Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Lag Spike issues.

Post New Thread Reply   

Tornium
Zero Posts
Old 04-28-2007 , 12:58   Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #1

Okay here is my problem! a guy was on my server, he started DMing and i banned him! he got mad and wrote to my friend: I gonna lag your server till your computer burns! and then he started lag my server or actually not only my server he lagged WHOLE my internet! like hes hacking into my IP and start fucking it or something wired, Well one time there was another he said: Im senting you 1000 Gigabyte over my program and it lags your computers network...

So here is the question: How do i stop this?
----------------
If you got questions then write them to me ill see if i can answer them

Last edited by Tornium; 04-28-2007 at 13:02.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-28-2007 , 13:27   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #2

He didn't do shit..... if he actually SAID "i'm gonna lag your server", he's an idiot. Unless he started pinging you 20 times a second... -_-
Zero Posts
Old 04-28-2007 , 13:42   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
He didn't do shit..... if he actually SAID "i'm gonna lag your server", he's an idiot. Unless he started pinging you 20 times a second... -_-

Anyhow, how can i block the ping "requests" then? help will be much appreciated!
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-28-2007 , 13:50   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #4

Don't think it's possible. And I was kidding..... No one in their right mind is gonna sit there pinging you for hours.
Donor
Old 04-28-2007 , 13:59   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Don't think it's possible. And I was kidding..... No one in their right mind is gonna sit there pinging you for hours.
I unno if this has truth in it or not, but wouldn't it be possible to make a program that connects to several anonymous proxies simultaneously and then trys to connect to Tornium's IP address repeatadly? Wouldn't that lag it??

If that theoretical case is the case, then I would just say Tornium, Turn off your router and turn it back on. This will change your IP address (assuming your not using a static IP)
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-28-2007 , 14:03   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #6

I was saying blocking pinging isn't possible...

But yea... that would make sense.
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2007 , 17:34   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
I was saying blocking pinging isn't possible...

But yea... that would make sense.
Yes you can block ICMP Ping requests. There are actually a couple of different ways but mainly through programs. Also, check your networks traffic (plenty of programs that do "Network Monitoring") and see where packets are being sent to/from - Check every process to see which IP's are communicating from where and how much data is being sent. In case this guy was not the actual problem, do a tracert to say google.com checking your HOPS to see where the lag begins. If/when you find IP's coming from a location, tracert them to locate them or use a GEOIP program/site like IP2Location.com.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
Pro Patria Finland
Old 04-28-2007 , 18:33   Re: Lag Spike issues.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornium View Post
Okay here is my problem! a guy was on my server, he started DMing and i banned him! he got mad and wrote to my friend: I gonna lag your server till your computer burns! and then he started lag my server or actually not only my server he lagged WHOLE my internet! like hes hacking into my IP and start fucking it or something wired, Well one time there was another he said: Im senting you 1000 Gigabyte over my program and it lags your computers network...

So here is the question: How do i stop this?
----------------
If you got questions then write them to me ill see if i can answer them
My suggestion:

Plug out your modem. Go out. Enjoy the spring.