Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2013 , 13:47   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTX View Post
Powerlord,

Thanks you very much for your time and I am currently working on a readme file for people who make a TF2 dedicated server from nothing, through the use of steamcmd.

Also I noticed I did indeed use an older version of the TF2Items, which made it crash after everyone disconnected.

Also thank you for your anwer on the timers, it seems after a few rounds of play testing these timers did not need any tuning (except for the occasional whiner about the hiding timer for the props).

Sofar we are loving this mod.

there came a question though from one of my friends:

- Is it possible to change what kind of prop you are, or is it randomly selected and you are stuck with it the entire round?

ps: @Leonardo fixed my post with proper tags
In Prop Hunt Redux 3.0.0 beta 2 and newer, there are two options to change props.

The newer method is the propreroll command. This command is only useable once per round and will change the prop to another random prop... although it can be potentially any prop including the one they already have.

To allow anyone to use this command, edit tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg and add this line between the { and }:
Code:
propreroll ""
The other option is the propmenu command. This command opens a menu that lists all the props for the current map plus the Ghost and Pyro props (which has no animations so its pretty obvious it's a prop). They can select a prop to become it.

To allow anyone to use this command, edit tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg and add this line between the { and }:
Code:
propmenu ""
propmenu also works in older Prop Hunt versions, but you also need to set ph_propmenu to 1 in tf/cfg/sourcemod/prophunt.cfg (if it exists) or cfg/server.cfg.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-15-2013 at 13:48.
Leo986
Old 10-16-2013 , 07:01   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #22

Oh my, I seem to have encountered an error with how the plugin responds to my server. After disabling it via ph_enable 0 I decided to change map and all of a sudden the gravity is set very, very low. As in if I jump I will never come back down. I fixed that by just putting sv_gravity 800 but right now dropped weapons from dead players are now floating across the sky for some reason :/

Is this because of any conflicting plugin or did I do something wrong while installing it?

Video (Uploading it still but I won't be here to post it once it's done): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSb...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Leo986; 10-16-2013 at 07:09.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2013 , 10:56   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo986 View Post
Oh my, I seem to have encountered an error with how the plugin responds to my server. After disabling it via ph_enable 0 I decided to change map and all of a sudden the gravity is set very, very low. As in if I jump I will never come back down. I fixed that by just putting sv_gravity 800 but right now dropped weapons from dead players are now floating across the sky for some reason :/

Is this because of any conflicting plugin or did I do something wrong while installing it?

Video (Uploading it still but I won't be here to post it once it's done): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSb...ature=youtu.be
Hmm... try this version and see if the problem still happens.

Incidentally, Prop Hunt should automatically disable itself on maps that aren't Prop Hunt maps... you don't explicitly have to set ph_enable 0.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 122 views - 92.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (41.7 KB, 138 views)
Old 10-16-2013 , 14:36   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #24

I have a final problem and that is when maps are changing after a few rounds. I have mapcycle command active when I start my server.

The game it self is ok, but the moment it wants to change maps it crashes and I need to restart the server.
Leo986
Old 10-16-2013 , 14:53   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Hmm... try this version and see if the problem still happens.

Incidentally, Prop Hunt should automatically disable itself on maps that aren't Prop Hunt maps... you don't explicitly have to set ph_enable 0.
Alright, that seems to have fixed it! What do you think was the problem?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2013 , 15:37   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo986 View Post
Alright, that seems to have fixed it! What do you think was the problem?
Prop Hunt Redux remembers the values of the cvars that it changes after configuration files are loaded when it detects a Prop Hunt map is loaded. It restores those values when you set ph_enable 0 or unload the plugin.

Sounds simple enough, but there was one slight hitch: It never checked that Prop Hunt changed those cvars to begin with. So, if you ever set ph_enable in a config file or on a non-prop hunt map, it would happily overwrite those cvars with the last value it knew... or 0 if a prop hunt map was never loaded.

The version I uploaded in my last post changed it to only reset those cvars if a prop hunt map is currently running... but I may make a more robust version before posting beta 4 to the start of the thread.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-16-2013 at 15:38.
Leo986
Old 10-16-2013 , 16:07   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #27

Thanks for answering!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2013 , 09:38   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #28

I never got to test this last night, but this should be the same change as above but written in a bit more sane manner.

It also makes sure that the Prop Hunt timers aren't started if ph_enable is switched to 1 unless we're on a Prop Hunt map.

The latter still needs some reworking, as switching prop hunt on shouldn't take effect until round change.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 123 views - 92.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (41.8 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-18-2013 at 09:39.
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2013 , 11:57   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #29

Code:
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM] Native "SendConVarValue" reported: Client 2 is fake and cannot be targeted
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM]   [0]  Line 1612, D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnClientPutInServer()
I'm running bots so players are not stuck in spec. mode. Maybe that's why I'm gettings this error ?
I used the plugin from first post.
Old 10-27-2013 , 12:01   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
Code:
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM] Native "SendConVarValue" reported: Client 2 is fake and cannot be targeted
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 10/27/2013 - 16:14:34: [SM]   [0]  Line 1612, D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnClientPutInServer()
I'm running bots so players are not stuck in spec. mode. Maybe that's why I'm gettings this error ?
I used the plugin from first post.
Hmm, I must have missed one of the IsFakeClient guards for that. Whoops. Unfortunately, since that's an error and not a warning, that means ResetPlayer doesn't get run on the bot.

Try this version.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 130 views - 92.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (41.7 KB, 118 views)