Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2012 , 03:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1491

If you have means, check your database if the players table exists. Have you installed the tables properly?

The error message you provided tells me the DB is not installed or is installed only partially. Players table is missing from your database.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
checkster
BANNED
Old 06-04-2012 , 06:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
If you have means, check your database if the players table exists. Have you installed the tables properly?

The error message you provided tells me the DB is not installed or is installed only partially. Players table is missing from your database.
PHP Code:
"Databases"
{
"driver_default"  "mysql"

"sourcebans"
{

"driver"   "mysql"
  "host"        "Ip to my db"
  "database"   "database"
  "user"        "user"
  "pass"        "password"

//"timeout"   "0"

"port"   "3306"
}

"l4dstats"
{

"driver"   "mysql"
  "host"        "ip to my db"
  "database"   "database"
  "user"        "user"
  "pass"        "password"

//"timeout"   "0"

"port"   "3306"
}

"clientprefs"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "clientprefs-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

Is it maybe cause I'm trying to use the same db here as the one installed the web stats site on ?
Web site installed with out any problems. And the error I posted earlier will only appear as soon as anyone connect to the server.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2012 , 02:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkster View Post
PHP Code:
"Databases"
{
"driver_default"  "mysql"

"sourcebans"
{

"driver"   "mysql"
  "host"        "Ip to my db"
  "database"   "database"
  "user"        "user"
  "pass"        "password"

//"timeout"   "0"

"port"   "3306"
}

"l4dstats"
{

"driver"   "mysql"
  "host"        "ip to my db"
  "database"   "database"
  "user"        "user"
  "pass"        "password"

//"timeout"   "0"

"port"   "3306"
}

"clientprefs"
{
"driver" "sqlite"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "clientprefs-sqlite"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}

Is it maybe cause I'm trying to use the same db here as the one installed the web stats site on ?
Web site installed with out any problems. And the error I posted earlier will only appear as soon as anyone connect to the server.
The error message you provided earlier tells me that the database the plugin is trying to connect to is invalid stats DB. The database is missing players table, which is mandatory for the plugin to work at all. The plugin runs basic checks on the integrity of the database and if the checks fail the plugin is shut down (put in failstate). What you must do is you check the database the plugin is trying to connect if the tables exist. They don't get created automatically - you must install them yourself.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Dawg1
Old 06-14-2012 , 11:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1494

I dont see createtables.php and upgradetable.php
Where do I get these? cause I am unable to create the tables
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2012 , 20:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1495

Terve Mukkis,

Thank you for this excellent stats system you designed specifically for L4D2. I have migrated all four of my new L4D2 servers from HLstatsX to your stats system. So far the player feedback is very positive.

One of my servers runs 8-player expert Co-op exclusively and I am a bit unclear about how the point multipliers work. Based on my testing so far it appears there are two Expert difficulty multiplier values:
  • 4x base multiplier for friendly fire (per your description on 1st page and confirmed in testing), killing a tank, and other events
  • 3x base multiplier for deploying an ammo upgrade, killing an infected, protecting a friendly, and other events. I’ve not yet tested all of the cvar events as there are so many.
Without fully understanding the points calculations and difficulty multipliers it is challenging to get the cvars set appropriately to achieve the right balance between points earned and lost (negative score allowed).

Question: can you provide details on the multipliers and the events to which they are applied in Expert Co-op? Are the multipliers constant during a game?

Because the 8-player Expert Co-op server is very unique and difficult (even for Expert), players' stats from this server should probably not be combined with their stats from the regular co-op or versus servers as it can severely penalize their overall score as compared to the score of players that do not play Expert Co-op.

Question: to separate the Expert Co-op stats from the regular Co-op and Versus stats (i.e. they will not be combined when calculating overall player ranking and top 10 Players) do I setup a 2nd MySQL DB for expert co-op and feed that data to a separate webpage to display only the Exp Co-op stats?

Question: given the tendency of bots to stand in fire and move in front of human players, can the penalty for friendly fire against bots be adjusted downward without affecting the penalty for human players? I tried l4d_stats_botscoremultiplier <1.0, but it did not work.

Thank you again for your excellent work on this system.

Best regards,

Patriot

Last edited by PatriotGames; 06-15-2012 at 01:51.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2012 , 09:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg1 View Post
I dont see createtables.php and upgradetable.php
Where do I get these? cause I am unable to create the tables
Try install.php. It does both the install from scratch and upgrade from previous database version if such exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotGames View Post
Question: can you provide details on the multipliers and the events to which they are applied in Expert Co-op? Are the multipliers constant during a game?

Because the 8-player Expert Co-op server is very unique and difficult (even for Expert), players' stats from this server should probably not be combined with their stats from the regular co-op or versus servers as it can severely penalize their overall score as compared to the score of players that do not play Expert Co-op.
The multipliers in general mean how the normal score is affected when a specific event is ongoing, like playing in Realism mode. Here's an example:
36. l4d_stats_ffire_multiplier (default = "1.5") Friendly fire damage multiplier (Formula: Score = Damage * Multiplier)

36. means that when you have set the friendly fire mode (35. l4d_stats_ffire_mode) to 2 (damage based), this multiplier formula is used to calculate the penalty when damaging a team member.

Then there's this for example:
45. l4d_stats_botscoremultiplier (default = "1.0") Multiplier to use when receiving bot related score penalty. 0 = Disable

45. means that when you have friendly fire penalty score enabled and you do FF damage to a bot controlled team member, your normal damage is multiplied by this value. The default is 1.0, which means the score reduction is the same as when you hit a human controlled team member. Lowering this value for 0.5, you will receive half of the normal FF penalty when damaging bot controlled team members.

In general, this is what the multipliers are for.

Quote:
Question: to separate the Expert Co-op stats from the regular Co-op and Versus stats (i.e. they will not be combined when calculating overall player ranking and top 10 Players) do I setup a 2nd MySQL DB for expert co-op and feed that data to a separate webpage to display only the Exp Co-op stats?
If you don't want to mix players stats from different servers, you will have to either have two separate databases or just have a different table name prefix on each server.

Quote:
Question: given the tendency of bots to stand in fire and move in front of human players, can the penalty for friendly fire against bots be adjusted downward without affecting the penalty for human players? I tried l4d_stats_botscoremultiplier <1.0, but it did not work.
Like I said above, use cvar #45 to accomplish this... if it works?

That cvar should work or at least had worked before. I can take a look, hopefully this weekend.

Did I answer all of your questions?

Thanks for the kind words!

PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2012 , 14:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1497

Muukis,

Thank you for your answers!

I understand how the multipliers work in the cvars you quoted. But as you discussed, there is also a base multiple for difficulty, and expert co-op, I believe, is supposed to have a 4x base multiple.

Let me try to clarify what I am seeing in the points calculations with a few examples, again all on expert co-op:

A. l4d_stats_deployammoupgrade "10" gives the player 30 pts., so is a 3x multiplier, not 4x
B. l4d_stats_protect "7" gives the player 21 pts., so is a 3x multiplier, not 4x
C. l4d_stats_adrenaline "12" gives the player 48 pts., so 4x multiplier
D. l4d_stats_pills "12" gives the player 48 pts., so 4x multiplier

As you can see, the multipliers are different depending on the cvar or event. Shouldn't the base multiple be 4x for all events in expert co-op, unless the base is adjusted by another multiplier as with friendly fire?
Quote:
If you don't want to mix players stats from different servers, you will have to either have two separate databases or just have a different table name prefix on each server.
That is what I suspected based on the l4d_stats_dbprefix "" cvar. To display the stats separately they would also need to have separate web pages, is this correct?
Quote:
Like I said above, use cvar #45 to accomplish this... if it works?
I tried several values for l4d_stats_botscoremultiplier (default = "1.0"), all of which we <1.0 (e.g. 0.50 and 0.45) but it did not reduce the FF points penalty with the bots. On the other hand, l4d_stats_ffire_multiplier "0.30" works.

Thank you again for all of your help.

Best regards,

Patritot
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2012 , 18:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1498

Quote:
Muukis,

Thank you for your answers!

I understand how the multipliers work in the cvars you quoted. But as you discussed, there is also a base multiple for difficulty, and expert co-op, I believe, is supposed to have a 4x base multiple.

Let me try to clarify what I am seeing in the points calculations with a few examples, again all on expert co-op:

A. l4d_stats_deployammoupgrade "10" gives the player 30 pts., so is a 3x multiplier, not 4x
B. l4d_stats_protect "7" gives the player 21 pts., so is a 3x multiplier, not 4x
C. l4d_stats_adrenaline "12" gives the player 48 pts., so 4x multiplier
D. l4d_stats_pills "12" gives the player 48 pts., so 4x multiplier

As you can see, the multipliers are different depending on the cvar or event. Shouldn't the base multiple be 4x for all events in expert co-op, unless the base is adjusted by another multiplier as with friendly fire?
That is what I suspected based on the l4d_stats_dbprefix "" cvar. To display the stats separately they would also need to have separate web pages, is this correct?
I tried several values for l4d_stats_botscoremultiplier (default = "1.0"), all of which we <1.0 (e.g. 0.50 and 0.45) but it did not reduce the FF points penalty with the bots. On the other hand, l4d_stats_ffire_multiplier "0.30" works.

Thank you again for all of your help.

Best regards,

Patritot
It's possible that the code is bugged and these settings have never been noticed anyone else but you. I will take a look as soon as possible. It's been a while since I've played L4D2... now is a good time to spend a few hours with my favorite zombie shooting game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dawg1
Old 06-16-2012 , 16:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Try install.php. It does both the install from scratch and upgrade from previous database version if such exists.
Ok after hours a arguing with my host and sorting out ip issues I know get this error?

[l4d_stats.smx] Database is missing required table or tables.
Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed.

Also says to read logs for more info, but there is no more info than this?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2012 , 18:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B117
Reply With Quote #1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg1 View Post
Ok after hours a arguing with my host and sorting out ip issues I know get this error?

[l4d_stats.smx] Database is missing required table or tables.
Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed.

Also says to read logs for more info, but there is no more info than this?
I'm sorry to say, that the error message you've provided is trying to tell us your database is not installed properly. Running the install.php has not finished properly, or your web site and the plugin server do not have same configurations.

On the other hand, the SQL script on the front page is not up-to-date. I'll update the SQL script this weekend, if I have the time. Otherwise as soon as possible. Just so that you will have other means to deploy the database.