Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] Silly Night Vision and IR Laser Ideas

Post New Thread Reply   

BallGanda
Old 01-22-2023 , 02:13   [CS:S/CS:GO] Silly Night Vision and IR Laser Ideas
Reply With Quote #1

I have been combing through the plugins and had a few ideas... This is one set of ideas.

NVGS is pretty useless right? Lets add something useful for them.

Plugin: Add infrared laser sights that you can buy/enable/VIP whatever. Able to bind a key to toggle the laser on and off. separate purchases for primary and secondary weapons?
NVGS on is the only way to see the IR lasers.
This looks like a great starting point https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=253367
============================================= ===

The standard NVGS image changes are pretty poor. Could offer selection of levels of NVGS.
Plugin: NVGS select/store plugin to allow players to get different NVGS
This would require making new or selection from available NVGS mods(gamesbanana)

gen1 nvgs most grainy/noisy, most distortion away from center of each monocular/tube, and add the fade to black around each tube circle. Bonus if able to make the distance of vision limited by a fade to black.
for gen 2, gen 3, digital the NVGS effect would get less grain/noise, less distortion, vary the number of tubes, and change price for each level. Top level may even be fullbright with a filter color.
============================================= =====

HMM now this item has all this value (ya prob not), be a shame to let it go to waste.
Plugin: add ability to drop NVGS on ground and drop on your death if you had NVGS.

The drop ammo on death and drop money plugins got lucky and models exist in the game. Probably some small electronic device that could be a stand in model or a custom model would be an upgrade to the plugin. Bonus points for option to damage/destroy dropped NVGS, maybe by making them ignite into a small fire from the 'battery being damaged' then dissolving away.(i saw the dropped nades can be shot and exploded plugin)
============================================= ======

Big downside being that most maps are not dark enough to really have a NVGS use. Some zombie maps maybe but I usually play de/cs.

Any other ideas of how to add some value to NVGS? I think that having players glow a little bit only with NVGS on may be possible as well. With CS:S dying the slow death that it is CS:GO may be a better suited target game but I don't play that.

Last edited by BallGanda; 01-22-2023 at 11:54. Reason: Title update to add CS:GO