are the closest most infested places that mexicans like to sneak into and then it spread to New York which isnt good since everyone there are so close together its bound to spread quickly there, eventually it will get under control and a vacine will come out, its in the works right now but wont help for this season of Swine.

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 04-29-2009 at 20:14.
BOYSplayCS
BANNED
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:13   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #6

Recommendations to prevent spread of the virus among humans include using standard infection control against influenza. This includes frequent washing of hands with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizers, especially after being out in public. Vaccines against the H1N1 strain in the 2009 human outbreak are being developed and could be ready as early as June 2009.
Experts agree that hand-washing can help prevent viral infections, a surprisingly effective way to prevent all sorts of diseases, including ordinary influenza and the new swine flu virus. Influenza can spread in coughs or sneezes, but an increasing body of evidence shows little particles of virus can linger on tabletops, telephones and other surfaces and be transferred via the fingers to the mouth, nose or eyes. Alcohol-based gel or foam hand sanitizers work well to destroy viruses and bacteria. Anyone with flu-like symptoms such as a sudden fever, cough or muscle aches should stay away from work or public transportation and should see a doctor to be tested.
Social distancing is another tactic. It means staying away from other people who might be infected and can include avoiding large gatherings, spreading out a little at work, or perhaps staying home and lying low if an infection is spreading in a community.

If you have flu-like symptoms please stay home from school, work or any social gatherings! It may seem small now, but as time progresses it will easily spread quicker from human-to-human.

I myself, am worried. IF there is a reported death in Florida, I am staying home from School and work for at least a week or two. I do not take any chances when it comes to these things.

Attention Moderators: Please do not close/trash this thread. I believe people deserve to receive primary information regarding the Swine Flu.
vivalavida
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:17   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhightKnight View Post
It's ranked at 5 out of 6 (threat level) now by the United Nations Health Committee.
Effected 11/50 states in U.S.
BANNED
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:19   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #8

Vaccines are expected to be out for the Swine Flu in September, 2009! Now, that doesn't seem too safe eh?
bomnacama
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:29   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #9

theres only a suspected case here in portugal. well it was in the morning, dont know by now.

off topic: where did you get that sig vivalavida?

Please FEED MY HAMSTERS by giving me +karma
BOYSplayCS
BANNED
Old 04-29-2009 , 20:32   Re: Swine Flu
Reply With Quote #10

You're lucky, it is rapidly spreading here in the United States. Oddly, it has been reported in 11 states, all of which have international airports and huge tourist attractions.