Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2013 , 15:56   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo bar View Post
Hey Spartan:

I think a single plugin would be better as well, I'm not sure if there are enough differences in game engines to warrant separate editions. My main focus atm is with hl2dm but I'm interested in collaborating.

[foo] bar
Headshot detection seems to be different in every game... HL2: DM, CS:S, and TF2 to name three.

CS:GO requires you to play sounds differently than other games. See: CS:GO Quirks.
Old 08-05-2013 , 05:57   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #832

Quote:
Hey Spartan:

I think a single plugin would be better as well, I'm not sure if there are enough differences in game engines to warrant separate editions. My main focus atm is with hl2dm but I'm interested in collaborating.

[foo] bar
Hello foo!

Tonight i'm going to attempt to adjust the mod to detect the game and adjust methods accordingly, and if i get that somewhere near completed, i may have a look at doing a CS:GO version, which i will also try incorporate into a single plugin.

Spartan_C001
foo bar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-05-2013 , 11:20   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_C001 View Post
Hello foo!

Tonight i'm going to attempt to adjust the mod to detect the game and adjust methods accordingly, and if i get that somewhere near completed, i may have a look at doing a CS:GO version, which i will also try incorporate into a single plugin.

Spartan_C001
Hey Spartan,

Take a look at Saysounds. I believe it has CS:GO support built in. Are you going to put your plugin into source control like github? This would make it easier to collab on.
Spartan_C001
Old 08-07-2013 , 03:21   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #834

Quote:
Hey Spartan,

Take a look at Saysounds. I believe it has CS:GO support built in. Are you going to put your plugin into source control like github? This would make it easier to collab on.
Currently i haven't had chance to work on this as i've been busy fixing my server, but i have the whole of today to do it, i haven't used github or anything, but i have dropbox if that helps!
Hurrican
Old 08-11-2013 , 09:49   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #835

15:44:06 KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file addons/sourcemod/configs/QuakeSoundsList.cfg
QuakeSoundsList, killsound, 9, (*14*),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file addons/sourcemod/configs/QuakeSoundsList.cfg
QuakeSoundsList, (*killsound*), (*9*), (*14*),
[SM] Loaded plugin quakesounds_css.smx successfully.

foo bar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2013 , 17:44   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrican View Post
15:44:06 KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file addons/sourcemod/configs/QuakeSoundsList.cfg
QuakeSoundsList, killsound, 9, (*14*),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got EOF instead of keyname in file addons/sourcemod/configs/QuakeSoundsList.cfg
QuakeSoundsList, (*killsound*), (*9*), (*14*),
[SM] Loaded plugin quakesounds_css.smx successfully.
This is usually a misplaced " or { }. Could you post your .cfg?
Spartan_C001
Old 08-16-2013 , 07:56   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #837

Quake Sounds 3 is available!

Okay everyone, i put together a single plugin that combines all source 2009 games into a single plugin.
It compiles fine and the logic is there, everything functions as expected in TF2, but i am unable to test any of the other games. Minor loss of a single part of the DoD:S part of the plugin which i will fix in 3.1 (just some declaration statements went funny because of how it was done before with #define and stuff)

Also shall i make a new post for this?

Please report how this works with games other than TF2!

(check two posts down for latest version - 3.1)

Last edited by Spartan_C001; 08-17-2013 at 12:42.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2013 , 10:20   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #838

Thank you Spartan C001 for the re coding of this.

I have installed this on my Counter-Strike Source server.
No errors to report

Spartan_C001
Old 08-16-2013 , 17:09   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Thank you Spartan C001 for the re coding of this.

I have installed this on my Counter-Strike Source server.
No errors to report
I have finished 3.1, got all parts that were in the previous set of plugins included. I will have a look at CS:GO support for someone who requested it earlier in the thread

As always, only the plugin itself is here, you will need to grab the sounds and other cfg (the main one is auto-created as "/cfg/sourcemod/plugin.quakesounds.cfg") from the main post.

I will try get a new thread set up for it (since the old creator seems to have left the planet)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesoundsv3.sp - 355 views - 20.5 KB)
Spartan_C001
Old 08-17-2013 , 06:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzeride View Post
metamod: 1.9.3-dev824
sourcemod: 1.6.0-dev4022
server: csgo
server console: [Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound 'quake\headshot.mp3'. Can't create mixer.
server console: [Sound] S_StartSound(): Failed to load sound 'quake\firstblood.mp3'. Can't create mixer.

Thanks, at least events seem to be working, i just have to implement way of playing sounds in csgo, since the normal way for source 2009 games doesnt work :/

Would you be able to test the "humiliation" sounds when people get knifed to death? Also with different knives? Like the gold knife in arms race. Just in case it triggers a different event

That would be very helpful thanks