Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction

Post New Thread Reply   

zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2012 , 15:20   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #21

Now we just need to create a native and then a cheat sheet of model replacement rules and we can open this up to modelers. Now this may finally allow servers to fully customize every weapon in the game!

I see the dawn of a new area of modding on the horizon... we just need the modelers to take us there
Old 04-25-2012 , 22:58   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #22

Can i change a player's knife into no model? so they dont see anything? with out custom download? snippet please!
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2012 , 04:27   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #23

PHP Code:
//hide viewmodel
AcceptEntityInput(WeaponIndex"hideweapon"); 
as mentioned in the snippet in the original post.

Last edited by blodia; 04-26-2012 at 04:28.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2012 , 04:29   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #24

The animation fixes would be very interesting to see. Keep us updated!
Old 04-30-2012 , 16:55   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #25

i updated the snippet with the added animation fix, only tested it briefly but it seemed ok. i changed the snippet slightly for the multiple weapons so it didn't look so confusing with all the duplicate code.

the code handles spectators now, thanks to GoD-Tony

Last edited by blodia; 04-30-2012 at 17:11.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2012 , 08:34   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodia View Post
i updated the snippet with the added animation fix, only tested it briefly but it seemed ok
You left out your player_spawn callback, but the fixes are tested and working.

Developers can get really creative with this one.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 05-03-2012 at 08:36.
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2012 , 15:53   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #27

fixed, don't know how that happened.
Marcos
Old 06-01-2012 , 14:17   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodia View Post
i had a look at the issue triohala was having and it seems like there is a drawback with this method. if the same animation is played in succession before ending it isn't played at all, so if you knife the air the same slash animation is normally played over and over, with this method you will only play the slash animation the first time and then nothing until you hit something or switch back to play a different animation.
this could have been fixed with "m_flCycle" which stores how far along the animation is but it doesn't exist as a netprop for the viewmodel so the client isn't sent the updated data (for css anyway), i'm guessing this is where the prediction comes in.
when i have some free time i have a few ideas on how to bypass the issue i want to test.
@blodia
Great snippet.
I hope this issue will be fixed soon.
I think all zombie mod deveopers are waiting for this issue be fixed,lol.
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2012 , 15:09   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #29

you should read the rest of the thread after that post .....
rediem
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-20-2012 , 13:16   Re: [SNIPPET][CSS]custom viewmodels without flickers and without disabling prediction
Reply With Quote #30

How do I change the world model?

Last edited by rediem; 08-20-2012 at 14:00.