Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ALL] Karaoke

Post New Thread Reply   

guh
Old 09-15-2009 , 19:15   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #31

For some reason I can only get one song working. I made sure the .lrc and mp3 are titled the same. Any ideas?
Theme97
Old 09-15-2009 , 22:17   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #32

Trying to get someone to test some of the stuff I've added to Karaoke but if I can't find anyone by tomorrow then I'll just post it here for testing before changing the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guh View Post
Stupid question I suppose theres no easy way to generate the .lrc besides doing it all by hand?
There are probably programs out there to help with timing the .lrc files but I've been doing them by hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
It might, I'm not sure. I know it's happening with offsets less than that, too (like, 0 sec).
Oh well, the error should not be in the new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmoe View Post
It needs a stop button
/kstop is in the next update.

Quote:
For some reason I can only get one song working. I made sure the .lrc and mp3 are titled the same. Any ideas?
What exactly is the problem? Is there only one song in the menu or are other songs choosable but only one of them actually plays sound?

For the former, check error logs for problems with reading the .lrc. For the latter, try manually going to
Code:
http://myip/karaoke/play.php?v=100&s=<song filename without .mp3>
in Internet Explorer and seeing if the song plays.

[ALL] Karaoke
[TF2] Intel Timer | Crabmod | Randomizer | Stopwatch | Crits 4 All
guh
Old 09-16-2009 , 06:36   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
What exactly is the problem? Is there only one song in the menu or are other songs choosable but only one of them actually plays sound?

For the former, check error logs for problems with reading the .lrc. For the latter, try manually going to
Code:
http://myip/karaoke/play.php?v=100&s=<song filename without .mp3>
in Internet Explorer and seeing if the song plays.
There are other songs choosable in the menu but only one plays sound. I browsed to the web directory like you asked and behold it only list the one song that plays. But when I browse to that same directory through using terminal on the apache server it list the other songs. I guess this is an apache problem I have to figure out.
guh
Old 09-16-2009 , 15:15   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
There are other songs choosable in the menu but only one plays sound. I browsed to the web directory like you asked and behold it only list the one song that plays. But when I browse to that same directory through using terminal on the apache server it list the other songs. I guess this is an apache problem I have to figure out.

I think I got it I changed file permissions and turned off selinux. I noticed one thing once I got the songs playing. When I excute /karaoke command I hear the song very faintly playing in the background as the timer counts down from 20. Once the timer hits 0 the song restarts and plays with lyrics.
-guh
Billiam
Old 09-16-2009 , 16:34   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #35

Don't know enough about pawn scripting to do a good job, but thought I'd post the changes I'm currently using.

Disabled the 20 and 10 second time messages, turned the pre-karaoke volume down to 1, and changed the format for the offset tag from
[of:seconds]
to
[offset:milliseconds]
to match .lrc files I've downloaded.

http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?diff=m6fb87fc8
Theme97
Old 09-16-2009 , 20:43   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
I think I got it I changed file permissions and turned off selinux. I noticed one thing once I got the songs playing. When I excute /karaoke command I hear the song very faintly playing in the background as the timer counts down from 20. Once the timer hits 0 the song restarts and plays with lyrics.
Glad to hear that.

Hearing it before the countdown is over is just a side-effect of my precache method. Billiam's edits below have made it less audible.

Quote:
Disabled the 20 and 10 second time messages, turned the pre-karaoke volume down to 1, and changed the format for the offset tag from
[of:seconds]
to
[offset:milliseconds]
to match .lrc files I've downloaded.
I'm probably going to keep the current method of announcing at 20 and 10, since there isn't really a problem with it and it is editable anyway.

I will keep your precache volume, since it may have just been a placebo effect.

The new offset algorithm confuses me. It makes more sense for the offset to be added to all the times instead of subtracted, and I have no idea where the 0.75 comes from. The lyrics are supposed to display a little earlier than they occur in the song so that people can better prepare for the next line, so you should not be compensating for that.

Going to add precache volume and millisecond offsets as well as mid-song /vol changing tonight.

[ALL] Karaoke
Billiam
Old 09-17-2009 , 00:55   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theme97 View Post
Glad to hear that.
The new offset algorithm confuses me. It makes more sense for the offset to be added to all the times instead of subtracted, and I have no idea where the 0.75 comes from.
Fair enough. It seemed to me the overall sync was a little better with that .75, I'm not recommending it for inclusion.

The offset thing, though, I am. Not because it makes more sense for the mod, but because that format for the offset seems to be the standard way to handle an offset in an .lrc file.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_%28file_format%29
Theme97
Old 09-17-2009 , 21:58   Re: [TF2] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
The offset thing, though, I am. Not because it makes more sense for the mod, but because that format for the offset seems to be the standard way to handle an offset in an .lrc file.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_%28file_format%29
Yeah, I checked Wiki too, but the wording was rather vague.

[offset:+/- Overall timestamp adjustment in milliseconds, + shifts time up, - shifts down]

To me, time is simply a numeric value, so shifting time "up" means adding to it. This way, you'll end up adjusting the timestamps by what you put and not the reverse of what you put; that is, you'd adjust by -500ms because you put [offset:-500] instead of [offset:500].

However, after many failed attempts to get a working .lrc player from Wiki's links, I got MiniLyrics to successfully load a test song and can verify that offset is indeed subtracted, so I will incorporate this and make note of it in the OP. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'll also add an extra 0.5 to the lyrics and see what the responses (if any) are.

Currently working on sorting by album, artist, and title for people with massive song libraries, so this update is taking a little longer than I thought.

[ALL] Karaoke
Theme97
Old 09-17-2009 , 23:27   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #39

Update posted so that you guys won't have to wait while I struggle with sorting the songs.

Got someone to test most of it, but there have been quite a few changes since that test so I'll need help debugging once again.

play.php were updated as well, so you'll need to get a new copy of that too.

[ALL] Karaoke
Theme97
Old 09-20-2009 , 02:19   Re: [ALL] Karaoke
Reply With Quote #40

Fixed a gigantic bug where Karaoke wouldn't play songs, so I'm sorry to the dozen that downloaded it. Was hoping at least one of you would mention it here.

Also added sorting, but I'm pretty sure that's broken as well and needs testing. Oh well, at least Karaoke actually works now.

[ALL] Karaoke