Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing

Post New Thread Reply   

Billiam
Old 06-16-2009 , 15:09   [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #1

We have a clan server that's open to the public all the time, but we'd like to auto-record demos (tv_enable 1;tv_autorecord 1;) only when our members (by admin flag) are either in game or spectating.

Ideally, the plugin would begin recording when a member joined (if it isn't recording already) and stop recording either at mapchange or end-of-round if there are no members online.

Does that make sense?

[Edit]Seem to have been able to cobble something together. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Billiam; 06-17-2009 at 02:30.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-16-2009 , 17:01   Re: [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #2

You want to record only when a specific player is joined? That sounds easy, if only I was good at sourcemod. I would say just make a plugin where if someone with that flag joins, change tv_autorecord to 1.
Billiam
Old 06-16-2009 , 17:11   Re: [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
You want to record only when a specific player is joined?
When anybody with a certain flag joins, and only if it's not recording already, obviously.

Quote:
if only I was good at sourcemod.
I'm in the same boat.

Quote:
I would say just make a plugin where if someone with that flag joins, change tv_autorecord to 1.
That's basically what I'm looking for. I don't think autorecord will work (think it doesn't trigger recording till next map or something). And again, the recording needs to stop at the end of the round (ex: 3rd flag cap in CTF, not map change) if there aren't any players with the flag on any more.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-17-2009 , 04:14   Re: [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #4

Hm... that last part you said about autorecord may make this difficult. Maybe have it enabled but the plugin makes it not record until someone joins? I don't know, if only I did know.
rahmie
Old 06-18-2009 , 21:31   Re: [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #5

Auto Recorder
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=824438

I'm using this plugin. It have not automatic start by admin flag joining, but admin can start recording manually.

Billiam
Old 06-19-2009 , 02:04   Re: [REQ] TF2: demo autorecord only when certain users playing
Reply With Quote #6

(didn't want to bump the thread before, but)
I managed to cobble together the plugin I wanted from the auto recorder plugin above and Rothgar's AFK manager. It's not great, but functional