Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Feature Request...

Post New Thread Reply   

lex_talionis
Old 01-15-2006 , 14:22   Feature Request...
Reply With Quote #1

BAILOPAN,

I've been running CS:S DM on and off now for about 4 months and I've never really thought of any ideas about the mod simply because I rarely get to play from the clients perspective.

I came up with a thought, that would instill that stat/rank-drive/instinct that many have when playing FPS games (i.e. HLStatsX really does make a big difference to the client). I remember I used to like playing QII Arena and UT and I recall that at the end of a match it was very clear who was the "frag-master" simply because they were either atop a winner's pedestal or the last screen view zoomed to the winning player.

Now with that being said, the feature I'm requesting is not to this level, although, more power to ya if you could pull something like UT or QIII did But, would it be possible to flash to the center of the screen, over the current players stats (the one at the end of a map, just before the server reloads a new map), a one-liner saying something to the extent,"THE WINNER IS .........!"? Actually my statement is pretty lame, so you could say what ever you wanted.

Again, just an idea/feature request. I do know that this information is provided at the end of the map, but being presented this way, I feel, would be more entertaining.

Thanks,
Lex

p.s. I also would like to let you know, just as an fyi, that myself and at least one other person has asked Tobi over at HLStatsX about CS:S DM FFA mode and HLStatsX ranking. It's currently not advisable to run HLStatsX with FFA since it's hard-coded in HLStatsX to decrement score if you TK, but wanted to let you know as an FYI. Sometimes ideas between developers or even communication can assist. Now, I just need to keep on the good side of Tobi and not let him know I'm parsing through his hlstats.pl to figure something out Link: http://www.hlstatsx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1238.0
Old 01-22-2006 , 11:01  
Reply With Quote #2

Hey gang,

Just wanted to update you on my previous post. I've found a solution:

http://www.mattie.info/cs/forums/vie...ght=top+player

This is a Mattie-EvenScript "Top_Player" Works nicely with CS:S DM!

Lex
Old 01-22-2006 , 15:27  
Reply With Quote #3

Sorry, I never actually read this post (I don't recall seeing it)... but it's good you found a solution

I don't want to add "cruft" like this to CS:S DM if possible, because I think that's what 3rd party plugins or for. A lot of bloat and options will simply confuse people.