Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
NgBUCKWANGS
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Hook up those extra slots on your server
    Old 12-14-2016 , 15:22   [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hello Admin,

ABM is an alternative to MultiSlots, DDRKhat's SuperVersus and Merudo's SuperVersus. It's main purpose is to allow a greater number of players than is officially supported to play in any given game mode (e.g., campaign, survival, versus, etc). ABM works in the background but does expose what's under its hood in the form of menus and chat triggers.

The README will cover almost everything you need to know.
    • Adding bots automatically/manually
    • Removing bots automatically/manually
    • Pushing any player onto any team in any mode
    • Cycling any player through available bots on any team
    • Changing any survivors character
    • Respawning any player
    • Stripping survivors of inventory
    • Pushing any player into any bot on any team
    • Teleporting any player to any other player
    • Equipping survivors 5+ with specific inventory
    • And more

ABM has menus for those that prefer a GUI (in game only) and commands for those managing servers over a terminal. ABM is shooting to provide just one way to do the same action in any mode. If you're familiar with controlling larger parties (12, 24, etc) using ABM in campaign, you'll already know everything you need to know for managing survival, scavenge and versus.

It's important to note, ABM in competitive modes e.g., scavenge, versus may be a bit rough around the edges. If it is, let me know what can be done better and if it makes sense, I'll get right on it. The following link to the GitLab download will always point to the latest release. If you have any questions or feedback regarding ABM, please try to keep them on this thread. You will always find the latest changelog here.

Thanks fellas, have fun!

Any installations before 0.1.29 needs to update the gamedata file!

D:600+
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 10877 views)
    File Type: smx abm.smx (45.2 KB, 10067 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 5575 views - 98.7 KB)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 01-30-2018 at 17:19.
    Arthedains
    Old 12-16-2016 , 22:18   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #2

Looks interesting. I will test this on my linux server and see how it goes.
    Snaggle
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 12-17-2016 , 05:33   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #3

Slightly related, what does "ABM" stand for? Would it not make it easier for people to find the plugin if it had a name that offered a little more detail?
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-17-2016 , 16:26   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arthedains View Post
    Looks interesting. I will test this on my linux server and see how it goes.
    Hopefully it goes good. I've only tested on CentOS and Ubuntu servers and it works as expected. I never tried a Windows server and I had zero plans to really support it until it blew up on a friends server (Thanks for trying it out ). My absolute bane in life is how attracted I can get to a problem once it's in my sights. There might be a better version for Windows users on GitLab atm.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
    Slightly related, what does "ABM" stand for? Would it not make it easier for people to find the plugin if it had a name that offered a little more detail?
    I was afraid I'd get this question. It was only a matter of time and that was quick. It was gonna be "Another Bot Manager" because of how many features it had in regards to bots but I couldn't find "the other" L4D2 Bot Manager. At this point it couldn't just be "another" without there first existing something else like it. I then thought about "Awesome" but then thought blah that's cheesy.

At the moment it doesn't technically stand for anything and I thought how about people call it whatever they want? Argh Blah Meh? I'm horrible in the marketing department and got fired on my first day (I didn't even get a cubicle). A catchier name would get more love I suppose but I was also hoping I'd get some love if people that needed it just tried it out and it didn't eat their soul.

I might end up falling back onto Awesome Bot Manager?
    Snaggle
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 12-17-2016 , 17:37   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #5

Why not something like the below in the title, tells people the game and pretty much what it does.

[L4D2] Awesome Bot Manager

or "Advanced Bot Manager" ?
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-17-2016 , 18:00   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
    Why not something like the below in the title, tells people the game and pretty much what it does.

[L4D2] Awesome Bot Manager

or "Advanced Bot Manager" ?
    Oh, if you're asking why the subject title to this thread is just ABM, well, that's a mistake I can't fix (or can find a way to fix) and don't want to bother any moderators or make a new thread. I really shot myself in the foot on this one and that's OK. I would have loved to put more definition to the subject line here but I ended up putting that extra information in "description" which isn't title
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 12-17-2016 , 18:09   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    Oh, if you're asking why the subject title to this thread is just ABM, well, that's a mistake I can't fix (or can find a way to fix) and don't want to bother any moderators or make a new thread. I really shot myself in the foot on this one and that's OK. I would have loved to put more definition to the subject line here but I ended up putting that extra information in "description" which isn't title
    I'd be happy to change the title for you if you're unable to do it, what would you like it set to?

Last edited by sneaK; 12-17-2016 at 18:09.
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-17-2016 , 18:27   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
    I'd be happy to change the title for you if you're unable to do it, what would you like it set to?
    Thank you very much, it's things like this that make SourceMod not only an awesome solution to running a dedicated server but the reason you'd ever want to use it at all. It's just a testament to the community and a +1 reason to love you for it. The following as a title would be fine "ABM: An L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign".

Thank you blackhawk74, I swear I never thought I'd see the day, I'd get preemptive help when I needed it but was too afraid too ask. Momma bird in the house. Thank you!
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 12-17-2016 , 18:40   Re: ABM
    Reply With Quote #9

Glad I could help!
    Old 12-17-2016 , 18:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
    Reply With Quote #10

Thank you blackhawk74