Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TF2 servers crash on player connecting, post Jungle update

Post New Thread Reply   

Werewolf_UK
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-21-2017 , 17:24   TF2 servers crash on player connecting, post Jungle update
Reply With Quote #1

Basic stats:
  • TF2 version - v4193938
  • Sourcemod - v1.8.0.6028
  • MetaMod:Source - 1.10.7-git959
  • Running on a Windows server
  • Additional details can be provided if needed.
Ever since the update dropped, players have not been able to connect to any of my servers. If/when they do, the server immediately crashes. The server doesn't even log them attempting to connect.

Of course I checked to make sure everything was up to date (see above) and the error persisted. At first I thought it was specific plugins and went though checking error logs. For my testing server I cleared it of all the plugins that were giving errors and made sure that no new errors were being generated. As soon as I tried connecting though, the server would crash again.

I checked the command line and found that my testing server was still using '-beta toolchainbeta' which I removed, to no effect. I also tried validating the game files and that had no effect. The servers would boot up fine, but anyone attemping to join would cause the server to crash.

After reading a few other threads here, I decided to try disabling Sourcemod itself by renaming the 'addons' folder to 'addons_old'. This allowed me to join the server, but now I am missing Sourcemod and all the functionality it offers!

So right now I am out of ideas. I presume that as their were subsequent patches that Sourcemod itself might get updated again, but as of the time of posting the latest is still 6028. What I'd like to know is if there is something else I can do to fix my servers.

Last edited by Werewolf_UK; 10-21-2017 at 17:29.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-21-2017 , 17:52   Re: TF2 servers crash on player connecting, post Jungle update
Reply With Quote #2

If you're running the Connect extension, make sure you update it to the latest version.

Otherwise, you need to go through your 3rd party plugins and find the one causing issues, there is no shortcut.
Old 10-22-2017 , 06:08   Re: TF2 servers crash on player connecting, post Jungle update
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, that fixed it, thank you.
Old 10-24-2017 , 00:57   Re: TF2 servers crash on player connecting, post Jungle update
Reply With Quote #4

Thank you!!!!!!!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net