Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Weapon Throwing

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
shine771
Old 08-07-2009 , 13:08   Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #1

Weapon Throwing
[1.0.0]

- Description -

There are situations when in the middle of a battle you run out of ammo. You're relying on your secondary weapon. But what if there's no ammo for your secondary weapon? I've always felt that counter-strike was missing a feature to throw weapons. I can bet that i am not the only one. Sometimes knife can't save you. For example a 100m2(10m x 10m) room without furniture. One player stands in a door, but the other one stands in a door opposite the first player. The second player has an ak47, but the first one is out of ammo, but has a usp and a m4a1. You can't knife your opponent that's 10meters away. You can try to run away, but you'll most likely fail. This plugin allows you to throw weapons and kill players with them. Weapons are rotating in air with a random speed and angle. It detects headshots and non-headshots. You can throw weapons holding E and pressing G, by default, but that's changeable with cvars. See below.

- Cvars -
Quote:
amx_wp_base_damage < "## ##" > < Base min and max damage. > < Default: "20 40" >

amx_wp_headshot_multi
< #.# > < Headshot multiplier. Float. > < Default: 3.0 >

amx_wp_throw_c4 < 0 / 1 > < If 0, you can't throw C4. > < Default: 0 >
amx_wp_use_e < 0 / 1 > < If 0, you have don't have to hold E to throw weapons, you'll be able to throw them by pressing only the G(drop) key. < Default: 1 >
amx_wp_throw_type < 0 / 1 / 2 > < If 0, you'll throw all weapons flat, but they still will rotate. If 1, you'll throw all weapons vertical. If 2, plugin will choose a random type between 0 and 1 every time you throw a weapon.
amx_wp_use_for_damage < 0 / 1 > < If 1, damage will be calculated using the weapon weight table. For example, you'll get more damage with awp than with usp. > < Default: 1 >
amx_wp_base_throw_speed < #### > < Weapon base throw speed. > < Default: 1000 >
amx_wp_use_for_throw_speed < 0 / 1 > < If 1, throw speed will be calculated using the weapon weight table. > < Default: 1 >
- Media -

Example Video

- Notes -

Modification is Counter-Strike because it uses a Weight table for cs weapons. Turning both cvars that use the weight table should make this work for hl and all its mods.
Cvar changes will only take effect at the next round.

- Change Log -
Code:
* Initial Release
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (throw_weapons.sma - 8919 views - 12.3 KB)

Last edited by shine771; 08-07-2009 at 16:25.
KadiR
Unnecessary Member
Old 08-07-2009 , 13:17   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #2

cool idea

just tested, works perfectly and is for sure funny

Last edited by KadiR; 08-07-2009 at 13:42.
crazyeffect
Veteran Member
Old 08-07-2009 , 13:46   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #3

GJ!
Old 08-07-2009 , 17:53   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #4

nice!gj!
lol

C4man with fun

Sniper Skill bonus
-------------------------
Sorry for my poor English!
dLx
Old 08-07-2009 , 18:46   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #5

How long can you throw it ?

great idea though ;)
shine771
Old 08-07-2009 , 19:32   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #6

@dLx - Depends on the weapon and on cvars. You can make it so you can throw it over any map. Look at the example video.

Everyone says that i have good ideas.. even if they aren't so good. People like to see something new. Most of the plugins here, at the "new plugin submissions" subforum are just remakes(in a manner) of already made plugins. I'm not talking about bug fixes and stuff like that. Afaik, people like unique ideas, so i try to provide them, even if i am not a good scripter. I'm not telling my ideas are great and your ideas are just a piece of shit. I'm not an egoist, not even close. I'm in a mood to write some shit, so i hope you had fun reading it.

No offense, but what's all about that new silent hill mod? Isn't it the same as those 100 already made zombie, predator and other monsters vs. humans mods? Ok, some minor things you can get from other plugins. The first line in the "description" made me wonder. What's the completely new gameplay? The description is great, i didn't even understand what do you have to do in that mod? From the screens i understand that you have to kill some sort of zombies? Ok ok, i know i had to write that there, but that would be pure spam so, i wrote it here.

Last edited by shine771; 08-07-2009 at 21:10.
lowled
Old 08-07-2009 , 21:39   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #7

hi !!

very nice idea !!!!

Is it possible to include the throwing knife pluging "http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=19610 " but becarful the original sma has a BIG bug when 2 knife enter in contact the server crash, it will be a nice way to update this fantatike plug and include it into yours

sorry for my english

and why not add if you are motivate, including a top15 for throwing weapon: wich weapon, number of kill, total dmg and lot other stuffs

Last edited by lowled; 08-07-2009 at 21:42.
Alucard^
AMXX Moderator: Others
Old 08-07-2009 , 21:55   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine771 View Post
@dLx - Depends on the weapon and on cvars. You can make it so you can throw it over any map. Look at the example video.

Everyone says that i have good ideas.. even if they aren't so good. People like to see something new. Most of the plugins here, at the "new plugin submissions" subforum are just remakes(in a manner) of already made plugins. I'm not talking about bug fixes and stuff like that. Afaik, people like unique ideas, so i try to provide them, even if i am not a good scripter. I'm not telling my ideas are great and your ideas are just a piece of shit. I'm not an egoist, not even close. I'm in a mood to write some shit, so i hope you had fun reading it.

No offense, but what's all about that new silent hill mod? Isn't it the same as those 100 already made zombie, predator and other monsters vs. humans mods? Ok, some minor things you can get from other plugins. The first line in the "description" made me wonder. What's the completely new gameplay? The description is great, i didn't even understand what do you have to do in that mod? From the screens i understand that you have to kill some sort of zombies? Ok ok, i know i had to write that there, but that would be pure spam so, i wrote it here.
Yes, its true... the silent hill mode is rly similar as the others zombie mods.... with other models ><

I have a lot of good and news idea too... my problem is that i am very new at the scripting so i have limits to code a good plugin... but well.. i have to learn =p

Oh, and rly cool plugin... i like how the weapon fly in the air

Public non-terminated projects:
All Admins Menu, HLTV parameters, Subnick,
Second Password (cool style), InfoZone,
Binary C4 plant/defuse, and more...

Private projects:
NoSpec (+menu), NV Surf Management,
PM Adanved System, KZ longjump2, and more...
Send a message via Skype™ to Alucard^
shine771
Old 08-07-2009 , 21:56   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #9

I'll add the knife throwing when i will make a knife model, not that cs 1.5 like model, like throwing knives plugin.

EDIT: Alucard, about that silent hill mod. I just don't see why everyone is so amazed about it, really, no offense to the author. It's a really great plugin.

Maybe i forgot to mention. You can drop weapons normaly, without holding the Use key and it's a good way to pass weapons to other teammates if they're far from you. You can even use this only for fun. Gather up some friends and make a weapon throwing fight. Dodge ball with AWP? The thing i am trying to say that this plugin has unlimited uses.

Last edited by shine771; 08-07-2009 at 22:05.
lowled
Old 08-08-2009 , 11:57   Re: Weapon Throwing
Reply With Quote #10

ok we ll see that original cvar was great for throwing knife and the king of aiming too thx to keep it

thanks !!

Last edited by lowled; 08-08-2009 at 12:04.