Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AMX STYLE MENU

Post New Thread Reply   

ztaky
Old 06-06-2005 , 12:05  
Reply With Quote #31

We are using StatsmeMinimum-Plugin 1.0.0.29, Roger Devil. That has AMX pop-ups for damage stats with a good hitbox loggong, amx msg can be switched on/off.

As it has some problems with other menus (Mani, buyscripts). so we do not use the AMX interface.
For me the chat area stats (I think Mani did this) just enough.

Send a message via MSN to ztaky
Eric_Jedi
Old 06-06-2005 , 12:16  
Reply With Quote #32

yes but what we are trying to do, for example, the trivia, is to avoid spam. Human nature = spam when they dont know the answer, hoping to find it. But it drives people nuts lol .
cosmicspot
Old 06-06-2005 , 13:19  
Reply With Quote #33

I agree about the spam. Just having the chat area cluttered up and constantly moving is already annoying.

I ended up changing the Killeath reward code from ma_givecash to NemoD's nm_cash (don't remember the exact cvar) and that got rid of the "(CONSOLE): Player adjusted cash reserve" message that would pop up everytime somebody died.
ztaky
Old 06-07-2005 , 03:58  
Reply With Quote #34

I agree... But The popup window disturbed more, than the chat messages. Anyway, does anyone knows a command to "switch on-off" the chat area, like "echo off"?

Send a message via MSN to ztaky
MaxXx
Old 06-07-2005 , 06:46  
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaky
We are using StatsmeMinimum-Plugin 1.0.0.29, Roger Devil. That has AMX pop-ups for damage stats with a good hitbox loggong, amx msg can be switched on/off.

As it has some problems with other menus (Mani, buyscripts). so we do not use the AMX interface.
For me the chat area stats (I think Mani did this) just enough.
Can you give me a link to StatsmeMinimum-Plugin?
Mani
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2005 , 07:18  
Reply With Quote #36

I could put it in but how long would it last before that style of menu is lost ?

Sorry about my lack of response on the forums but it's been pretty hectic at work recently.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
Mani
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2005 , 07:22  
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicspot
I agree about the spam. Just having the chat area cluttered up and constantly moving is already annoying.

I ended up changing the Killeath reward code from ma_givecash to NemoD's nm_cash (don't remember the exact cvar) and that got rid of the "(CONSOLE): Player adjusted cash reserve" message that would pop up everytime somebody died.
I am against doing this because it would simply get abused by admin, you would never know if they were cheating by giving themselves money. I feel anything like that MUST have some visibilty to other players as to what is going on or I would be basically writing a server side cheat.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
MaxXx
Old 06-07-2005 , 09:02  
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani
I could put it in but how long would it last before that style of menu is lost ?

Sorry about my lack of response on the forums but it's been pretty hectic at work recently.

Mani
If it isnt too much work it would be great to have stats as that style menu. And update or patch version or something like that. *gg.
Eric_Jedi
Old 06-07-2005 , 11:02  
Reply With Quote #39

But mani, if they so happen not to remove it, it would be a great addition. anyways for now , and who says , when they block it, that they wont unblock it again ? I know its a risk to take , but it is really a great addition for now. Also, if they take it away, isnt there always a way to have a menu with the old style ? Or does it always need the esc key ?

Eric
cosmicspot
Old 06-07-2005 , 11:19  
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicspot

I am against doing this because it would simply get abused by admin, you would never know if they were cheating by giving themselves money. I feel anything like that MUST have some visibilty to other players as to what is going on or I would be basically writing a server side cheat.

Mani
Okay, I see your point, but I'm not a cheater