[ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 12:27   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR. View Post
If you enter in the else case this mean iTarget is 0 which is worldspawn. And the alternative way to find solid_trigger entity is made only at hit point of traceline which is always worldspawn (ground) and that's why it works only for entities on ground.
My idea is to fire invisible entity from player's origin and angles. Then if that entity touch desired one you can think you are aiming at it. (That's some kind of custom traceline at my opinion)
What do u mean? Like get the hit angles and then check if there's an entity at that position using entity sphere at that final origin?

Edit: Ah, u mean make an invisible ent with velocity and when it touches that ent it's like the player aimed at it.

Last edited by DarthMan; 10-15-2017 at 13:13.
KiLLeR.
Old 10-15-2017 , 12:51   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #22

No! Since I'm not from english-speaking country, my english is far not the best one and I can't explain you better (I mean I find it difficult to express myself). Imagine you are firing a bullet(actually this is your custom entity) from your eyes in the direction where you watch.

Last edited by KiLLeR.; 10-15-2017 at 12:58.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 13:14   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
No! Since I'm not from english-speaking country, my english is far not the best one and I can't explain you better (I mean I find it difficult to express myself). Imagine you are firing a bullet(actually this is your custom entity) from your eyes in the direction where you watch.
But that's stupid, I'm pretty sure that Drunken F00l didn't use this method.
KiLLeR.
Old 10-15-2017 , 13:27   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #24

I just give you an idea, you can do what you want. Also I don't see any other solution since traceline ignores SOLID_TRIGGER entities.

Last edited by KiLLeR.; 10-15-2017 at 13:27.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 13:38   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
I just give you an idea, you can do what you want. Also I don't see any other solution since traceline ignores SOLID_TRIGGER entities.
It does not ignore them if they are on ground but else it does.
KiLLeR.
Old 10-15-2017 , 13:51   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #26

It does with get_user_aiming which use traceline, but with your stock it works only for entities on ground and I already told you why...
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-15-2017 , 15:36   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMan View Post
It does not ignore them if they are on ground but else it does.
It does no matter where they are, TRACELINE IGNORES SOLID_TRIGGER. Your code works because if trace fails you search in a radius. Put some debug messages, you will see that for SOLID_TRIGGER it always enters the else. Or delete the else and tell me how it does not ignore them.

I'm done, believe what you want. At least you should do proper tests before making claims.(or try to understand your code, at least)

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-15-2017 at 15:38.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 15:54   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
It does no matter where they are, TRACELINE IGNORES SOLID_TRIGGER. Your code works because if trace fails you search in a radius. Put some debug messages, you will see that for SOLID_TRIGGER it always enters the else. Or delete the else and tell me how it does not ignore them.

I'm done, believe what you want. At least you should do proper tests before making claims.(or try to understand your code, at least)
I know that ti can successfully find these entities, because, if I aim from a big distance, but less than 500, it can find the SOLID_TRIGGER entities, and find ent in sphere can only find the entity in 10units sphere. Also, if i set pHit on traceline then it won't find these entities. That clearely means that TR can find these entities with no problem if they're on ground. Also, the code is modified from Grab+ plug-in. That one used HitZone so it never worked, always returning 0, which means that the find ent in sphere method returned the correct entity only if u were close enough to it.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-15-2017 , 16:11   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #29

It's 10 units sphere from trace end origin, not from your origin. If you aim from a big distance it still searches 10 units around the end point... Distance is irelevant.

If you are so sure please delete the else case and check.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 10-15-2017 at 16:15.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 16:25   Re: [ H3LP ] Make Ent unsolid then solid
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
It's 10 units sphere from trace end origin, not from your origin. If you aim from a big distance it still searches 10 units around the end point... Distance is irelevant.

If you are so sure please delete the else case and check.
It turns out that if I do not use that else it won't be able to find any kind of entity, no matter of what kind. But, if I use it together with TR_pHit then it won't find SOLID_TRIGGER. If I use TR_AllSolid, then it does.

Last edited by DarthMan; 10-15-2017 at 16:25.