Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs & noCamp (AntiCamp)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
psychocoder
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Day of Defeat: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    add more realism to DODs
    Old 05-27-2009 , 07:15   [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs & noCamp (AntiCamp)
    Reply With Quote #1

This Plugin add some realism features for DODs.
    • Player speed and gravity is calculatet by his weapons and heal status.
    • Any weapon has a own real life weight and affected the speed and gravity.
    • If player drop down his weapon and put up a new weapon (from any class) with more weight he is slower and heavier.
    • If player warping a nade he is lighter an can run faster and jump heigher
    • If player get a shot in his arm (with more than 40dmg) he drop his weapon
    • If player get a shot in his leg he is slower and can not jump so heigh
    • If player healed and has a broken leg, the leg damage will be healed and he can walk faster (work with any medic plugin)
    • If player get hit in upper chest or head (over 40dmg) he see blood on his screen
    • bleeding if you get a hit over 40dmg (lose hp every second)
    • stop bleeding by type in chat !medic
    • if someone bleeding till death the last attacker get the points for kill
    • noCamp/AntiCamp: if player camp he get slapped (use a intelligent mechanism: if you can camp 30 secounds on a Server and camp 25s than walk 5s and now camp, than you can only camp 15s)
    Configuration:
    • sm_realismphysics_version - show version of the plugin
    The next CVars must write in sourcemod.cfg or map config file
    • sv_realismphysics_drop 1 - drop weapon if player get shot in the arm (over 40dmg) (0=off, 1=on, default: 1)
    • sv_realismphysics_slow 1 - slow player with more weight (0 =off, 1=on, default: 1)
    • sv_realismphysics_slow_value 0.15 (0.00 - 0.80, defaut: 0.15) - slow down if player get shot in leg - only active if sv_realismphysics_slow is on (0.15 mean that speed after 50hp leg damage is 1.0 - (0.15*0.5) = 0.925 thus 7,5% slower as healed player with the same weight
    • sv_realismphysics_grav 1 - make the player heavyer if a hold more weight (0=off, 1=on, default. 0) - default is off because it can affect the gameplay, player can not jump on all boxes in the map
    • sv_realismphysics_grav_value 0.15 (0.00 - 0.80, default: 0.15) - player can not jump so heigh if he get a hit in leg - only active if sv_realismphysics_grav is on (0.15 mean that gravity after 50hp leg damage (50/100=0.5) is 1.0 + (0.15*0.5) = 1.075 thus 7,5% more as gravity of healed player with the same weight
    • sv_realismphysics_blood 1 (0=off, 1=on, default. 0) - show blood on screen if you get a hit over 40dmg in upper chest or head
    • sv_camp 1 (0=off, 1=on, default. 1) - Activate camp module (since Version 0.4.0)
    • sv_camp_time 60 (0 - 600, default. 60) - Time in secounds which player can camp (since Version 0.4.0)
    • sv_camp_diff_time 10 (0 - 100, default. 10) - Time in secounds between slaps for camping (since Version 0.4.0)
    • sv_camp_slap_dmg 20 (0 - 100, default. 20) - Dmg for camping (since Version 0.4.0)
    • sv_realismphysics_bleed 0 (0=off, 1=on, default. 0) - aktivate bleeding on hit over 40dmg (since Version 0.4.0)
    • sv_realismphysics_selfhealbleed 1 (0=off, 1=on, default. 1) - player can write !medic to chat and heal bleeding (since Version 0.4.3)
    • sv_realismphysics_freezetime 3.0 (0.0 - 20.0, default. 3.0, littler than 1.0 is disable) - time in secounds how long players freez if he called !medic (since Version 0.4.0)

Installation:
    • Copy dodRealismPhysics.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins
    • put CVars in the file ../cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg
    • type sm plugins refresh in server console

for programmer:
    • I have optimize the code for minimize the plugin overhead, some parts of the code are tricky

I need your help!
    • please post bugs/errors
    • please post suggestions for new properties
    Changelog:

