Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Crashing with csdm 2.1 installed (amxx 1.76 not installed)

Post New Thread Reply   

trex8692
Old 12-29-2006 , 00:03   Server Crashing with csdm 2.1 installed (amxx 1.76 not installed)
Reply With Quote #1

Hi i'm not sure y this happens but every time i try to start my server it crashes ever sicne i installed your csdm 2.1 plugin. I'm not sure but somewhere in your files did you state to lower some value if server crashing continues?? If not then do you know how to fix my problem??

Thanx for your time

here are all the plugins i have installed

csdm_protection.amxx
csdm_misc.amxx
csdm_itemmode.amxx
csdm_main.amxx
csstats.amxx
amx_ejl_spacedudehook.amxx
bunnyhop.amxx
Knife_Healing.amxx
join_leave.amxx
Bullet_Whizz.amxx
unbanmenu.amxx
gaio.amxx
automatic_knife_duel.amxx
amx_deagle5_knife.amxx
czbot_control.amxx
viewmode_v2.amxx
viewmode_v3a.amxx
healthkit.amxx
boss.amxx

Last edited by trex8692; 01-02-2007 at 15:21.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-29-2006 , 06:28   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #2

And? What is Your problem with these plugins?
Note if You are using CS1.6 - don't use ZBOTs. CSDM doesn't work with it because ZBOT lies CSDM about the game directory and corrupts the memory. ZBOT is illegal as hacked version of original VALVE's CSBot and because of it - it's not supported.
Another thing - don't put all csdm_xxx files into plugins.ini if You have the file csdm_plugins.ini in Your amxmodx/configs folder - otherwise Your AMX X will try to load them twice.
trex8692
Old 12-29-2006 , 11:56   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #3

whoopsie, i thought BAIL was the only one who could read this thread.

KWo i edited the original post, so then you can see what my problem is.

first off, i am running cs:CZ

second, are you telling me that i dont need all of those csdm_XXX's in plugins.ini? You want me to just place csdm_plugins.ini into amxmodx/cofings right?
BAILOPAN
Old 12-29-2006 , 12:06   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #4

I don't think csstats.amxx is supposed to be in your plugins list.

Please try disabling plugins to see if a specific plugin is causing the crash. There might be a conflict between CSDM and something else.
Old 12-29-2006 , 12:28   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #5

hmmm are you sure?? The reason i ask this is because i ahve installed your previous versions of csdm (2.00) and it worked fine with csstats.amxx in plugins.ini, but i shall try what you told me. (at 4 p.m. central time) Until then are there any more tips you can give me?

EDIT: ok nvm i tried testing it out, it still crashes, after all the work that you told me to do.. what do i do now?

EDIT AGAIN: ok bailopan, i have figured it that it IS your csdm 2.1 thats causing my server to crash... hmmm. The reason i figured that is because i just now installed the old version of your csdm (2.00) and my server did not crash, it ran perfectly. Do you know how i can fix this problem now?

Last edited by trex8692; 12-29-2006 at 17:07.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-29-2006 , 17:51   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #6

How did you figure this out? Did you disable all the other 3rd party plugins first?
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-29-2006 , 18:16   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692 View Post
whoopsie, i thought BAIL was the only one who could read this thread.
If I have time, I'm trying to help, too. Sometimes also Faluco is looking into this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692 View Post
second, are you telling me that i dont need all of those csdm_XXX's in plugins.ini? You want me to just place csdm_plugins.ini into amxmodx/cofings right?
Yes - that's sufficient to load these plugins by AMX X.

If You are using non-steam version of CS:CZ it will crash with CSDM 2.1 (known problem, but non-steam version of CS aren't supported).
If You are using AMX X earlier version then 1.76b it may crash, too.
Another thing the crash is also happening a lot if the people are trying to use some older *.amxx files with newer version of AMX X without compiling the plugins again.
I would suggest You install fresh AMX X 1.76c - check if it works without any crash - then add CSDM 2.1, but recompile all sma fiiles against includes from AMX X 1.76c (I mean don't just copy csdm_xx.amxx files from 2.1 package but compile them against AMX X 1.76c, then - these compiled files copy into amxmodx/plugins folder). Then check if it still works without any crash. If yes - You can tr to start add Your custom plugins (but recompile them also).

Last edited by KWo; 12-29-2006 at 18:20.
trex8692
Old 12-29-2006 , 21:50   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #8

BAIL: i figured it out becasue it crashes only with csdm 2.1 (i dont have the amx 1.76 so that might be why). But when i reinsallted csdm 2.00 after deleting 2.1 the server worked perfectly.

KWo: you are really confusing me here. when you say compile you jsut want me to drag and drop the included .sma and .inc files into the amxx compiler???? I never used either of those becasue i would always click the "Get Plugin" button and do the regular installation.

do you really think i should install the amx 1.76 even if it is still in its beta version??
BAILOPAN
Old 12-29-2006 , 22:13   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #9

trex8692: You are ignoring me. What I said was, you need to find whether there is a CONFLICT between CSDM and another 3rd party plugin, and that requires disabling 3rd party plugins, and that is what I asked you to do.

However, AMX Mod X 1.76+ is required for CSDM 2.1 so obviously that would be a good place to start fixing things. I don't know why you think it's beta.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-30-2006 , 07:19   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692
KWo: you are really confusing me here. when you say compile you jsut want me to drag and drop the included .sma and .inc files into the amxx compiler???? I never used either of those becasue i would always click the "Get Plugin" button and do the regular installation.
Install fresh AMX X 1.76c (1.76+ is required as BAIL said to get working CSDM 2.1). Then get the CSDM 2.1 package. Browse that zip (of CSDM) and find the file: amxmodx\scripting\include\csdm.inc - copy it into Your (at Your HDD) folder (of new AMX X 1.76c installed) - amxmodx\scripting\includes. Then get from CSDM zip all files *.sma (they should be in amxmodx\scripting folder) and copy them to Your amxmodx\scripting folder. If You have all these files in the right place (of course don't forget to copy all config files of csdm - I mean csdm.cfg, csdm_plugins.ini and whole "csdm" folder containg spawn definitions etc which needs to be placed in Your amxmodx\configs folder) - then You can find the file compile.exe in Your amxmodx\scripting folder - just hit key "Enter" on it. It will compile for You on Your local HDD all plugins (*.sma) they are in amxmodx\scripting folder. Then go to amxmodx\scripting\compiled folder and copy all *.amxx files from there to amxmodx\plugins folder.
Once you have it compiled - start the game with default AMX X 1.76c plugins and CSDM 2.1 only - if everything is working correctly - compile the same way all Your custom plugins (get the *.sma sources of them and place them into amxmodx\scripting folder and hit "Enter" key on compile.exe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692
do you really think i should install the amx 1.76 even if it is still in its beta version??
1.76c is the latest official version.

Last edited by KWo; 12-30-2006 at 07:22.