12% 

Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

DynamicBits
Old 12-29-2013 , 14:09   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.Cat View Post
I have a new problem - the vote does not appear. The maps are changing at the end of the time limit.
log

dmap_status
I'm not able to reproduce your problem. Please make a zip/rar/7z/tgz/bz2 file of your cstrike directory and upload it to a file-sharing site and PM me the link. (You can sign up with my Dropbox referral link if you want.) If you have anything sensitive in your config files like an RCON password, remove or edit it before you create the archive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a412010 View Post
Request:
Show the result when a vote is ended. (And add a cvar to turn on/off this function)
As long as dmap_quietmode is OFF or NOSOUND, there following HUD message should show up:
Quote:
Attention: Map %s wins with %d votes.
Map will change at end of this round
Were you asking for something different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoLiCe View Post
Suggestion:
Add map recovery if server crashed :3
OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelo View Post
add partial map name nominations,
This is not a bad suggestion. I'm afraid that scanning every single chat message and comparing it to every single map name would cause lag. However, it might be feasible when the "vote" or "nominate" keywords are used. (For example: "vote dust")

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmman View Post
Check Empty map and current map not to be equal
So it will not change map over and over when server is empty.
PHP Code:
public change_maps() {

new 
map[32],currentmap[32];

get_pcvar_string(pEmptyMapmap31);

get_mapname(currentmap,31);

if (
get_pcvar_num(pEmptymapAllowed) == && strlen(map) > && !equal(currentmap,map)) {

server_cmd("changelevel %s"map);
    }

This is not a bad idea, but I know some people still want the map to change every so often. Maybe I could add an extra value for emptymap_allowed. Like... 1 = change if not current map and 2 = force change even if current map

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosimosi View Post
hey buddy
nice plugin but can you add sound when start Vote ? ( mp3 support please )
like this
dmap_sound "" ( 1= on / 0 = off )
Well, there is sound, and it is controlled by the dmap_quietmode console command, but I guess you want custom sound support. Hmmm... maybe. I'll have to make sure there aren't any surprise side effects caused by this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUGHOLD View Post
FEATURE REQUEST:

I think we've all been on servers where the map changed to something way to small to support the number of players that were currently in the server. I have a suggestion that will put and end to that forever.

The ability to have the plugin check how many players are in the server just before a vote and only allow a map change to a map based on size and how many players can effectively fit that map without overcrowding.

Something like this for example:

Code:
all maps after that line will be included in voting if amount of players at the moment of voting on server (excluding bots) is greater than or equal min and less than or equal max.
example: Quote:
#2 14
dod_murky2
dod_orange_bridge
dod_rennes_b2
dod_piny_osiris
dod_orange
dod_purple
#14 20
dod_cal_sherman2
dod_saints
dod_narbeth_snow
dod_avalanche
dod_dust
dod_advance
dod_harrington
dod_aztec
dod_anzio
dod_flash
dod_donner
dod_northbound
dod_merderet
#20 32
dod_caen
dod_jagd
dod_jagd_cl
I understand where you're coming from, but this really isn't a map manager problem. It is a server admin problem. The server should only have maps that allow all player slots to be utilized. This isn't the first time this has been requested, and I will keep it in mind. If I were to implement it, I guarantee you that it will result in future headaches for me. No offense, but I can not rely on all users to create and update a properly formatted file like that. Just look at how many problems people have updating the dictionary file - the one that comes in the same zip as the plugin and doesn't require any editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLTeam View Post
When i use amx_cvar mp_timelimit 9999 to set an map for all time like after 24:00 i want only one map without changes the plugin after 15min or less it change the map to other map without votes? Why?
How to fix this?
Please post one of your dmaplog*.log files from when the server starts until just after the first map change. Also, post the full output of the dmap_status command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
Attachments removes, you are not new here, you know that you are not allowed to attach amxx files.
PM a plugin approved, or a moderator or an administrator so he can compile plugin, attach it in a post that you can link in 1st post.
I don't want to overwhelm anyone. I'm still waiting on the Bugzilla access I requested over 2 years ago and plugin approval I requested 18 months ago.

--
Andy
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2013 , 18:23   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicBits View Post
I don't want to overwhelm anyone.
What is so overwhelming? Clicking the "Get Plugin" link? (The plugin should always be posted as its own attachment. If not for compiling then for ease of access to view the code).

Quote:
I'm still waiting on the Bugzilla access I requested over 2 years ago
Anyone can submit bugs in Bugzilla.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-30-2013 at 05:46.
DynamicBits
Old 12-30-2013 , 00:56   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
What is so overwhelming? Clicking the "Get Plugin" link? (The plugin should always be posted as its own attachment. If not for compiling then for ease of access to view the code).
That's not what anyone was referring to, but since you brought it up: the web compiler doesn't work for this plugin. Plus, this plugin simply will not work without additional files (which need updated with each release), so I figure it is more convenient for the users to only have to download one file.

Quote:
Anyone can submit bugs in Bugzilla.
We're getting off-topic, but, again, that's not what I was referring to. I have submitted multiple bugs to the AMXX Bugzilla. If you want more details, please PM me.

