Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Immunity Reserve Slots (2.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkFlaw
Old 05-29-2009 , 16:51   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #31

Hmm I still get the error after coping the scripting folder from cbaseserver, and the auto compiler in OP says "Plugin failed to compile! Please try contacting the author." when I try to download it.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2009 , 18:57   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #32

OH, never mind, it does for me does the OP too, probably because of having the plugin already compiled cached. Anyway, I downloaded it and compiled fine, what version of the compiler are you using? It seems it's failing on line 1 for you which is WEIRD, what's your OS? Try removing the comments and see if it compiles. I can assure you that the .smx in the original post is A-OK though.

Wonder if it's because I am using np++

edit: AHA, I get the same error if I save the file as UTF-8 in np++, it needs to be ANSI, something must be going wrong when you download and save it?

Last edited by Jamster; 05-29-2009 at 19:07.
disconnect81
Old 05-30-2009 , 19:33   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #33

I have this set up working on my server, at 32/33 the server is full and people with reserved slots are still able to join which is great!

I had one question / request, is it possible to make the 33rd slot hidden while maintaining the functionality? The reason I ask, it would be nice if people who dont have reserved slots could still use the "join server when a slot becomes available" feature. As long as it's full at 32/33, this is not possible.

**EDIT**

I tried setting "sv_visiblemaxplayers 32" in the server.cfg and restarting, this didnt seem to change anything.

Thanks,

Disconnect

Last edited by disconnect81; 05-30-2009 at 20:29. Reason: sv_visiblemaxplayers attempt
creativemapping
Old 05-30-2009 , 19:42   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #34

Ok let me get this strait. I'm running a 33 slot server.I like the different size of the teams as in I'm a believer that one man can make difference.

I got the oil plugin installed and put the maxvisibleplayers on 33. Could I when the server is full on 33 still join?

cheers

[IMG]http://img132.**************/img132/4765/sigfl4.png[/IMG]
Send a message via MSN to creativemapping
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2009 , 20:57   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #35

@disconnect81: This plugin is for the CBaseServer Tools extension so the requisite of that is you don't even need an open slot. Instead people need to manually connect when the server is full (read the original post about this). I should imagine what you want will work though just by turning off the visible maxplayers cvar and setting the server size to the size you want.

@creativemapping: yes, I think that should work fine, as long as oil makes sourcemod report the proper MaxClients and maximum possible players (which I cannot imagine it NOT).

edit: also, posted update, just enables you to "simply" log connecting and kicked players when someone is kicked for a res slot.

Last edited by Jamster; 05-30-2009 at 21:29.
Billiam
Old 06-02-2009 , 16:19   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #36

Is there any chance you could add an AFK check?
I'd like to kick spectators first, then anybody that's been afk for, say, 3 minutes, and only then kick by playing time or ping.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 06-02-2009 , 16:44   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #37

I cannot see a reason to really have an AFK check when other plugins will already kick players if they're idle, which is what you want on a server. The plugin already kicks spectators first anyway, that's a simple check that was in pRED's version too.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2009 , 13:49   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #38

Posted a small update, just a cvar to control whether specs get kicked first or not (default is enabled).
ddr100
Old 06-05-2009 , 21:27   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #39

I think I figured it out instead of having "donatornaehere"
{
"auth" "steam"
"identity" "STEAM_0:0:000000"
"immunity" "99" I simply change the "immunity" "99" to "flags" "a" found it in the admin_levels.cfg
Thanks after reading your response that pointed me in right direction
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi
I got this in and everything works perfect, but I am confused on 1 thing.
My admins can get in fine when the server is full, I assume this plugin draws its info from
/orangebox/tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/admins.cfg correct ?

if this is so how do i make it so I can have someone connect that is NOT an admin, but has given me a donation, so I could offer reserved slots for donators.

I added a user and set his immunity level high but it did not work, so I am not sure what to do.

Here is a sample of what I have in my admins config, I removed there real names and steam ID's and understand the name and steam id has to be exact on server.

"anadmin"
{
"auth" "steam"
"identity" "STEAM_0:0:0000000"
"flags" "z"
}
"donatornaehere"
{
"auth" "steam"
"identity" "STEAM_0:0:000000"
"immunity" "99"
}

Last edited by ddr100; 06-06-2009 at 10:28.
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2009 , 21:53   Re: Immunity Reserve Slots
Reply With Quote #40

They need a res slot to connect and kick someone with lower immunity. If you give them high immunity and no res they can stay connected if they are on the server before it's full and if someone tries to connect with res and lower immunity than them. It's a balance thing and it depends on how you want your slots to work really. It's no sweat giving someone res though, they don't really gain any extra powers.

edit: if people really want it I can add a cvar to toggle whether people can connect or not if they DON'T have res but warning this might add to log spam with your users trying connecting all the time when the server is full

Last edited by Jamster; 06-05-2009 at 21:57.