Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

get_user_team is not fixed yet!

Post New Thread Reply   

GasmoN
Old 12-18-2018 , 18:55   get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #1

So, I saw in this post that allegedly this bug is fixed, but when I tested it with latest 1.8.2 (stable) version of amx mod x today, that native (get_user_team) returns wrong team id in few cases. So I reported that in bugs section -> https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=6635 and I hope it will be fixed soon.
The only solution I found so far is that this plugin can fix that problem (I tested it - I put plugin name below admin.amxx in plugins.ini) but it would be great if amxx dev team make a small update and fix this.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2018 , 07:02   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #2

You should test with the latest 1.9, not with 1.8.2. Most bugs have already been fixed in 1.9. If this one's fixed too, there's no point in reporting it, so test with 1.9 first.
Old 12-19-2018 , 18:01   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
You should test with the latest 1.9, not with 1.8.2. Most bugs have already been fixed in 1.9. If this one's fixed too, there's no point in reporting it, so test with 1.9 first.
Not fixed, at least in Half-Life. I'm not sure how amx mod x gets user team, but the correct way is getting it from m_szTeamName or from model userinfo. Of course, this issue affects get_players setted with team flag.

Last edited by rtxa; 12-19-2018 at 18:03.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2018 , 20:35   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #4

If after you have tested 1.9 and you still see the issue, you should submit the bug on GitHub here.
Old 12-20-2018 , 06:21   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #5

Well, why not fix it in 1.8.2 since it's latest stable version? I mean, they already tried to fix it in 1.8.2 so why not fix there first? Lot of server owners (Including me) still want to use stable version of amx mod x instead of Dev releases. One of the lot of reasons is that in 1.9 there will be way more problems with back compatibility so it would all come down to fixing new bugs. Instead of all that, they can just fix this one and we can continue to run our servers in peace.
I like new amx mod x version, and I can't wait for it's stable version. but until then I am happy with 1.8.2 since I have servers for years with that version and this is the only bug that started to bothering me so far.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2018 , 08:43   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmoN View Post
Well, why not fix it in 1.8.2 since it's latest stable version? I mean, they already tried to fix it in 1.8.2 so why not fix there first? Lot of server owners (Including me) still want to use stable version of amx mod x instead of Dev releases. One of the lot of reasons is that in 1.9 there will be way more problems with back compatibility so it would all come down to fixing new bugs. Instead of all that, they can just fix this one and we can continue to run our servers in peace.
I like new amx mod x version, and I can't wait for it's stable version. but until then I am happy with 1.8.2 since I have servers for years with that version and this is the only bug that started to bothering me so far.
1.8.2 is no longer supported for updates. The next version is 1.9 and all current bugs will be fixed there. There's no point in releasing a new 1.8.2 version when 1.9 is almost done, especially for just one simple thing like this.
Old 12-20-2018 , 12:39   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Not true, 1.9 is almost done and it doesn't break compatibility, check release notes.
Quote:
AMX Mod X 1.9 is a major update, containing many features, fixes, and improvements under the hood.

✓ All old plugins and modules will continue to work.
✓ This release does have new configuration files.
✓ This release does have configuration changes.
✓ This release does include plugin changes.
✓ This release does have translations changes.
✓ This release does not break compatibility.
Anyway, that bug you are mentioning has not been fixed yet.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2018 , 22:26   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Well, why not fix it in 1.8.2 since it's latest stable version?
By definition, fixing something in version 1.8.2 makes it not version 1.8.2 anymore (and not officially stable until extensive testing is done). Hence why 1.9 exists.
Old 12-21-2018 , 08:16   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
By definition, fixing something in version 1.8.2 makes it not version 1.8.2 anymore (and not officially stable until extensive testing is done). Hence why 1.9 exists.
Well, you are right about that haha
If this is true what rtxa sad, the I guess we (server owners) can be patient untill stable release of 1.9 version is published.
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2019 , 09:45   Re: get_user_team is not fixed yet!
Reply With Quote #10

sorry for bumping this, but this bug still not fixed in 1.9 get_players & get_user_team still return the previous team id until the player/user spawns
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh