Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2007 , 21:43   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #81

Hey red!
Love the plugin and we're using it on all our seven Source servers.

One request.
Right now, servers stay at 23/24 until someone joins. They then go through the whole process, get into the map and then get kicked because they do not have a reserved slot.

Would it possible to have this plugin turn on and off via cvar, and when it turns on, kick someone with the lowest time on server or highest ping?
The reason I'm asking is that there is this neat little plugin for Beetles and Mani that sets those mods' reserved slot cvars:

Quote:
Here's the reserve slot PHP based system for those of you that were wanting it.

Versions will be kept here:
http://13adkarma.net/reserve/

What it does
This system was made to allow you to keep 24/24 players all the time without having a "wasted" slot that was only used to allow access to reserved players. It will activate the "reservedslot = 1" cvar and disable it after a set amount of time.

How to install
Just throw those 3 php files anywhere and you can rename them whatever you want just change the settings around in the index.php. None of the other files should need any configuration.

How it works
Go to the index.php file and it checks if your server is full. If it is it then allows you to click a button to "Activate Reserved Slot". It then goes to basically a waiting page and stays there a certain number of seconds that you can set in index.php which was made to basically give users time to tab back into the game or whatever. After that delay it will then set the server cvar "reservedslot = 1" and the beetlesmod setting will then kick people as needed to keep the server at 23/24 while it's set to 1. It will stay at that page until the desired deactivate time is reached, at which point the page refreshes and it sets "reservedslot = 0" allowing others to once again join the server.

How to incorporate it into your website
If you want to incorporate this into your site you can change index.php to whatever name you want, like reserve.php, then just use "include_once('reserve.php')" wherever you want the scripts text to show up at on your site.

Additional Info
Tell me if there are any problems. Also please keep in mind I basically took this script out of my web interface system so it doesn't have any sort of access protection or backup method of setting reservedslot back to 0 if someone activates the reserved slot and closes the window before it finishes looping around.
The index.php could be easily modified to that it could set a hreserved slots cvar to turn on reserved slots and kick someone allowing someone with reserved slots in.

I turned off the plugin today and it allowed the server to go to 24/24.
As soon as I set reserved slots back to enabled, it remained at 24/24 and no-one was kicked.

I'm wondering if your plugin can be adapted?
Kengh
Old 11-09-2007 , 08:37   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #82

Hi, is there anyway that I can configure this so that it doesn't let players connect and (I think just about get in game) and then kick them saying that they need a reserved slot? This is very annoying to people and renders the Steam auto-retry function useless. I just want it to be 23/23 and then only a reserved slotter can start to connect for the 24th slot. Please help me out because members of my community are getting a little upset. Thank you
red!
Old 11-10-2007 , 08:50   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kengh View Post
Hi, is there anyway that I can configure this so that it doesn't let players connect and (I think just about get in game) and then kick them saying that they need a reserved slot? This is very annoying to people and renders the Steam auto-retry function useless. I just want it to be 23/23 and then only a reserved slotter can start to connect for the 24th slot. Please help me out because members of my community are getting a little upset. Thank you
you can achieve this by using hidden slots and make the server look like 24/24 players while there is still a 25. slot that is invisible. The hidden slots can be accessed by "connect xx.xx.xx.xx:27015". there is no other way to realize this. Plugins/addons can not manage players that are not yet connected.
red!
Old 11-10-2007 , 08:52   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by strontiumdog View Post

I turned off the plugin today and it allowed the server to go to 24/24.
As soon as I set reserved slots back to enabled, it remained at 24/24 and no-one was kicked.

I'm wondering if your plugin can be adapted?
yes, you are right. kicking is only triggered on players connecting to the server. maybe I could add a trigger for the enable cvar. I am going to do some service on the plugin anyhow. I'll have a look at this.
Zervun
Old 11-10-2007 , 10:20   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by red! View Post
you can achieve this by using hidden slots and make the server look like 24/24 players while there is still a 25. slot that is invisible. The hidden slots can be accessed by "connect xx.xx.xx.xx:27015". there is no other way to realize this. Plugins/addons can not manage players that are not yet connected.
This is impossible with TF2 though as it does not allow more than 24 slots -

Us TF2 server runners are pulling hair out trying to get this funtionality with the server still being able to field 24 players
red!
Old 11-10-2007 , 10:25   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #86

ok, thats a pitty, but as a matter of fact I can not do anything on players before they are connected. you have to reduce to 23+1 or to 22+2 then to use hidden slots.
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2007 , 11:00   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by red! View Post
yes, you are right. kicking is only triggered on players connecting to the server. maybe I could add a trigger for the enable cvar. I am going to do some service on the plugin anyhow. I'll have a look at this.
Thanks.
red!
Old 11-10-2007 , 12:06   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #88

update:

version 1.2:

- added cvar sm_hreserved_bot_protection
- made hrs_status an official command (cleaned up output & restricted access to admins with generic admin flag)
- hooking on cvar sm_hreserved_slots_enable to make slots to be freed if plugin is enabled at runtime
red!
Old 11-10-2007 , 12:10   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #89

outlook:

due to the excessive list of cvars, I will move the configuration to a dedicated sourcemod-config-file in the next release.
BarkerJr
Old 11-10-2007 , 14:49   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #90

It looks like we're off by one. The operator on line 185 should be <= not <, and the currentClientCount on line 188 should not have 1 added to it. Does this make sense?
Send a message via Skype™ to BarkerJr