Version 0.4.3 [2010-04-08]
    fix a bug that only medic heal bleeding if player have a broken leg
    add new CVAR sv_realismphysics_selfhealbleed - say if player can heel bleeding by typing !medic in chat (else only a real medic can heal bleeding)

Version 0.4.2 [2009-08-25]
    fix a bug that camper get 500hp

Version 0.4.1 [2009-08-21]
    change parts of my bad english and speed up the plugin

Version 0.4.0 [2009-08-19]
    add bleeding (no visual effect, only hp lose) on hit over 40dmg (new CVAR sv_realismphysics_bleed, sv_realismphysics_freezetime)
    add a camping module (new CVAR: sv_camp,sv_camp_time,sv_camp_diff_time,sv_cam p_slap_dmg)

Version 0.3.1 [2009-06-04]
    bugfix that only one blood overlay is shown/ now we have 3 different blood overlays

Version 0.3.0 [2009-05-30]
    add blood on screen if headshot and upper chest hit (new Cvar is add sv_realismphysics_blood)

Version 0.2.2 [2009-05-28]
    bug fix that medic can not heal leg shots

Version 0.2.1 [2009-05-28]
    bug fix in leg heal calculation

Version 0.2.0 [2009-05-28]
    change the 40dmg limit of slow down by leg hit in a dynamic value and the 60hp heal border to heal leg dmg

Version 0.1.6 [2009-05-27]
    the first release to community

You can test the plugin wihout install on the Server 85.131.247.36:27015 and 85.131.247.36:27115.
    Please rate this plugin if you have test it.

sorry for my bad english :-)
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (dodRealismPhysics.sp - 2595 views - 26.0 KB)

Last edited by psychocoder; 04-08-2010 at 09:55. Reason: add new plugin version
    psychocoder
    Old 05-28-2009 , 01:47   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight
    Reply With Quote #2

@ any moderator

I think I have forget to that the game for this plugin, can you change this please for me. It is an "DoDs" plugin and the category is "Gameplay".

thx
    exvel
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-28-2009 , 05:03   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight
    Reply With Quote #3

wow, niceone

For developers: Colors library
    Send a message via ICQ to exvel
    psychocoder
    Old 05-28-2009 , 09:18   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight
    Reply With Quote #4

Add a new version with more reality.
    Now all heal actions from any medic plugins found and considered in the plugin. Slow down and gravity calculation has no fix value only a upper border.

Last edited by psychocoder; 05-29-2009 at 07:42.
    psychocoder
    Old 05-30-2009 , 07:52   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight
    Reply With Quote #5

Add new version and new CVAR sv_realismphysics_blood

Blood is shown on screen if you get a hit in upper chest or head (over 40dmg)
    Old 06-04-2009 , 12:35   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight
    Reply With Quote #6

add a bugfixed version
    Old 06-06-2009 , 04:46   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight and many more
    Reply With Quote #7

That really sound nice and useful, I'll take a look at it do some
    testing and will approve it after that.

EDIT:

Code looks fine and it works like it should, good job!

Last edited by FeuerSturm; 06-06-2009 at 12:51.
    BenSib
    Old 06-06-2009 , 16:22   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs /any weapon has a weight and many more
    Reply With Quote #8

Good idea & good code. I thought of it, but couldnt realize it. so thank you.
    psychocoder
    Old 08-19-2009 , 02:45   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs & noCamp (AntiCamp)
    Reply With Quote #9

I upload a new version (0.4.0) with many new features.

If anyone ask why I have build in a camping module in a realism plugin:
    I use for every player a timer which fire every secound, if I build a new plugin I had one timer of realism and one of camping (where 64 Timers) , it is a lot overhead. With the integration in this plugin I only have 32 Timers.
    Old 08-25-2009 , 07:34   Re: [DODs] Add realism physics to DoDs & noCamp (AntiCamp)
    Reply With Quote #10

upload a bug fix version 0.4.2