Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06

Post New Thread Reply   

SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2008 , 12:54   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasvan View Post
I really need to get this plugin working...

Could anyone still help, please !
Thank you !
Well me personally I use metamod 1.19-just regular 1.19. And 1.8.0.3 for amxmodx. Try placing fcos.amxx and fcoscfg.amxx above all your other plugins. If that doesn't fix it you must be missing some file or have a bad configuration or something else because the plugin itself works fine. Maybe you need to recompile it or something I dunno. Try doing that. Download the .sma's and compile it using the most recent compiler.
Michael.Pasteris
Old 03-10-2008 , 20:30   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #112

Is it possible this plugin isn't compatible with someone who is playing in software mode?

I have an admin on my server who gets slayed all the time, all his settings are at 0 and fcos tries to put them to 1. or what ever and it slays him (config)

Is there a way to prevent it from checking the cal settings on admins or specific players?

Michael
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 03-11-2008 , 16:19   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Pasteris View Post
Is it possible this plugin isn't compatible with someone who is playing in software mode?

I have an admin on my server who gets slayed all the time, all his settings are at 0 and fcos tries to put them to 1. or what ever and it slays him (config)

Is there a way to prevent it from checking the cal settings on admins or specific players?

Michael
You are correct. I actually have been aware of this issue since version 1.0 was first released but forgot to post a notice about this. Hardly anyone uses software mode and if they do I just tell them to switch to D3D and all is well. I have now posted an official notice on the front page. If he switches to D3D he should be fine. Any rendering other than Software Mode works fine with this. I have heard that some people can't use Open GL--and that's fine--they can use D3D though instead of Software Mode.

The reason for this is that certain CVARS are not recognized under Software Mode's video settings.
amokossi
Old 12-29-2008 , 10:55   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #114

Anyone knows where I can find the cvar list? I would like to change a few values...
Send a message via ICQ to amokossi Send a message via MSN to amokossi
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 12-29-2008 , 17:23   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokossi View Post
Anyone knows where I can find the cvar list? I would like to change a few values...
This plugin is not meant to be modified otherwise it doesn't serve the purpose for which it was intended. If you want custom CVAR settings go use the search function and you will find other plugins which serve your purposes. This plugin and thread does not support what you are wanting to do. Thanks.
amokossi
Old 12-30-2008 , 11:28   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #116

ok just because rate is set to 99999...normally we play with 25000 and also some other settings...nearly all players got choke more and more after activating your plugin
Send a message via ICQ to amokossi Send a message via MSN to amokossi
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2008 , 13:05   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokossi View Post
ok just because rate is set to 99999...normally we play with 25000 and also some other settings...nearly all players got choke more and more after activating your plugin
I played with this plugin on my server for years. Perhaps your server provider is less than premium or the computers being used by players are sub-par--because you're not going to convince me from your server that me running my servers for years was somehow a "fluke" that nobody ever had any problems that you are describing. Thanks.
NeonSRB
Old 02-26-2011 , 19:24   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #118

It would be nice if it could change the cvar of the player... :\
Like Client Checker does.
Also there is a bug with old commands ex_extrapmax, ex_maxerrordistance...
Valve/steam removed those and now I get a lot of messages in console cuz of ex_extrapmax 0....and I dunno how to set it on default.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2011 , 01:30   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSRB View Post
It would be nice if it could change the cvar of the player... :\
Like Client Checker does.
Also there is a bug with old commands ex_extrapmax, ex_maxerrordistance...
Valve/steam removed those and now I get a lot of messages in console cuz of ex_extrapmax 0....and I dunno how to set it on default.
This is made with a very limited purpose in mind, of which it accomplishes very well for those who want the CAL O settings as they were in times past. We never had any errors or problems and this plugin was used extensively in our server. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-02-2012 , 15:23   Re: Force CAL Open Settings [fcos] - v2.9 - 2007-04-06
Reply With Quote #120

Hello,
Is there a chance to force "cl_pitchspeed" to it`s default value 225 to stop cheaters with low recoil please???

EDIT: I put the plugin on my server... I was spectate looking in the menu and i got a pop up message like i changed the ex_interp value in the mid game. Plus that i had 31 players on the server and i was left with 5 after i enabled the plugin. Most of them were playing default but they got kicked everytime they joined the server . Please help

Last edited by bububogdan; 01-02-2012 at 15:52. Reason: update
Send a message via Yahoo to bububogdan Send a message via Skype™ to bububogdan