Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

eminemxw88
Old 08-19-2012 , 11:37   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

i hope VSH servers is fine soon.
i add much more BOSS,but have bugs now,
god bless our server.thanks.
Send a message via MSN to eminemxw88
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 17:13   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

here is my v5 fix and plugin 138 i was ask to post it so i am.

http://tf2goldclaimers.com/cds_v5%20for%20saxtonhale/
Attached Files
File Type: smx saxtonhale.smx (78.5 KB, 162 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saxtonhale.sp - 118 views - 173.6 KB)
DaftMink
Old 08-19-2012 , 18:06   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

RavensBro stop using the naming pattern for FlaminSarge's Christian Brutal Sniper.
If you must "fix" the model change the name so it won't conflict with future official updates.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 19:37   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaftMink View Post
RavensBro stop using the naming pattern for FlaminSarge's Christian Brutal Sniper.
If you must "fix" the model change the name so it won't conflict with future official updates.
doh boy make sure you look at everything that has been said! it wont his is going to be v4 mine is v5 so bite me
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 19:39   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

DaftMink, Please let’s not start this again.. cbs_v4 is reserved for FlaminSarge
I suggested he use something with his name in it, but he released v5 for freak fortress and observed that v4 was reserved for Sarge and the official release here. Once this nightmare is over from the huge mess the MvM made, we hopefully will not ever have to travel down this road again.
I do think it is a good convention to have a very unique name that perhaps even reflects the author in some way, be it a map or a model. For example, if I did a cbs model, I perhaps should name it bbg_cbs.mdl, but there has not been official guidelines set up for naming conventions
I do agree with ya DaftMink, but no real harm done as he did observe that v4 is official future hale and no profit in making more waves in the pond
Moving forward I think we need to have some naming convention separation between FF2 and VSH
so they do not share the same files. Perhaps "official" hale bosses could have vsh_cbs_vX and FF2 could have ff2_cbs_vX and not have the two worlds intermix with official files (as an example for this boss)
It probably would be a good idea for modelers ( and map makers ) to have a unique identifier in the model or map name that reflects the author, however I am also guilty of this as I have made a vsh_2fort and other maps where if I was to do a model or map I should do something like bbg_cbs_v1.mdl or vsh_2fort_bbg.bsp in the example of the map.

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 08-19-2012 at 19:59.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-19-2012 , 19:58   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
DaftMink, Please let’s not start this again.. cbs_v4 is reserved for FlaminSarge
I suggested he use something with his name in it, but he released v5 for freak fortress and observed that v4 was reserved for Sarge and the official release here. Once this nightmare is over from the huge mess the MvM made, we hopefully will not ever have to travel down this road again.
I do think it is a good convention to have a very unique name that perhaps even reflects the author in some way, be it a map or a model. For example, if I did a cbs model, I perhaps should name it bbg_cbs.mdl, but there has not been official guidelines set up for naming conventions
I do agree with ya DaftMink, but no real harm done as he did observe that v4 is official future hale and no profit in making more waves in the pond
Moving forward I think we need to have some naming convention separation between FF2 and VSH
so they do not share the same files. Perhaps "official" hale bosses could have vsh_cbs_vX and FF2 could have ff2_cbs_vX and not have the two worlds intermix with official files
It probably would be a good idea for modelers ( and map makers ) to have a unique identifier in the model or map name that reflects the author, however I am also guilty of this as I have made a vsh_2fort and other maps where if I was to do a model or map I should do something like bbg_cbs_v1.mdl or vsh_2fort_bbg.bsp in the example of the map.
Except that the models for the default bosses, such as CBS, are going to be identical for VSH and FF2.
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 20:38   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

sure I understand it is the same model, and the filename is of course the head chef's choice (this case being power for FF2 and sarge for vsh)
just saying that we probably need some naming convention rules and the community needs to understand that file confussion is a problem we dont need to create ourselves, as Valve gives us enough work as is
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-19-2012 , 23:53   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Starpaw View Post
words
I think you missed the point completely.
Old 08-20-2012 , 00:49   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Well I don't want to continue this arguement any further, but I can say that without RavensBro's help I would be up the creek without a paddle.

I value all the work done by everyone here at Allied Modders and feel that this dissention has been caused by Valve. RavensBro has just been trying to assist people like most of the other people here who generously give up their time and ideas to improve things.

Now I don't know squat about most of this stuff, but I contribute financially by donations and that at least helps I hope. I just wish that this would all die down and we could all get back to giving each other a hand.

I would also like to thank Flamin Sarge for all the effort that he has put into this as well.
Let's also not forget Asherkin who works tirelessly behind the scene and fixes things that most of us are unaware of.
Back to RavensBro. He has selflessly given his time and work to aid myself and my servers, which by the way are working fine and error free.

Anyway that's my say on this. To finish off. THANK YOU ALLIED MODDERS!
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2012 , 21:27   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

The key thing to pull away from this is that if you're fixing a model or creating a new one, you ought to use a file name that is unique, one that is unused publicly.
v5 accomplishes this.

Yay.

Also, what's up with 1.39? I need to know what's wrong with it and why people are using 1.38 so I can fix the stuff. That means I do need people to run 1.39 and let me know what's wrong instead of just running 1.38...

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-20-2012 at 21:28.
Closed Thread