Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Survivors only get one chance with a defib before its useless
    Old 04-16-2010 , 12:36   [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #1

One-Shot Defib
    by Oshroth

About:
    One-Shot Defib gives survivors only one chance to defib someone correctly, if they fail or get interrupted, then the defib runs out of power and becomes useless.

Cvars:
    sm_osdefib_version - Plugin Version

Changelog:
      • Initial version

Install
    Place l4d2_oneshotdefib.smx in sourcemod/plugins.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_oneshotdefib.sp - 2403 views - 1.3 KB)
    Old 04-16-2010 , 12:45   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #2

What a simply amazing idea..
    Thankyou.
    Jo-Barf_Creepy
    Old 04-16-2010 , 12:53   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #3

I have long been wondering why no one made this. Thanks, man!
    Oshroth
    Old 04-16-2010 , 13:41   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #4

My friend and I were brainstorming ideas for plugins to make the defib not so OP in versus and we came up with the ideas for this plugin and the ones below.

Coming Soon:
    Decomposing bodies - If a survivor doesn't get defibbed within a certain time after they die, they will not be able to be revived by a defib.
    Destroyable bodies - Infected are able to destroy a survivor's body to prevent them from being defibbed.
    Movable bodies - Infected are able to move a survivor's body to a position where the live survivors can't get to it.
    Old 04-16-2010 , 21:22   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oshroth View Post
    My friend and I were brainstorming ideas for plugins to make the defib not so OP in versus and we came up with the ideas for this plugin and the ones below.

Coming Soon:
    Decomposing bodies - If a survivor doesn't get defibbed within a certain time after they die, they will not be able to be revived by a defib.
    Destroyable bodies - Infected are able to destroy a survivor's body to prevent them from being defibbed.
    Movable bodies - Infected are able to move a survivor's body to a position where the live survivors can't get to it.
    dragging teammate bodies, seems like at war. I love this idea. Decomposing bodies: I think it can be the critical time for saving people. (for example, if someone can't get difibbed within certain time, it is certified death and unrevivable. You can add a message for unrevivable teammate.) Destroyable bodies: seems bloody (think of your bodies get completely wiped when someone ate or blow your bodies off )
    Ulrich
    Old 04-18-2010 , 16:46   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    I've been waiting for someone to make that.

Quote:
    And those make it even better. Looking forward to seeing these soon.
    kwski43
    Old 04-19-2010 , 06:31   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #7

If you could make something like defib_max_uses, global, so after reviving one person u can revive next.
    Old 04-19-2010 , 06:35   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:

Coming Soon:
    very interesting ideas, i love the idea for the plugin although i don't think i'll include it in my server, if you add these features, and make some cvars to make it a little more configurable, i think i would add it, and i also think this is a great plugin for competition games. great job.

oslouco
    Old 02-10-2011 , 15:43   Re: [L4D2]One-Shot Defib (1.0) more update
    Reply With Quote #9

hi I'm from Brazil my English is not very good, your plugin is very good I wish you alter just a chance for at least three attempts by that server VS, VS realims, realims exepert coop will be difficult to use the defibrillator if already stopped was the survivor

Regards the crazy