Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Dota 2 Fixups

Post New Thread Reply   

Timon_cheg
Old 11-05-2014 , 10:51   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #201

And what do you know about the bug fixes with auto-attack, how can fix this?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-05-2014 , 11:15   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon_cheg View Post
And what do you know about the bug fixes with auto-attack, how can fix this?
I don't use these servers myself much, and haven't gotten complaints about that from the users. I did try and I can reproduce the issue. I don't know the cause, but I have seen it happen recently on official Valve servers too, usually after having to reconnect.
haukgwai
Old 11-06-2014 , 00:04   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #203

Could you just upload the 2.0.2 version? I have tried everything and still can't manage to figure out why the server crashes upon startup. I would recompile the plugin from the source link if I knew how to compile plugins and since I don't, I figure it might be easier if you'd just upload the 2.0.2 version for now and see if it helps.

I think this issue shouldn't be overlooked since 3 other people are having the same problem since the recent dota patch came out. I don't know what else to say other than maybe try reproducing this issue by doing a clean installation using the SteamCMD method from scratch and using the plugin version that is available on the first page?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-06-2014 , 07:39   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by haukgwai View Post
Could you just upload the 2.0.2 version? I have tried everything and still can't manage to figure out why the server crashes upon startup. I would recompile the plugin from the source link if I knew how to compile plugins and since I don't, I figure it might be easier if you'd just upload the 2.0.2 version for now and see if it helps.
If you don't believe me, look at the code history. https://hg.alliedmods.net/users/skam....com/d2fixups/

The only changes after 2.0.1 had to do with addon (custom game mode) hosting. The top "Bump Version" is when the number changed to 2.0.2, and the "Bump Version" below that was 2.0.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haukgwai View Post
I think this issue shouldn't be overlooked since 3 other people are having the same problem since the recent dota patch came out. I don't know what else to say other than maybe try reproducing this issue by doing a clean installation using the SteamCMD method from scratch and using the plugin version that is available on the first page?
Missing something when setting things up seems to be extremely common and I cannot reproduce the issues. I can't personally troubleshoot everyone's install/update issues.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-06-2014 , 10:35   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Missing something when setting things up seems to be extremely common and I cannot reproduce the issues. I can't personally troubleshoot everyone's install/update issues.
One problem a friend came across today was outdated Steam libraries. When adding -condebug to the launch options, and then looking at dota/console.log, the last text before exist was noting this.

As mentioned for Linux/Mac installation on the Dota 2 SRCDS thread, similar can apply to Windows. If the Steam libraries shipped with the server are out of date, and you do not have the Steam client installed on the server, you can copy steam.dll, steamclient.dll, tier0_s.dll, and vstdlib_s.dll from a local Steam install to the bin/ folder of your Dota server files. If you do have the Steam client installed on the server and are having the same issue, make sure that it is up to date, even if you do not normally keep it running.

The issue can happen periodically as Dota starts to use newer Steam features.

Last edited by psychonic; 11-06-2014 at 10:36.
haukgwai
Old 11-06-2014 , 11:56   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #206

Quote:
One problem a friend came across today was outdated Steam libraries. When adding -condebug to the launch options, and then looking at dota/console.log, the last text before exist was noting this.

As mentioned for Linux/Mac installation on the Dota 2 SRCDS thread, similar can apply to Windows. If the Steam libraries shipped with the server are out of date, and you do not have the Steam client installed on the server, you can copy steam.dll, steamclient.dll, tier0_s.dll, and vstdlib_s.dll from a local Steam install to the bin/ folder of your Dota server files. If you do have the Steam client installed on the server and are having the same issue, make sure that it is up to date, even if you do not normally keep it running.

The issue can happen periodically as Dota starts to use newer Steam features.
Ah, that's the problem. This seems to have fixed the crashing problem.
_DEMON
Old 11-09-2014 , 16:08   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #207

Commands sm_ban sm_kick crashand server, what to do? Enumerates many versions metamode and sourcemod

Last edited by _DEMON; 11-09-2014 at 16:09.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-09-2014 , 16:09   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DEMON View Post
Commands sm_ban sm_kick crashand server, what to do? Enumerates many versions metamode and sourcemod
This isn't related to D2Fixups, but thanks for the report! I'll look into it.
_DEMON
Old 11-09-2014 , 16:41   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
This isn't related to D2Fixups, but thanks for the report! I'll look into it.
Just except you here nobody cares at dota.

Last edited by _DEMON; 11-09-2014 at 16:42.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-10-2014 , 13:26   Re: Dota 2 Fixups
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DEMON View Post
This should now be fixed in the next dev snapshot.