Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.14 dated 18Oct2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2022 , 21:21   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.11 dated 14Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #71

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.11.

This version uses SourceMod 1.11 syntax. Added code developed by Shadowysn to immediately remove weapons dropped at locker. Thanks Shadowysn!

Note: This change with plugin version 1.11 only removes weapons dropped at locker. To immediately remove all dropped weapons on the server regardless of location use this in your server.cfg: sm_cvar tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0
LK777
Old 09-25-2022 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.11 dated 14Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #72

Do you have a command to have the bots use custom weapons in mvm for red team? since it only has stocks

you can disables the "Give Bots More Cosmetics" by just turning it off but what about the weapons? if its possible, the original plugin has a command for mvm but not this one? and only for red team of course
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2022 , 18:47   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.11 dated 14Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK777 View Post
Do you have a command to have the bots use custom weapons in mvm for red team? since it only has stocks
It's such an odd request that I'm asking you to clarify and paraphrase what you want.

It sounds like you want BOTS on the RED team to receive custom weapons whenever Mann vs Machine (MvM) mode is being played. But that doesn't make sense to me since:
1. By default there are no BOTS on the RED team during MvM.
2. By default the BOTS on BLU team get equipped with whatever the level designer wanted via POP file.
3. By default my plugin doesn't do anything during MvM since there is nothing to be done.

If you do have BOTS on the RED team during MvM, how are you making that happen?
LK777
Old 09-25-2022 , 19:02   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.11 dated 14Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
It's such an odd request that I'm asking you to clarify and paraphrase what you want.

It sounds like you want BOTS on the RED team to receive custom weapons whenever Mann vs Machine (MvM) mode is being played. But that doesn't make sense to me since:
1. By default there are no BOTS on the RED team during MvM.
2. By default the BOTS on BLU team get equipped with whatever the level designer wanted via POP file.
3. By default my plugin doesn't do anything during MvM since there is nothing to be done.

If you do have BOTS on the RED team during MvM, how are you making that happen?
alright sorry i didn't clarify much

I'm actually using an application named Rcbots2 made by Cheeseh/Robocop, Which are a program that has their own TF Bot with their AIs playing differently than a normal tf2 bot. and I'm using this in single players to try out some MvM missions and customs popfiles missions. so I can have a bot team on red that knows how to play mvm at least. I build their navigation points to make them playable.

Since they work with the plugins of give bot more weapons/cosmetics, i expected to try some different loadout on them on MvM
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2022 , 21:18   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #75

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.12.

This version adds console variable at the request of LK777 which allows support for giving custom weapons to BOTS on the RED team during a Mann vs Machine match.

New Convar: sm_gbmw_MVM_red_enabled

Usage:
sm_gbmw_MVM_red_enabled 1 (default. Enables giving custom weapons to RED BOTS in MvM mode)
sm_gbmw_MVM_red_enabled 0 (disables giving of custom weapons to RED BOTS in MvM mode)

Last edited by PC Gamer; 09-25-2022 at 21:18.
LK777
Old 09-25-2022 , 21:40   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #76

thank you very much for your time on it~!
I would have donate for this extra work for it
BLODY
Old 10-10-2022 , 08:58   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #77

can someone give me the sm 1.10 version please?
Old 10-10-2022 , 15:22   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLODY View Post
can someone give me the sm 1.10 version please?
It should work without error with SM 1.10. What errors, if any, are you receiving?
AperturePrototype
Old 10-12-2022 , 13:50   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
It should work without error with SM 1.10. What errors, if any, are you receiving?
L 10/12/2022 - 14:45:29: [SM] Failed to load plugin "GiveBotsMoreCosmetics.smx": Unable to load plugin (unsupported feature set; code is too new).
L 10/12/2022 - 14:45:29: [SM] Failed to load plugin "GiveBotsMoreWeapons.smx": Unable to load plugin (unsupported feature set; code is too new).

this is happening with both of your plugins, i'm using Sourcemod 1.10 Windows
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2022 , 17:40   Re: [TF2] Give Bots More Weapons (v1.12 dated 25Sep2022)
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperturePrototype View Post
Unable to load plugin (unsupported feature set; code is too new).
Good news! This plugin (and GiveBotsMoreCosmetics plugin) will compile without errors in either SM 1.10 or SM 1.11. You don't need an older version of the plugin.

Bad news: If you decide to keep using the older version of SourceMod you will need to compile newer plugins with the same older version of SM you are using.

You have two options, both are pretty straightforward. Just do one the following:
1. Upgrade your server to SM 1.11, or...
2. Compile the plugins yourself using your version of SM and copy the newly created smx into your plugins directory.

Either way will work fine without the need of changing the plugin sourcecode. To compile this yourself download the GiveBotsMoreWeapons.sp file from the original post. Put it in your /scripting/ directory. Go to a command prompt in that directory and type: spcomp GiveBotsMoreWeapons
It will create a file called GiveBotsMoreWeapons.smx
Put that file in your /plugins/ directory. Change map. Done. Do this for all other newer plugins that won't load because you are using the older version of SourceMod.