Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

spiderlemur
Old 08-06-2009 , 18:50   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #51

Bug: Both our finale tanks spawned with 1/4 health, I had double the trouble perk and the other teammate with the first finale tank had run speed. This didn't happen for the other team. We played infected second.

Edit: It was the Dead Air finale.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
tPoncho
Old 08-06-2009 , 19:47   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #52

Ugh, I apologize for this, the more I try to fix stuff the more bugs seem to crop up... Double Trouble's been a little inconsistent since the first update, was hoping it was just bot-related since I test it with infected bots on versus, but seems like I was a bit too hasty to release the next update =/ Might not be able to release the next update until a few days later, need to test stuff a bit more extensively before I release it.

As for the cvar, I totally thought fatigue was supposed to be applied to survivors - and was taken out =P I'll try experimenting with it and see what I can do with it, would be a wicked perk =P
spiderlemur
Old 08-06-2009 , 20:53   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #53

I'm free to test and report things if you want, and you could use my server to debug and stuff if you like, It's a great plugin that I'd like to see work so I'll help you out anyway I can.

Suggestion for Speed Demon: Could you make it so the hunter pounces farther, all it does now with the pouncing is make them weird. Some cvars are: sm_cvar z_lunge_power 900 , sm_cvar z_hunter_speed 550 , sm_cvar z_lunge_power 900

It might be a bit overpowered so maybe it needs it's own perk, but Speed Demon would need a buff to compete with it.

Last edited by spiderlemur; 08-06-2009 at 20:56.
Edhmelus
Old 08-06-2009 , 21:26   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #54

Since the Fix with the HP.. THe HP fix works but new bugs occured

Tanks spawn with 30% HP / 50% HP when taking any perks. They are down within a few seconds. ANd that really spoils the gameplay.

I can only guess but, should have something to do with your fix with the 3K HP.

edit: Also. Adrenal glands doesnot work.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2009 , 03:27   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #55

173 kb of code is huge work. Its hard to kill bugs, and predict what bugs can occure when changing code. Thanx for your work.
Old 08-07-2009 , 03:39   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #56

if you need a server for testing...i'd be glad to help.

Great plugin by the way! Well done!

www.voidagaming.net

just post on the forum if ya need a server for testing.
tPoncho
Old 08-07-2009 , 13:40   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #57

Thanks for the support guys ^^

@ spiderlemur: I may take you up on your offer at some point =P Actually, Speed Demon was originally a perk called Grasshopper that did exactly what you proposed, I even tested it and tweaked it to give around 750 (default is 600 I think), but eventually I found out the big issue I had with it was that the first pounce anyone made, even with the perk, would use the value BEFORE the CVar was adjusted, and then whoever pounced afterward would use the value AFTER the adjustment, again regardless of whether they had the perk or not. It sorta worked, but only if you were the only guy pouncing at the time =P Couldn't figure out how to make it work, only way I could hook a pounce was hooking the ability_use event, and even using a pre-event hook apparently wasn't early enough to make the pounce use the new value. I'm fresh outta ideas on how to pull that one off, although I'd put Grasshopper back in a heartbeat if only I knew how to make it work properly >_____< Speed Demon is... a sort of placeholder until I figure that out, if ever >.<

@ Edhmelus: Yeah, I'm guessing something happened along the way... Pointing blame at Valve tends to just be a lame way of passing blame, but I swear I barely touched Double Trouble other than an extra check for a tank model before modifying health, and then after the Aug. 3 update it suddenly stopped spawning the second tank altogether o_O so I'm really hoping that as more updates come out, more highly inconvenient bugs won't suddenly pop out of nowhere... But yeah, rest assured I'm gonna try to fix these annoying tank bugs, nothing's worse than seeing your game-changer just suddenly turn into a pansy =P

Strange that Adrenal Glands wouldn't work. Maybe the current code that runs on tank spawns needs some reworking, although I also have a sneaking suspicion that the tank_spawn event is being less reliable than I thought... just as tank_death was really unreliable =P I mean, hey, when the tank_spawn event is called, you'd expect that a tank did, indeed, spawn, right? And yet tank code was being called for survivors, hence our 2800+ health survivor bugs =P
spiderlemur
Old 08-07-2009 , 14:06   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #58

Sure, just send me a PM or a message on steam (steam is same as username here) if you need me.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2009 , 16:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #59

You maybe should also reset all Perk related Player Values on Player_Team. Things like the Pyro Perk will most certainly glitch out if you leave the Survivors and return later as another Survivor.
spiderlemur
Old 08-07-2009 , 18:01   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #60

I just went to check if Adrenal Glands works, it doesn't. I spawned a tank using my admin menu and it spawned with 3601 health for some reason.