Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

server binds key for player

Post New Thread Reply   

codydbgt
Old 11-07-2010 , 17:31   server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #1

i some help i dont have any references (could post some for me) on the api on source mod and just want to make a plugin where when the player enters the game it will bind a key for them so they don't have to.

all i need to know is the on_event() wich event is the entered game event is it just on_enteredgame() or what.

when a player enters the game it will send a console command as if it were typed in for them. e.g bind v "build 2"
but if u could just post some references so learning is easier and or an example of what i want

EDIT 11/8/2010 : I'm not new to programing or c++ (not an expert ether) but I am new to the sourcemod API so could u give me some functions i can mess around with. i want to know if theres a way to detect when the player enters the game and then spawns for the first time. Also how do you know what player to send a client executing command to when someone types !bind into chat.

Last edited by codydbgt; 11-08-2010 at 20:52.
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2010 , 17:40   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #2

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=140994
codydbgt
Old 11-07-2010 , 17:49   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #3

so i know that command but i need it to send it to them when they connect so they dont have to do any thing and do i need to get the players id for ClientCommand
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-07-2010 , 19:07   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #4

Please let them have a choice, I'm sick of servers re-binding my keys without permission.
Old 11-07-2010 , 19:30   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #5

Apparently FaTony doesn't know what he is talking about then, I just asked that same question a couple days ago.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=141813

Thanks for the correct answer. It is important to my plugin
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-07-2010 , 21:31   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
Apparently FaTony doesn't know what he is talking about then, I just asked that same question a couple days ago.

You can only rebind on l4d, l4d2, and the current version of zps (fixed already for future versions).

Re-bind keys without permission (asking) is indeed a 'bitch-move'. Please don't do it.
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2010 , 21:35   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post

Fixed.
Old 11-08-2010 , 20:04   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #8

no you guys don't seem to understand every one who joins my server don't know shit about the console and u to bind all the building commands to a key and the +throw command to a key too but i just use v,b,n,m as sentry dispenser and teleporters and f as the throw and grab for the sentry grabber. so i think none of these keys are being used. I know if I make a custom admin menu I can set it to send the bind key to the player and then its done but umm i just need a way to either making it so when they join the game it sends the commands to there console. or they can just type !bind in to the console and it will bind all the keys they need to use. any one got any examples.

and thanks for the support so fare.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-08-2010 , 20:07   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydbgt View Post
no you guys don't seem to understand every one who joins my server don't know shit about the console and u to bind all the building commands to a key and the +throw command to a key too but i just use v,b,n,m as sentry dispenser and teleporters and f as the throw and grab for the sentry grabber. so i think none of these keys are being used. I know if I make a custom admin menu I can set it to send the bind key to the player and then its done but umm i just need a way to either making it so when they join the game it sends the commands to there console. or they can just type !bind in to the console and it will bind all the keys they need to use. any one got any examples.

and thanks for the support so fare.
Oh good, at least you're talking about TF2, which it's not possible to bind client keys in.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 11-08-2010 , 20:20   Re: server binds key for player
Reply With Quote #10

Which is why you create !bind and you give the clients all the information they need to bind keys, as well as any relevant information you deem necessary. It's abusive behavior and luckily it's fixed in OB.