Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod

Post New Thread Reply   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2010 , 07:13   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #231

@sinblaster, you say install 1.3.6 then get the snapshot for the gamedata. Isn't it so that if you have a stable release and just "restart" your server it will grab the latest gamedata already? Thats what was happening in my case. (all is working here though, but just mentioning it)
Grim Reaper
Old 12-22-2010 , 07:18   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
@sinblaster, you say install 1.3.6 then get the snapshot for the gamedata. Isn't it so that if you have a stable release and just "restart" your server it will grab the latest gamedata already? Thats what was happening in my case. (all is working here though, but just mentioning it)

Yeah you're right, its supposed to work that way. But like I mentioned there are some cases where its not immediate (Don't know why, happened to me again today setting up another server I restarted/reset 8 times and nothing, I still had errors until I replaced the gamedata with one from a snapshopt)
And in other cases usually with people that rent a server from a game host for instance, firewalls can prevent the updates, I've literally had this happen to me due to not concentrating when setting up firewall settings on a server.

But again, you are right, it's supposed to auto update.

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 12-22-2010 , 07:21   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #233

I had one server not updating the sdkhooks game data files, so you have a point there ;P
Grim Reaper
Old 12-22-2010 , 07:39   Re: Christmas Update Broke Sourcemod
Reply With Quote #234

I should mention though, if there is an issue with firewall settings or source updater not connecting to the update server it would most usually state an error in /addons/sourcemod/logs/

As far as sdhooks is concerned I am actually not/wasn't aware that the gamedata file autoupdates at all. I usually rely on Psychonic or dataviruset