Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Need help with installation to TF2

Post New Thread Reply   

Gamemaster1379
Old 10-26-2010 , 00:14   Need help with installation to TF2
Reply With Quote #1

For some odd reason, I'm having issue installing Metamod into my Team Fortress 2 game for use on a listen server. I have absolutely NO idea what is wrong with it, and have redownloaded the files many times and have run through the installation at least 13 to 14 times. I am simply lost as to what the problem is.

My routine consists of the following:
I download mmsource-1.8.3-windows.zip and extract it per instructions to the tf folder. This gives me tf/addons/metamod.I then generate the metamod.vdf file and place it within the tf/addons folder, giving addons the "metamod" folder and the "metamod.vdf". I generated the vdf per website instruction, dropping down to the "Team Fortress" instruction. I am certain the file is not incorrect, as I opened the vdf file in notepad++ and am returned with

Code:
"Plugin"
{
    "file"    "../tf/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
No, I have not modified this file, and yes, I've tried several versions. I assumed this file to be correct because of it pointing to an existing directory and file contained within.

After having done all this, I start Team Fortress 2, and attempt a "meta list" or simply "meta" command. Team Fortress 2 does not recognize anything. This is attempted in both the main startup screen and after starting a local host server. Still no results.

Additionally, sourcemod also returns absolutely no commands upon following instructed installation guidelines as well. I understand this isn't the appropriate forum, but it's best to get it out of the way in one shot rather than two. I assume it to be issue with metamod not working since it's a third-party extension--or perhaps I'm blundering consistently on both installations and this needs to be corrected.
Gamemaster1379
Old 10-26-2010 , 22:02   Re: Need help with installation to TF2
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you much for that. Thankfully I have the dedicated server already downloaded and attempted a MM install on it too. It appears to be working--but now I can't get achievement weapons to show up. Damn.