Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?

Post New Thread Reply   

Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-09-2008 , 02:46   L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?
Reply With Quote #1

Anyone have any clue how to prevent the director from spawning tanks and witches while leaving everything else it does alone? I still want it to spawn common zombies and start panic events as usual.

I ask because I've written some code to spawn a tank or witch where and when I want as the first step towards making L4D more competition friendly. The idea is to let the infected team pick when they want their tank and where they want their witch instead of leaving it up to chance (among other things). I don't want the director butting in and spawning a tank before the team requests it, for example.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2008 , 04:38   Re: L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?
Reply With Quote #2

Theres probably some direction functions you could hook and setup as a forward to block. Alternatively, doing it all in sourcemod, you could just cycle through the entities and destroy the ones you dont want if they exist. I believe that even the NPC zombie bosses spawning call like they were actual players so, you could probably hook these game events instead "tank_spawn" and "witch_spawn" and just destroy the entities of "tankid" and "witchid" inside of them.
Sammy-ROCK!
Old 12-09-2008 , 14:40   Re: L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?
Reply With Quote #3

I think there's a cvar to block bosses I'm not sure I'll try to find.

Edit: Found
director_no_bosses : 0 : , "sv", "cheat" : Disable boss spawns

Last edited by Sammy-ROCK!; 12-09-2008 at 14:44.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-09-2008 , 16:57   Re: L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?
Reply With Quote #4

Wonder how I missed the boss variable. I'll see if that causes any problems with players spawning as infected in versus, otherwise I'll go with hooking the spawn events. I guess this'll end up being done in a plugin instead of an extension.

Last edited by Fyren; 12-09-2008 at 17:01. Reason: I speak English good
Sammy-ROCK!
Old 12-10-2008 , 06:02   Re: L4D: prevent director from spawning tanks and witches?
Reply With Quote #5

To many convars in l4d xD (Plus copycated ones from tf2, css and hl2)
It's a cheat command so you'd have to use SetConVarInt to do it.