Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Add an admin command that Lets the players choose their own map, and then creating a vote with the maps!
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Less-features version of MCE: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=156974
    Old 10-16-2012 , 13:06   [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #1

Admin, are you tired of asking the players which map they want to play in, and then creating a vote with those maps (Searching them in the admin menu, or typing them in chat)? Well... I AM.

* This plugin is different then rockthevote, nominations , mapchooser (See the third post).

The plugin should work with all Source games (I tested it on only CS:S).

How does it work:
    When you use the admin command, a "Change map?" vote will appear to all players.

If the answer would be "Yes", then the plugin will tell to everyone to type the maps they want in chat:

The first 5 maps that would be typed in chat (starts with #) would be the maps in the vote.
    (For example: #de_nuke , #de_dust2 ... )
    Right after 5 maps were typed (or the time of typing has expired) a vote with the maps will be started.
    * If 5 maps weren't typed then random maps would fill the vote.

Admin commands:
    • sm_vm / sm_avotemap / sm_vt - Starts a new change map vote.
    Players commands:

• sm_vmlist - Show a menu with all the available maps (that can be typed in chat).

Plugin cvar's (Can be changed through sm_votemap_advanced.cfg that will be automatically-created when the plugins first loads):
    • sm_votemap_advanced_enable - Enable or disable this plugin: 0 - Disable, 1 - Enable (Defult: "1").
    • sm_votemap_advanced_maps_from - Generate maplist from: 0 - maps dir, 1 - mapcycle.txt (Default: "0").
    • sm_votemap_advanced_filter - Vote filter settings: 0 - Allow only fun maps (any map except de_/cs_ maps), 1 - Only mix maps (include cs_maps), 2 - Only de_ maps, 3 - Only aim maps ,4 - Any map, 5 - Custom map type (Default: "4").
    • sm_votemap_advanced_filter_type -If <sm_votemap_advanced_filter> set to 5, then allow only maps that starts with this combination of words (Default: "jb_").
    • sm_votemap_advanced_time_to_type -The amount of time players could type their map, until the maps vote starts (Time must be at least 5.0 seconds!) (Default: "32.0").
    • sm_votemap_advanced_version - The version of this plugin.
    Notes:
    Quote:
    1. Players not have to type the full name of the map... They can type even part of the map name (#dust2, #nuke for example).
    2. Any player can choose only 1 map! after he chose, he can not change his map.
    3. You can disable the vote-map anytime that a vote is running ("change map" and the actual maps vote) with the command sm_cancelvote .
    Installation:
    Download the plugin (votemap_advanced.smx) and put it your sourcemod plugins folder (addons/sourcemod/plugins/) .
    If you want a specific style of maps, you can set the cvar <sm_votemap_advanced_filter> to your needs.

changelog:
    Quote:
    - 16-10-2012 (v1.6)
    * Plugin released (after almost 2 years of using it )
    Have fun!
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (votemap_advanced.sp - 1681 views - 15.2 KB)

Last edited by iDragon; 10-19-2012 at 07:42. Reason: Added a few details
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-16-2012 , 13:12   Re: [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #2

Er... isn't this duplicating the behavior of the mapchooser, nominations, and rockthevote plugins that are included with SourceMod?
    Old 10-16-2012 , 13:27   Re: [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #3

Powerlord, Not really, it's more like letting the admins decide when they want the map-vote to start, not the players in the server.

Without this plugin, if admins want to change map they need to:
    Create a "Change map" vote, after that they need to ask the players which maps they want to play, and then they need to create the last vote with the maps names (searching them through the menu or typing their full name in chat).

With this plugin, all the admins need to do is to type sm_avotemap .

I think you will get a better explanation by seeing how the plugin works.

Last edited by iDragon; 10-16-2012 at 14:25.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-16-2012 , 14:04   Re: [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDragon View Post
    Powerlord, Not really, it's more like letting the admins decide when they want the map-vote to start, not the players in the server.
    So, like RockTheVote Extended's forcertv command... except forcertv works with the Nominations or Nominations Extended plugin and MapChooser Extended plugin to do the actual voting.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-16-2012 at 14:04.
    iDragon
    Old 10-16-2012 , 14:24   Re: [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #5

There is no need to rockthevote, nominations or mapchooser in your server in order to this plugins to work...
    I'm using this instead of them on my mix servers.

Last edited by iDragon; 10-16-2012 at 14:27.
    shavit
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-16-2012 , 15:29   Re: [ANY] Advanced Vote-Map
    Reply With Quote #6

Great plugin, used it for awhile. (A friend sent me your 1.3 version of it)