--
Andy
ConnorMcLeod
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2013 , 01:48   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
I don't want to overwhelm anyone. I'm still waiting on the Bugzilla access I requested over 2 years ago and plugin approval I requested 18 months ago.
It doesn't give you the right to attach a compiled plugin.
As i said, send me a PM with link to sma, and i'll compile plugin and attach it in the post that you can link in main post.

Something i don't understand, you say web compiler doesn't work on your plugin but it doesn't use custom includes, is the problem with menus and colors ?

- my plugins -

Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 12-30-2013 at 01:50.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2013 , 06:23   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
That's not what anyone was referring to, but since you brought it up: the web compiler doesn't work for this plugin.
Afaik, the "Get Plugin" link for attached sma files is not the same compiler as webcompiler.cgi aka "the web compiler". I just tested the "Get Plugin" link and everything is working fine.

I also hate having to download the whole zip file to look at the plugin code. (These are my words and therefore my opinion.)

Plugin feedback:

Why would I not be able to put configuration settings in a config file and/or execute from the server console? Referring to this:

PHP Code:
    if (id == 0) {

announce_config_error("dmap_config_variable");
        return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED;
    } 
This seems counter-intuitive to me. I manage the server from the server console and using config files.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-30-2013 at 06:27.
DynamicBits
Old 12-30-2013 , 13:51   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
Something i don't understand, you say web compiler doesn't work on your plugin but it doesn't use custom includes, is the problem with menus and colors ?
Well, for starters, trying to upload any file gives the following error: "You must upload a valid file!". If I paste the source in, it used to compile and provide a link to the .amxx, but as of today, it provides an invalid link (id is always 0 in the URL). Whether or not the link works, something along the way strips out backslashes from the source. Even without the working download link, you can see the compiler output that shows different sizes for the data segment and overall file than if you compile it locally.

Quote:
Afaik, the "Get Plugin" link for attached sma files is not the same compiler as webcompiler.cgi aka "the web compiler". I just tested the "Get Plugin" link and everything is working fine.
Well, I just tested it and while it doesn't appear to strip out the backslashes, the md5sum doesn't match when I compile locally. Maybe it is a different compiler version, or maybe it is changing something in the file.

Quote:
I also hate having to download the whole zip file to look at the plugin code. (These are my words and therefore my opinion.)
I don't disagree. I'd just like to figure out why the "Get Plugin" link doesn't match what I compile locally. There are bugs even with the latest compiler version (try using the #elseif directive) and I'd like to be sure that the latest version is being used to minimize issues.

Quote:
Plugin feedback:

Why would I not be able to put configuration settings in a config file and/or execute from the server console? Referring to this:

PHP Code:
    if (id == 0) {

announce_config_error("dmap_config_variable");
        return 
PLUGIN_HANDLED;
    } 
This seems counter-intuitive to me. I manage the server from the server console and using config files.
Because too many people were putting the commands in config files. Blocking console commands was a side effect; I don't know of any way to detect the difference between the server console and a config file. The v4 fork will use CVARs for the settings instead of console commands, so this will become mostly irrelevant.

--
Andy
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-30-2013 , 14:21   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
the md5sum doesn't match when I compile locally. Maybe it is a different compiler version, or maybe it is changing something in the file.
The OS that the script is being compiled on is different, thus a different md5sum

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2013 , 16:12   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Well, I just tested it and while it doesn't appear to strip out the backslashes, the md5sum doesn't match when I compile locally. Maybe it is a different compiler version, or maybe it is changing something in the file.

I don't disagree. I'd just like to figure out why the "Get Plugin" link doesn't match what I compile locally. There are bugs even with the latest compiler version (try using the #elseif directive) and I'd like to be sure that the latest version is being used to minimize issues.
They don't need to match bit-for-bit to be the same plugin.

Quote:
Because too many people were putting the commands in config files. Blocking console commands was a side effect; I don't know of any way to detect the difference between the server console and a config file. The v4 fork will use CVARs for the settings instead of console commands, so this will become mostly irrelevant.
People were putting configuration settings in config files because that is the logical place to put them. They can still be commands, as opposed to cvars, and allow them to be in config files. However, if you do change everything to cvars then all will be fixed.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-30-2013 at 16:12.
DynamicBits
Old 01-01-2014 , 02:53   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
The OS that the script is being compiled on is different, thus a different md5sum
Quote:
They don't need to match bit-for-bit to be the same plugin.
Fair enough. I guess what I should have said was the file sizes aren't even close. The 1.8.1 (and 1.8.0, and probably older) compiler compiles the 3.25Beta source into a 112 KiB file, whereas the 1.8.2 compiler creates a 52 KiB file. The "Get Plugin" link returns a 112 KiB file, so I'd say it is reasonable to assume it is using an older compiler version.

--
Andy
Geloum
Old 01-01-2014 , 07:21   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #190

Hi everyone,

I searched for a long time a plugin like this but for AMXMOD, is there any possibility to find it or compile it dor AMXMOD ?

There is literally no plugins for RTV or VOTEMAP out there, it's insane.

Thank you for your answers and happy new year !