Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.

Post New Thread Reply   

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 11-01-2020 , 08:01   [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #1

server side weapon scripts, like for example altering rifle tier 2, smg tier 1 accuracy while running for example, to be more accurate. is it possible to have that work on server side after uploading the script file through .vpk or scripts folder in a rented dedicated server like www.gameservers.com? Like for example can this work server side without having to download anything but rather anyone who connects to the server sees the mod without having to dl anything like through workshop or some singleplayer mod or local host mod.

Because when i tried this like this the accuracy improvement number didnt get read and only when i make it more inaccurate it gets read but altering clip size from 50 to 60 was read on the mp5 but improving the accuracy through lowering the numbers didnt change it at all. like for example, i cant copy a hunting rifle accuracy and give it to the mp5 like it doesnt read it in the game it just maintains default accuracy no matter what value i give it unless i make it worse. anyone know how to make it work like any other cvar altering number like the clip size?

thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2020 , 09:17   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #2

You can modify this plugin to work with Left4DHooks and it will do exactly what you are asking for.

https://github.com/Attano/L4D2-Compe..._attributes.sp

Or an easier method would be to use this.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2614626

Last edited by Spirit_12; 11-01-2020 at 09:24. Reason: Added Info editor as an option.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 11-01-2020 , 13:08   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
You can modify this plugin to work with Left4DHooks and it will do exactly what you are asking for.

OK so for example if i wanted to make the M16 Assault Rifle more accurate while running could i insert this data "MaxMovementSpread" "2.5" in the code below for example and it would work?
PHP Code:
"weapon_rifle"
{
"clip_size"                    "50"
"ReloadDuration"            "2.0"
"CycleTime"                "0.0875"
"Damage"                    "33"
"Range"                    "3000"
"RangeModifier"                "0.97"
"MaxMovementSpread"        "2.5"

Old 11-01-2020 , 13:59   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:

OK I tried this plugin but it didnt work for me under linux, any one else having the same problem? i tried the admin commands to verify, they didnt register when i tried them, mine doesnt load under linux im sure i installed this properly i have the dhooks installed and put the files in the right folder.

any help is appreciated.
Old 11-01-2020 , 15:58   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #5

I'm using the info editor to alter the weapon clip size and it worked flawlessly for me.
Old 11-01-2020 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
I'm using the info editor to alter the weapon clip size and it worked flawlessly for me.
ah windows or linux? under linux some of the console commands work, and it shows up under sm plugins list. but the actual values i set in the l4d_info_editor_weapons dont get read. any help is appreciated.

thank you.
Old 11-01-2020 , 17:25   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #7

Show me your config.
Old 11-01-2020 , 18:08   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #8

The plugin works fine (windows here), is more likely you have a bad config file or doing something wrong.
Try to redownload the plugin and update the files from data folder, start changing the clip size of any weapon

Always check the sourcemod/logs folder for errors

For example I use this setup to test grenade launcher

Spoiler

Last edited by Marttt; 11-01-2020 at 18:08.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 11-01-2020 , 20:48   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Show me your config.
Here it is, in this case, i modded the mp5, smg_silenced, smg, and all Tier 2 Assault Rifles, SCAR, AK47, M16, SG552. i tried to improve their accuracy, it didnt take effect, i tried to mod the mp5s clip size to 60 and improve its accuracy, it didnt take effect. any help is appreciated.

basically im trying to improve their accuracy, the smgs, and assault rifles, and also their accuracy while running.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg (13.3 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 11-01-2020 at 20:51.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2020 , 20:54   Re: [L4D2] Question Regarding Server Side Weapon Scripts.
Reply With Quote #10

Do you know that your all configs are "commented"?

If you open in an editor like notepad++ change the language to "C++" for example and you will see that it appear as green, which means, that is just a comment, so won't execute.

Try this one attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg l4d_info_editor_weapons.cfg (13.3 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by Marttt; 11-01-2020 at 20:58.