Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Gimme (v1.20 - 03 May 2023)

Post New Thread Reply   

NanoAi
Old 01-02-2023 , 21:17   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #41

Would be nice if we were able to switch between the styles introduced in... https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Styles
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2023 , 19:12   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoAi View Post
Would be nice if we were able to switch between the styles introduced in... https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Styles
You can do that with the '[TF2] Classy' plugin. Here's a link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=341139
RadFox
Old 01-10-2023 , 00:37   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #43

I made an account on this website to ask this haha.

So I have no idea what I'm doing when setting up plugins and servers like this to preface this. I set up the plugin, and everything is working, but when I do "!gimme" in the chat it says I don't have permission to use it. How do I make it so everyone who joins the server can use the command?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2023 , 02:22   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadFox View Post
when I do "!gimme" in the chat it says I don't have permission to use it. How do I make it so everyone who joins the server can use the command?
Welcome to the Forums!

The default access level for most of the commands in this plugin is an Administrator with access to the 'SLAY' command (admin flag 'f'). Server owners can change the access level for any command by overriding command access. Here's a link that explains the process: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Overridi...ss_(Sourcemod)

You can override the command access by editing the /addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg file. For example, to make anyone able to use the !gimme, !gimmep, and !resetp commands you would add these entries into your admin_overrides.cfg file:
PHP Code:
Overrides
{

"sm_gimme"    ""    
    "sm_gimmep"    ""    
    "sm_resetp"    ""    

The lack of a flag in the double quotes means anybody can use the command. When you are finished editing and saving the file you can type this in the server console to reload access levels:
PHP Code:
sm_reloadadmins 
I hope this helps. If not then let me know.
RadFox
Old 01-10-2023 , 10:35   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Welcome to the Forums!

The default access level for most of the commands in this plugin is an Administrator with access to the 'SLAY' command (admin flag 'f'). Server owners can change the access level for any command by overriding command access. Here's a link that explains the process: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Overridi...ss_(Sourcemod)

You can override the command access by editing the /addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg file. For example, to make anyone able to use the !gimme, !gimmep, and !resetp commands you would add these entries into your admin_overrides.cfg file:
PHP Code:
Overrides
{

"sm_gimme"    ""    
    "sm_gimmep"    ""    
    "sm_resetp"    ""    

The lack of a flag in the double quotes means anybody can use the command. When you are finished editing and saving the file you can type this in the server console to reload access levels:
PHP Code:
sm_reloadadmins 
I hope this helps. If not then let me know.
Yeah this all seems to work now, thank you so much!
Ronas963
Old 01-27-2023 , 06:33   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #46

it can give weapon Valve rocket launcher like Robin Walker items?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2023 , 18:21   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.16 12 Sept 2022)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronas963 View Post
it can give weapon Valve rocket launcher like Robin Walker items?
Not specifically. However, you can create custom weapons with crazy attributes and decide if regular players can use !gimme to get the weapon, or if it requires an Admin to give the item to the player.

To do that simply create a text file in your /addons/sourcemod/configs/ directory called 'tf2items.givecustom.txt'

The plugin looks for this file whenever the plugin is loaded. That file should contain any custom items (weapons and cosmetics) that you want available in game. You can modify those items with whatever attributes you want.

Example tf2items.givecustom.txt file:
PHP Code:
"custom_give_weapons_vlolz"
{

"40001" //Mann Co Hat with random unusual effect

{

"classname"        "tf_wearable"
        "index"        "261"
        "slot"        "8"
        "quality"        "6"
        "level"        "29"
        "attribs"        "134 ; 999.0"
        "ammo"        "-1"

}

"50001"  //Super Overpowered Warhawk Rocketlauncher Factory New

{

"classname"        "tf_weapon_rocketlauncher"
        "index"        "15150"
        "slot"        "0"
        "quality"        "5"
        "level"        "9001"
        "attribs"        "134 ; 702.0 ; 2 ; 80.0 ; 6 ; 0.1 ; 4 ; 6.0 ; 57 ; 30.0 ; 318 ; 0.1 ; 851 ; 6.0 ; 326 ; 3.0 ; 99 ; 10 ; 1007 ; 1.0 ; 181 ; 2.0 ; 275 ; 1.0 ; 385 ; 82"
        "ammo"        "200"

}

In the above example there are two custom items, a hat and a rocketlauncher. The hat has an index number of 40001 and will look like index number 261 which is a Mann Co. Hat. The rocketlauncher has an index number of 50001 and will look like index number 15150 which is a Warhawk skinned rocketlauncher.

When creating items you should create item index numbers above 40000 to prevent conflicts with existing in-game item numbers. Item index numbers above 50000 require an Admin to use the command !giveitem <target> <item index number> to give the item to a player.

In our example above players can give themselves the hat because it has an item index number less than 50000. Players will not be able to give themselves the rocketlauncher because it has a number higher than 50000. To give the rocketlauncher to the player named Johnny an Admin would have to type: !giveitem johnny 50001
The rocketlauncher will be lost when the player dies or touches a locker unless the command !giveitemp johnny 50001 is used. In that case the player will keep the item until map end.

Players can give themselves the hat with the command !gimme 40001. The hat will be removed on death or touching a locker unless the player uses the command: !gimmep 40001 which will give the player the hat until map end.

Of course none of this will work unless you create the file named tf2items.givecustom.txt and put it in your /configs/ directory.

Public Safety Announcement: Use caution when creating custom weapons. They will very likely upset the balance of the game. For example, the rocketlauncher above has stats too extreme for public use (see attached image).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tf2rocketlauncher.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	199304  

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-27-2023 at 18:58.
Ronas963
Old 01-31-2023 , 06:54   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.17 27 Jan 2023)
Reply With Quote #48

Nice I gonna make it. But it can find sm_gimme give saxxy gold melee what nummer?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2023 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.17 27 Jan 2023)
Reply With Quote #49

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.17. This version ensures !gimmep no longer removes equipped cosmetics when touching locker. I have no idea why I originally made that a 'feature'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronas963 View Post
Nice I gonna make it. But it can find sm_gimme give saxxy gold melee what nummer?
If you are asking what Item Definition Index number the weapon 'Saxxy' is, the answer is: 423
So to give yourself the Saxxy weapon you would type: !gimme 423

A better question would have been: "How do I find Item Definition Index Numbers?"

Valve frequently adds new content to the game and each new cosmetic item or weapon has a unique index number. Finding the index number is a bit tricky. Here's how I do it:

1. My favorite source because I like the way it is organized. Unfortunately it is very outdated and won't have any new items listed. Link: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_For...nition_Indexes

2. A good source because it has pictures of the items. Hasn't been updated in a while. Link: http://www.tf2tools.net/utilities/schema

3. A great source since it is updated frequently. It's the most current list I could find. Link: https://csrd.science/misc/econ-tf/items.html

4. If you're feeling brave you can search for new index numbers your own game files after a recent TF2 update. Use a good text editor like notepad++ to view the file labeled 'items_games.txt' located in your \steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\scripts\items directory.

I hope this helps...
Goldenwater
Old 02-07-2023 , 20:40   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.17 27 Jan 2023)
Reply With Quote #50

Is there a way for the chat message to not show when an item is given? im trying to use it to give everyone on a server a set of weapons and it is filling up the chat even when i got rid of all of the printtochat commands